• Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Dean Responds to Bush's PR Campaign on Immigration

Dean Responds to Bush's PR Campaign on Immigration
    May 15, 2006

Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean issued the following statement on the President's address on immigration tonight:

"After more than five years of sitting on the sidelines it's noteworthy that tonight the President finally joined the call from Democrats for comprehensive immigration reform. Unfortunately, at a time when we needed real leadership, we once again heard a political PR campaign filled with an unrealistic short-term fix, rather than a detailed long term solution.

"Once again the President tried to hide the truth about his guest worker program, which would force immigrants into indentured servitude and fail to protect U.S. workers and their wages. For what little substance the President did offer, he left out critical answers on practicality and cost, at a time when our national debt and budget deficits are at record highs and our national guard is stretched thin.

"What's worse, the President failed to denounce the House Republicans' plan to criminalize immigrants, families, doctors, and even clergy, leaving many to question whether or not he will stand up to the extremists in his party.

"The President's lack of leadership and tonight's band-aid approach to border security was more of the same. The American people are looking for substance not sound bites. Democrats have been consistent and will continue to fight for comprehensive immigration reform that is both tough and smart. That means reform that strengthens our borders. It means reform that protects U.S. workers and their wages, reunites families, and allows hard working immigrants who pay taxes and obey the law the opportunity to apply for the responsibilities of citizenship."
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Big Train
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Yes, the "citizens" want Amnesty...

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Thanks for the soundbite Dr. "Demento Screamo" Dean!

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
        Commando
        • May 2004

Just out of curiosity, who is going to enforce this Amnesty program. Do these dumb ass politicians think that if a reform bill is passed, these illegal aliens are going to run right in and sign up to become taxpayers? What a joke. That is one of the main reasons they come over here. I personally would love to work tax free, but that is not reality for a legal middle class American citizen. As a matter of fact, if I refused to pay taxes I would be thrown in jail. Now I just heard American banks are bending over backwards to help illegal's get housing in this country.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
          Just out of curiosity, who is going to enforce this Amnesty program. Do these dumb ass politicians think that if a reform bill is passed, these illegal aliens are going to run right in and sign up to become taxpayers? What a joke. That is one of the main reasons they come over here. I personally would love to work tax free, but that is not reality for a legal middle class American citizen. As a matter of fact, if I refused to pay taxes I would be thrown in jail. Now I just heard American banks are bending over backwards to help illegal's get housing in this country.
          ...and education. We shell out $7.4 Billion annually to educate these illegal bastards from grades K-12. Alot of states even subsidize their college education at "in state" rates. I thought only legal citizens of that state were entitled to that?

I wish my kids could go to college anywhere in the country at "in state" tuition rates.
          “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Hell, I'd like to work tax free myself. Why should I be forced to support a fascist regime?
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian

I wish my kids could go to college anywhere in the country at "in state" tuition rates.
              In some states, they probably could, as long as they have been residents for 6 months.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                In some states, they probably could, as long as they have been residents for 6 months.
                Some states, like Virginia, require one year of permanent domicile.

Anyway, you get my point.

They are not citizens at all, getting reduced rates, and even financial aid to go to school.

Not that I mind our government from helping kids go to school, it's just that I think Tyrone and Willis in the projects and Jethro in Bumfuck, Alabama deserve that money first.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                  Commando
                  • May 2004

The unfortunate fact is that Dean, the media and The President will not tell you that children of these 1st generation Illegal's do not carry the same work ethic as their parents. The majority of these kids do not want to go to school or work with the same intensity as their parents. They would rather join gangs and cause trouble than learn English and educate themselves.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I can think of some people who obviously don't care about educating themselves. Don't have to look too far either......
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                      Commando
                      • May 2004

I can think of quite a few myself, but this thread is not about them.

Comment

• Big Train
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Wow, look at all these misconceptions and exaggerations. Where to start?

#1. Only day laborers don't pay taxes, because, well they are only working for a few days? How much is that contractor saving? Let's add it up:

Disability
                        FICA
                        Fed and state income tax
                        Ins Premiums

Sounds like THAT guy is winning the bargain. And the local contractor who picks them up at Home Depot ain't no large corporation.

#2. Most plant jobs require a social (faked or not) and a federal Tax ID (faked or not). The fucking money is still going to the government, although these numbers are faked and probably aren't reported in jobs data, census etc...thereby painting a rosier picture by the GAO about the GDP. Ghost Income for the black Ops programs Ford likes to rant about..ha ha...

If you wanted to be intelligent about it, you'd say, "but they don't pay state or other taxes or contribute to social security". I'd say correct. So FUCKING ID Them, make them legit and get the rest of the income. Of course, you can't do that (say business privately), then they would demand fair wages. Blue Collar Whitey could Unionize them then. Can't have that.

Just tell me your down with exploitation and then we can leave them be.

#3. I live in the heart of it. If they ALL wanted to be in gangs, they would be. Truth is the majority don't and a huge number of the gang members (MS-13 for ex.) are first generation. Most are trying to improve their lives. Selling oranges instead of begging for your dollars.

4. Brian, if you really want to get into "how much we shell out for these people", you need to do a cost-benefit analysis across the entire economic spectrum (how much savings and productivity gains they create vs. how much they cost) before anyone can say who owes who. Has yet to be done, because that takes actual work and critical thinking.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The Hell it isn't. You make blanket racist statements and then in the very next sentence, talk about the need to educate oneself. Where the Hell is your "education" coming from,?
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• knuckleboner
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                            these illegal bastards from grades K-12.

a little harsh, no? the illegal bastards might be the parents who broke the law and snuck in here. (or the federal government, which for years has been ignoring the issue) but some 8 year old kid really doesn't have a choice.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                              a little harsh, no? the illegal bastards might be the parents who broke the law and snuck in here. (or the federal government, which for years has been ignoring the issue) but some 8 year old kid really doesn't have a choice.
                              Not to mention that some of the kids were born here, which means they aren't "illegal bastards" to begin with.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...