PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Hicks

diamondsgirl
05-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
what I really want to hear is Taylor doing a Joe Cocker tune.

yeah so I said this back on 4/11... :cool:

and Randy got him to sing one...

he sounded great, IMO.

He's a bit of a spaz...but he can sing! and he seems cool.

The_KiD
05-17-2006, 11:35 AM
My prediction is that he will win the whole thing...

KiD

ELVIS
05-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Hopefully...

He's the only one left who can sing...

I liked Paris the best, though...

:elvis:

ELVIS
05-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Hopefully...

He's the only one left who can sing...

I liked Paris the best, though...

The_KiD
05-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Yea it I was surprised to see her go.. Not to mention McPhee's father works for FOX which I find very interesting...

Elliot will be leaving tonight and Katherine and Taylor will be in the Final..

KiD

diamondsgirl
05-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by The_KiD
Yea it I was surprised to see her go.. Not to mention McPhee's father works for FOX which I find very interesting...

Elliot will be leaving tonight and Katherine and Taylor will be in the Final..

KiD

yup.

hey, I didn't know about Mr. McPhee...hmmm....

RuzDNailz
05-18-2006, 12:04 AM
He knows how to put on a show. What I will always give Elliot credit for is his long battle and overall being genuine and polite. You don't see that with Kat. She's really cute, but her attitude isn't quite there. Taylor owns this competition and the crowd really gets into his performances. Our Idol competition is ready to start in a few weeks.

Jimmy Jingles
05-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Taylor fucking kicks ass. He will win.

McPhee has incredible natural titties and a nice phat ass. She is welcome to sing to my cock 'N balls anyday.

http://www.katharinefans.com/Portals/5/UltraPhotoGallery/415/35/large/katharine_mcphee9000.jpg

diamondsgirl
05-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
Taylor fucking kicks ass. He will win.

McPhee has incredible natural titties and a nice phat ass. She is welcome to sing to my cock 'N balls anyday.

http://www.katharinefans.com/Portals/5/UltraPhotoGallery/415/35/large/katharine_mcphee9000.jpg

LOL.

Let us know if she takes you up on that splendid invitation. :D

ELVIS
05-18-2006, 07:44 PM
If that bitch wins, It's rigged...

The_KiD
05-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
If that bitch wins, It's rigged...

I totally agree.. Being the Internet Savvy Trouble Maker I am. I found a site that shows the results hours before the show airs. It has been right everytime.

The one thing that was weird was they showed percentages that differed from my trusted site last night making things look closer than I think they really were.

Check it out for yourselves..

http://www.zabasearch.com/ai_stats.php

KiD

diamondsgirl
05-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Its pretty nutty that it was almost an even spread.

Imagine how Elliot feels losing with over 16 million votes!

I think Taylor is a shoe in next week. As long as he doesn't do anything too spastic like fall off the stage while he's dancing. LOL.

I hope he does Cocker's "Feelin' Alright". That would rock.

Uh huh...

Or he would kick ass doing some Creedence...anything by Creedence...but Bad Moon Rising would rule.

ELVIS
05-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Nah...

No Creedence!

diamondsgirl
05-18-2006, 10:06 PM
If you could pick a song for him what would it be?

ELVIS
05-18-2006, 10:10 PM
I really don't know...

He's an odd fit...

Jimmy Jingles
05-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
If you could pick a song for him what would it be?

Anything by Cocker, James Taylor, Van Morrison...that genre.

Mr. Vengeance
05-19-2006, 02:58 PM
A fucking American Idol debate here????

That's it folks...the Army might as well pack it in.

Fucking American Idol bullshit.......

m_dixon1984
05-19-2006, 03:04 PM
American Idol sucks balls!!

However, McPhee wins if she rubs her nipples with ice cubes before her next performances. I'd even call in and vote.

M

Jimmy Jingles
05-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance

Thank you.

We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

Mr. Vengeance
05-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
Thank you.

We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

Hey....You want to watch talentless hacks try to get a career by having pathetic losers vote for them, that's up to you.

Me?? I trash pathetic fucking shows like Idol. That's me though.

m_dixon1984
05-19-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm with you Mr. V. Since when do we give recording contracts to Karaoke winners? At best, we let them sing at weddings and pay them with booze from the open bar.

I'm only slightly aware because Idol has had some hot contestents like Clarkson and now McPhee.

