Squealing Poodle says he won't talk to Ed unless he get's some help !

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Squealing Poodle says he won't talk to Ed unless he get's some help !

SAMMY HAGAR: 'EDDIE VAN HALEN Will Never See Me Again Unless He Gets Some Help' - Apr. 18, 2006

Sammy Hagar recently spoke to Billboard.com about his upcoming "Livin' it Up" tour, which will include an appearance by THE OTHER HALF, also featuring VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony.

"We're really having fun with stuff and after the last VAN HALEN reunion, it doesn't feel much like that may ever happen again for all kinds of reasons," Hagar told Billboard.com. "But I just think I need to play those songs, the fans need to hear those songs and it's just unfair to let it sit and die."

With regards to the possibility of further VAN HALEN activities in the future, Hagar said, "There were some real problems in the band [on the reunion tour]. I have to tell you, there were nights I didn't know what song Eddie [Van Halen] was playing. There were times I wanted to kill that guy for what he was playing. I would have left that tour in the middle of it if it wasn't for the professional aspect. He's never going to see my ass again unless he goes and gets himself some help."

On the topic of his next studio album, dubbed "Livin' It Up", the 58-year-old artist said he's shopping it to labels. However, fans will hear about a half-dozen of the songs on the 36-date tour, which begins May 5 in Lake Tahoe, Nev.

"'Livin' it Up' is really a lifestyle record," Hagar told Billboard.com. "It's not a metal record at all. I would say it's more American country rock than heavy metal rock, which is the type of music I've always played from MONTROSE through VAN HALEN. My intention was to just make a real honest record."

Read more at Billboard.com

Maybe Hagar's the reason Ed's on the pipe in the first place !

Fuckin 60 year old Wheezbag ....
    Last edited by Diamondjimi; 04-18-2006, 09:53 PM.
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

If Hagar had half the integrity he pretends to have about the whole thing, he WOULD have left the tour halfway through if he thought Ed wasn't cutting it.

Suppose the "professional aspect" he's referring to is sticking around and making sure he milked every nickel from the sham that he could.

Seriously, Hagar would've done Ed more good if he HAD bailed halfway through the tour, if he's so fucking concerned about him, and went public about why he was leaving.

Just more of Sam's bullshit excuses trying to explain away low ticket sales, when the bottom line is he knows the Van Halen lineup he's in is NOT what people want to see. But admitting that would come too close to telling the truth, so let's play "Blame Eddie".

What else do you expect from a pig but a grunt?
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Who cares?

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

yawn...

Comment

• tjvhou812
          Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Larg
          Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Coyote
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Where?!
            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Squealing poodle. ROLFLMAO!!!!!
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

I saw that tour and Ed was horrible. I felt ripped off I used to enjoy his 20 minute solo. That was always the highlight for me. But dang, the guy was sloppy. Maybe an off night, but from what I have read about the other shows, it wasn't just me. As for Sammy "blaming" Ed. Hey, someone other than the fans needs to get it out there that Ed is fucked up right now. I just hope he can get better. Addiction is fucked.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• lztom
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2004

This is hardly an incentive for Ed to clean his act up. Would you, if it meant fatty never spoke to you again?

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                    Hey, someone other than the fans needs to get it out there that Ed is fucked up right now. I just hope he can get better. Addiction is fucked.
                    Addiction has to be one of the worst fucking illnesses there is, and one of the worst to have to deal with it when it's someone that you care about that is affected. Those of us who are close to addicts usually take on their responsibilities and we face the consequences of their actions so that they don't have to. In the process, we THINK we're helping them, but in fact we are just hurting them more. They ALL should have left that tour, from what I saw. Maybe that would have been Eddie's "personal rock bottom", although his illness may have progressed too far at this point.

I've accepted that my ex-husband's personal rock bottom is more than likely going to be his grave... (alcoholism is now affecting him physically, and in fact his Parkinson's was misdiagnosed 4 years ago, because he lied to his physicians about his drinking habit. He actually has alcoholic neuropathy, along with numerous other alcohol related illnesses).

Nobody can help them but themselves.

Hell, I'm not even pissed off at Eddie anymore, but I'm sure as hell pissed at his addictions!
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• sisca
                      Groupie
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by sadaist
                      I saw that tour and Ed was horrible. I felt ripped off I used to enjoy his 20 minute solo. That was always the highlight for me. But dang, the guy was sloppy. Maybe an off night, but from what I have read about the other shows, it wasn't just me. As for Sammy "blaming" Ed. Hey, someone other than the fans needs to get it out there that Ed is fucked up right now. I just hope he can get better. Addiction is fucked.
                      i saw 2 shows that tour and ed's playing was fucked. but...before the show, i got to see soundcheck, and ed played jump, runnin with the devil, im the one and sgmad NOTE FOR NOTE, album quality, with fire and intensity. during the show, well, it wasnt his greatest playing, but i got to see ed play live again.

Comment

• fenway5150
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                        Addiction has to be one of the worst fucking illnesses there is, and one of the worst to have to deal with it when it's someone that you care about that is affected. Those of us who are close to addicts usually take on their responsibilities and we face the consequences of their actions so that they don't have to. In the process, we THINK we're helping them, but in fact we are just hurting them more. They ALL should have left that tour, from what I saw. Maybe that would have been Eddie's "personal rock bottom", although his illness may have progressed too far at this point.

I've accepted that my ex-husband's personal rock bottom is more than likely going to be his grave... (alcoholism is now affecting him physically, and in fact his Parkinson's was misdiagnosed 4 years ago, because he lied to his physicians about his drinking habit. He actually has alcoholic neuropathy, along with numerous other alcohol related illnesses).

Nobody can help them but themselves.

Hell, I'm not even pissed off at Eddie anymore, but I'm sure as hell pissed at his addictions!
                        Sorry to hear that. I think that's a point that gets missed with a lot of people including myself. Abusing alcohol not only can ruin a career but it can ruin lives.
                        "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
                        - DLR, 2004

Comment

• Walker
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • May 2004

Alcoholism is truly an awful problem that can fuck up the lives of many, not just the alcoholic. I've seen it firsthand in my family. Add fame and that must just exacerbate the problems.

From the outside looking in, it seems Eddie is kind of trapped by his own fame. He doesn't want to perform with Dave, he seems to want to perform Dave era songs, which Sammy won't sing. The last time he seemed happy was when Gary was in the band. I think it's time for Ed to find people he wants to play with, playing music he wants to play, and having the balls to be able to say to everyone, if you don't like it, fuck you.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Everyone is harping on alcoholism. I know Ed drinks. But I also believe he is probably on Vicodin or Oxycontin. When you go through cancer therapy they load you up on that stuff for pain. The problem with it is not only does it kill pain, it makes you feel really good. Mixed with alcohol? Bad combination. Also, you don't really eat when you take it a lot. Remember how skinny Matthew Perry got? And Ed sure has lost a lot of weight. Sure it's fun to blame Wolfie. But truth is it's the........Nah, it's Wolfie.:-)
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Re: Squealing Poodle says he won't talk to Ed unless he get's some help !

Originally posted by diamondjimi
                              My intention was to just make a real honest record.

Comment

Working...