• Show
Clear All
  • RuzDNailz
    Foot Soldier
    • Nov 2004

Old MTV show - Road Trip

I don't know if anybody has seen this show on MTV. This was a few
    years ago and I just discovered that MTV had come to Canada as a
    special channel. The show was a rerun and it helped me realize just how valuable the old CDs I have of CVH were. The show is/was called
    MTV's Road Trip and it had a special on Van Halen. The opening of the episode had some of the people from the show celebrating the fact that they got news that they were going to meet Van Halen. The moment they mentioned the summer of 95' tour, I realized that they actually fucked up. They should have mentioned Van Hagar instead,
    but during the show they were driving across the U.S. blasting the vomit music. I just kept tuned in because I wanted to see what would happen with Ed. They get to the arena (which by the way, was pretty small) and wait for the members. Basically they had to build the stage for the band in return.

First came The Bass Player and he was very friendly. Alex followed him
    and greeted the show members and he seemed polite. Ronald McHagar came out and TRIED to act funny but IMO, he seemed like a dork. Moments later....Ed came out and basically didn't seem too friendly. This was the moment I was waiting for and the point of me
    not breaking my T.V. was to see Ed and how he interacted with the people of MTV. He didn't seem to care at all. Was he drunk and trying to hide it? I couldn't take anymore torture at this point!

I changed the channel and held a moment of silence for a once mighty band. What if it was CVH? There would have been parties from
    left to right and tons of chicks! Tailgate parties in the parking lot and plenty of booze. Plus, let's not forget...LARGER venues that are actually packed!!! The episode would have been completely different
    and more of a party than anything else. To see the Toastmaster General walk in to greet them and poke some fun at them would have been priceless.
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Road Rules...
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Deadward and Alex could never handle the fact that Dave liked to have fun.

To them, it was all a big hassle.

Fucking losers.

Comment

• RuzDNailz
        Foot Soldier
        • Nov 2004

On a side note, Edward basically kept those Balance sunglasses on and seemed emotionless. Sad? Yes, indeed. The venue was almost equivalent to a small hockey arena.

Comment

• monkeythe
          Foot Soldier
          • Apr 2004

I laughed at the kid that stole a tour shirt only to find out later that they could have what they wanted.

AT least one of the kids was all psyched about meeting Eddie. It would have been funny to see anyone get nervous about meeting Sammy

Comment

Working...