It still surprises me how popular these shows are when there has only really been one success story: Clarkson. Where are the rest of the winners? They get millions of votes but can't sell a record? Just shows that the fans don't really care about the music just the drama created by the show. Pathetic.

M

Mr. Vengeance
05-19-2006, 05:54 PM
When when you have little turds like Eric the Midget, a wack-packer from the Howard Stern show, calling 400 times for the latest hot chick that he's in love with, that shows you the mentality of these voters.

Every time that ungrateful little prick calls the show I cringe....

ELVIS
05-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
Pathetic.

M

Why is that pathetic, it's just entertainment...

Just like The Da Vinci Code is entertainment...

m_dixon1984
05-19-2006, 08:23 PM
I see it at as pathetic because the shows whole premise is about creating the next musical phenomenon when the reality has shown that all that is created, in most cases, is a one season television celebrity.

I do agree with you that the show has succeeded, and very well, at being entertaining. Thanks mostly to the antics of the three panel members who serve as nothing but mouthpieces during the all important decision making process, the votes of the TV viewers (who, as I've previously stated, show no interest in the contestants musical careers after they're off the show).

The uproar over the Da Vini Code is just as pathetic becuase, as you said, it's entertainment, not historical or biblical fact.

M

ELVIS
05-19-2006, 08:51 PM
I see it at as pathetic because the shows whole premise is about creating the next musical phenomenon.

That premise could easily take place with the right talent...

Real main stream star material, whatever that means, hasn't come along yet, with the exception of Fantasia, who was nominated for four Grammys...

And she can sing...

ritetoolforjob
05-19-2006, 08:54 PM
the shebangs guy is more famous than dave....

m_dixon1984
05-19-2006, 09:38 PM
So far only Clarkson (certainly mainstream) has had a second release that has outsold the first. Aiken had 2 platinum releases but his second showed his popularity fading. Ruben has faded into nothingness after an impressive first release. No one else has released a second, mostly because of lackluster sales of their initial offerings, although Fantasia and Underwood could change that trend (the trend being once the next Idol season starts previous artists fade). See here for stats: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_Finalists_Album_Sales

I'll stick with my impression that the Idol premise has become pathetic. I don't think you can properly showcase your ability to be a superstar by singing Karaoke in front of a huge audience. There's a whole lot more to being a viable, consecutive, multi-platinum artist than singing other people's music well, or singing a lot like successful artists of the past (Aiken like Manilow and Studdard like Vandross).

It could still happen (the creation of a superstar) but will it before the shows poularity fades? I'm not so sure. I'll still watch occasionally because I love how Simon tears apart the contestants.

M

Wow, I can't beleive how much I've written about American Idol. Now, I must admit, I see myself as pathetic. I should never have stopped smoking the ganga. Under its influence I would have avoided all Idol threads.

ELVIS
05-19-2006, 09:53 PM
LMAO!

diamondsgirl
05-19-2006, 11:53 PM

LMAO...

I was just asking opinions for those who care to give theirs

I guess I got yours :p

Anyway...I think Hicks is talented...and I would go see him play if he came around here

I think it'd be cool if it were just him and his harp at a small club somewhere ...I hear he's a decent guitar player as well

haven't listened to his CD at all, so I can't say for myself

Someone like him deserves a contract and if the show helps get it for him, thats great, IMO

meanwhile, he entertained my ass once a week for the last few months

:cool:

I dig Simon too...and the way the contestants just have to stand there and let him tear them up...good stuff...builds character :D

Its pretty funny when he asks them if they're drunk.

Ally_Kat
05-20-2006, 02:22 AM
They get millions of votes but can't sell a record?

I know it's not your type of thing, but last season's two top finalists both were on the top of the charts in their genre. Bo alone stayed how many week on TRL. Now, we may not watch and call in for that, but the audience that music labels pay attention to do. And Carrie was on top of her country charts. In fact, I think she surpassed some record in her sales.

So last year's peeps were able to seel a record or two, to their credit.

Mr. Vengeance
05-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Why is that pathetic, it's just entertainment...

Just like The Da Vinci Code is entertainment...

I disagree....Based on the reviews, Da Vinci Code is clearly not entertaining.

MAX
05-20-2006, 11:53 AM
I disagree....Based on the reviews, Da Vinci Code is clearly not entertaining.

Well, the book sure was.