PDA

View Full Version : Goddamnit! Aerosmith Quit Making Records!

Unchainme
05-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Just heard on the radio they're making ANOTHER album.

Now, I am a HUGE Aerosmith fan, Love everything from like 1973-1993 (Yes I even like G.A.G. Go ahead flame me.). But Jesus H. Chirst They need to quit making new CD's and Just fucking tour already. If anything needs released it ain't New Power Ballads, It should be rare tracks and Live Texxas Jam on DVD, Oh and a Video Greatest Hits DVD Like AC/DC just did.

Anyone else Agree?

PHOENIX
05-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme

Now, I am a HUGE Aerosmith fan, Love everything from like 1973-1993 (Yes I even like G.A.G. Go ahead flame me.). But Jesus H. Chirst They need to quit making new CD's and Just fucking tour already. If anything needs released it ain't New Power Ballads, It should be rare tracks and Live Texxas Jam on DVD, Oh and a Video Greatest Hits DVD Like AC/DC just did.

Anyone else Agree?

Baa hum bug!

I like the Ballads. Sounds better than the other crap on the radio.

Seshmeister
05-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Homo!:)

Unchainme
05-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Baa hum bug!

I like the Ballads. Sounds better than the other crap on the radio.

the ballads sound better than the Nu Metal and Rap that seem to dominate everything, But nothing close to the orignal Aerosmith of the 70's....but still, do they really need another album, While Other Stuff Like Texxas Jam Still hasn't been released?

Seshmeister
05-12-2006, 09:49 PM
I just find it really funny that Joe Perry used to refuse to play Dream On because it was too gay in his opinion. Then when they forced him to he would play it from the wings of the stage.

Ahh how the mighty have fallen...:)

Terry
05-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Man, I haven't had any use for Aerosmith since, well, Pump, pretty much.

Not too sure about Aerosmith's current crappy ballads sounding better than today's stuff by other bands making them any better...but the 1970s are long gone...when I see Joe Perry on Emeril hawking his hot sauce or see the boys in astronaut getups at the superbowl, I just fucking cringe, but bottom line is I'm done with what passes for Aerosmith these days.

That said, am now going to pop in Rock In A Hard place and listen to Jailbait, then maybe skip to Bolivian Ragamuffin. Yeah, yeah, Crespo and Dufay are heresy to some Smith purists, but those replacements helped put together an album (RIAHP) that SWAMPS pretty much everything the original lineup has done since 1989.

Seshmeister
05-12-2006, 10:46 PM
I really liked Permanent Vacation at the time but they've just got progressively worse and formulaic since then.

I seem to remember they signed a 6 album deal around the time of Pump so I guess that's why they keep churning them out.

Mr Badguy
05-13-2006, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Terry
That said, am now going to pop in Rock In A Hard place and listen to Jailbait, then maybe skip to Bolivian Ragamuffin. Yeah, yeah, Crespo and Dufay are heresy to some Smith purists, but those replacements helped put together an album (RIAHP) that SWAMPS pretty much everything the original lineup has done since 1989.

I`m with you, Terry.

"Rock in a hard place" would be in my top five Aerosmith albums ever, song for song.

ThrillsNSpills
05-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme

Now, I am a HUGE Aerosmith fan, Love everything from like 1973-1993 (Yes I even like G.A.G.

You have to give them credit for calling a prefabbed album GAG. lol

Attitude Adjustment from nine lives was good.

You just cant' listen to any newer stuff after hearing Toys, Rocks, Hard Place, etc.

ThrillsNSpills
05-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Night in the Ruts had some really good moments as well.

binnie
05-13-2006, 11:14 AM
The problem with Aerosmith is that they've gone on too long, after 30 plus years chances are you are gonna put out shit records.

70's Aerosmith is about as good as music can get!

Even Pump was fun, but then it became pop, the balls were gone.

The ballads all sound the same, Crazy, Crying, Amazed, just the same song, right?

Terry
05-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by binnie
The problem with Aerosmith is that they've gone on too long, after 30 plus years chances are you are gonna put out shit records.

70's Aerosmith is about as good as music can get!

Even Pump was fun, but then it became pop, the balls were gone.

The ballads all sound the same, Crazy, Crying, Amazed, just the same song, right?

Get A Grip was where I stopped bothering, and those three songs were a big part of it.

I could stomach Angel...actually liked What It Takes, but those three songs were pretty much the point where Aerosmith's videos became more interesting than their music.

Mr. Vengeance
05-13-2006, 11:58 AM
Even the latest offerings from Aerosmith are better than the shitty sludge that we hear on the radio these days. But, they have gone nuts with the dumb ballads. That last studio album (not counting the Honkin' on Bobo blues album) Just Push Play...that was pretty lame. One good tune.

Joe Perry's last solo album was a much better rocking effort.

binnie
05-13-2006, 12:10 PM
I agree Aerosmith on the radio is better than most, but I think that they're just damaging their legacy.

Who knows maybe they will suprise us with the next record?

binnie
05-14-2006, 04:36 AM
Worst Aerosmith record anyone?

Permanent Vacation or Nine Lives for me