X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonelster
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Apr 2004

What were the show's rating numbers?

Anybody know what the show's rating were when he got booted.
    Were they better than Adam C. and those other idiots in the other markets? Or were they really that bad
    thanks
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

obviously not good enough...period...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Leadsinger777
      • Aug 2004

My understanding is the ratings were pretty bad.
      Does it make me less of a Roth fan if I didn't care for him as a DJ?
      I listened to the Adam Corolla show when I was in Arizona. It was pretty good,, but mostly because of his comedic guests.

In Dave's defense, love him or hate him as a radio personality... the station "free FM" pretty much sucks in general. There isn't much of an audience for their format. I don't think any of their shows are getting the ratings they're looking for. Even if Dave was the BEST DJ ever, Dave's ratings couldn't really be any good when he's on a station that nobody listens to.
      Time to bring a rock station back to New York City.

Just my opinion... don't shoot me.

Rick

Comment

• bantonelli
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Re: What were the show's rating numbers?

Originally posted by jonelster
        Anybody know what the show's rating were when he got booted.
        Were they better than Adam C. and those other idiots in the other markets? Or were they really that bad
        thanks
        DLR's numbers were better than Adam C. and Adam C. is still ON in Los Angeles?...Figure that out!?!?!?

The NY market had it in for DLR from the get go....
        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

I think they just wanted a "yes" man, cunts!

At least he can go on tour now
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• bantonelli
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

I found it interesting that DLR's Arbitron ratings were higher than Adam C's without the assistance of writers....You would think that would say something in DLR's favor regarding his talent, humor and intelligence.

Adam C. has Jimmy Kimmel and other comedians writing his material for the Radio Show. He needs it....his show is a sure sleeper...dangerous in commute traffic....give me some VIVARIN!
            "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Ha Ha!

It's sad, but most people like the middle-of the road, safe stuff.

That's how Bon Jovi sold so many records!

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Oct 2004

NOBODY really knows why Bon Jovi sold so many records.
                Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Big Train
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Preliminary Abriton Ratings (not sure if Q1 book is out yet) was the following:

DLR 1.9
                  Corrolla .9

YOU figure it out. Corporate teet man Carolla stays because he uses all the industry methods and rips Sterns ideas off in a sanitary way (witness Deaf Frat Guy) and skates around the FCC rink perfectly.

DLR tried to do something DIFFERENT and it went against scientific "research" they do (which is BS) and New Yorkers sensibilities at a time they were going through Stern withdrawal.

I think it is different out here. We liked Stern, but it didn't particulary kill us when he wasn't on anymore. He wasn't a hometown hero or anything (which I always questioned why DLR wasn't on out here).

Comment

• Brett
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                    I think it is different out here. We liked Stern, but it didn't particulary kill us when he wasn't on anymore. He wasn't a hometown hero or anything (which I always questioned why DLR wasn't on out here).
                    Not really true at all, he was always #1 here, and for about a 3-year stretch his numbers were better in LA than NY.

Comment

• Big Train
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I'm not arguing that point, his ratings were great. I'm just saying the grumbling post stern wasn't as bad because he wasn't "our boy". Carolla is a waste of time, we all agree on that, but I think the LA audience has other choices and formats to head into. I'd venture to say his white audience got fragmented the most. It's either Carolla, Mark & brian (ughh) or KZLA. For his other demos, they have Power and KDAY or the reggaeton station. All sucky choices mind you, but Piolin is sort of a Spanish Stern.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Do you reckon there is any chance Roth will go back on radio after this experience?

It's all just corporate crap!

Comment

• bastardog
                          Commando
                          • Feb 2004

I'm not arguing that point, his ratings were great. I'm just saying the grumbling post stern wasn't as bad because he wasn't "our boy". Carolla is a waste of time, we all agree on that, but I think the LA audience has other choices and formats to head into. I'd venture to say his white audience got fragmented the most. It's either Carolla, Mark & brian (ughh) or KZLA. For his other demos, they have Power and KDAY or the reggaeton station. All sucky choices mind you, but Piolin is sort of a Spanish Stern.
                          There is a reggaeton station in the states?!!!
                          damn....that junky music is really moving...
                          Bastardog

Comment

• Brett
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I gotcha now.

Well I wanted to still hear Howard, so I got Sirius. Enjoy it immensly, satellite radio really is the future.

Comment

• Polk High
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

Its obvious that freeFM wanted Howard Jr. to be their next dj. Although I hate Imus in the morning on WFAN I give the fan credit for keeping him on despite his rating never being good at all. In fact they were about the same as roth's at one time. Was it fair that roth got canned and everyone else didn't? Of course not but I'll tell you this I'll never listen to free fm again and I'm sure a lot of roth supporters will say that also.

Now a lot of people who live in ny said that dave's show was too dry for morning shows and that he'd be better for daytime talk where all the rush limbaugh's and others have gone to. what do you guys think of that? They claim that in the morning you need a boost for work w/ just non-stop comedy. i thought dave's show was really good but I hope i'm not being biased.
                              We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

Working...