PDA

View Full Version : How fucking fast...

distortion9
04-16-2004, 05:26 PM
...would a reunited Van HALEN'S first show sell out?...Forget the rest of the tour for now. The very first show with Dave back, how long would those tickets last?!

Greensboro N.C. still has tickets left....yeah I know, "two months away blah, blah, blah"...not the point. Just cause you fucking pussy Hagar fans won't admit it, don't think the "band" isn't hip to what's happening. Those fucking tickets should be GONE by now fuckers.

"Additional concerts will be announced shortly.".....lmao, WHY?!?!?!?

Lou
04-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Every Van HALEN show I guarantee would have sold out in under an hour. Forget getting on Ticketmaster, the site would be so slow.

This is not the reunion most people wanted!!!! I'd say even 75% of the people who are GOING wanted a Van HALEN reunion over a Van Hagar reunion but are willing to put up with it see Ed. I am not, I refuse to sit through Van Hagar material and "sacrifice" to see Ed. Fans shouldn't have to be the ones sacrificing!

distortion9
04-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Every Van HALEN show I guarantee would have sold out in under an hour. Forget getting on Ticketmaster, the site would be so slow.

This is not the reunion most people wanted!!!! I'd say even 75% of the people who are GOING wanted a Van HALEN reunion over a Van Hagar reunion but are willing to put up with it see Ed. I am not, I refuse to sit through Van Hagar material and "sacrifice" to see Ed. Fans shouldn't have to be the ones sacrificing!

Bro I couldn't agree more. I'd love to go see Eddie but that shit just aint happening while the round one is the "front man".

tjvhou812
04-16-2004, 06:14 PM
thats becuase you aint a vh fan, your a dlr fan, make no mistake about it

distortion9
04-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by tjvhou812

You're wrong...I AM a Van HALEN fan.

Ally_Kat
04-16-2004, 07:16 PM

how do you know that? Maybe he can't stand Hagar.

GAR
04-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Instead of talking about how fast VH sold out "back in the day" we need to focus very carefully on 3 unknown variables to determine how fast exactly, a real Van halen reunion would sell out:

1. FANBASE ATTRITION - attrition rate is the factor in which a band, as a franchise, loses its' repeat business base or prior customers. This is made up from folks who seen VH, bought the tapes before the Van Hagar dillemna of Sammy coming in, and who is left after all that who would be still willing or capable of being excited at going to a stadium sized show.

2. CURRENT VAN HAGAR SALES would indicate some level of identificatgion between old Van Halen fans who would be interested in the actual Fearless Leader returning to stage with The Brothers: This owuld include people who may or may not care so much who the singer is, but that they will be guaranteed a Rock Guitar show in an otherwise guitar void in rock radio today.

3. CURRENT SAM AND CU"RRENT DAVE SOLO sales, including the Sam And Dave tour would be about the clearest indicator I can think of to show what level of concert participation the real VH fans would engage in buying tickets.Often times, its one buyer who gets the tickets for a group of people that want to sit together and so every ticket sold really represents about possibly 8 times more people who could actually physically go. Even though that many tickets aren't available nor sold.

In light of that 3rd case, I'd have to say I'm buying for everyone I know and then asking for the money: Most freinds of mine didn't even know DLR Band was as good as they are nor that they were touring the last 4 years - AND SOUND ABSOLUTELY GREAT at it as well.

So, do the right thing: tell everyone you know who goes to rock shows to wait till next year and the chance to see Dave in VH after this Van Hagar bullshit gets washed in the red inkof inancial failure and insolvency.

Sammy sucked the shitcorns outta my asshole without a stoppin' for a breath of fresh, untainted Taint air. The End. Nobody read all that I know LOL.

Lou
04-16-2004, 11:54 PM

I am a die-hard fan of the combination of Ed, Alex, Mike, and Dave. I'm not a fan of anything else calling themselves "Van Halen"--I'm not an Ed-head like you, nope. While I'm in awe of his talents, he can't write a coherent song to save his life and the Cherone debacle proved it. And I will not sacrifice to hear inferior music. I guess the Ed-heads only care about the soloing and not the songs themselves.