PDA

View Full Version : 1983-us Festival Videos

BALLYJUNKIE
05-17-2006, 05:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search=1983+us+festival&search_type=search_videos&seahttp://www.youtube.com/results?search=1983+us+festival&search_type=search_videos&search=Searchrch=Search................. CHECK IT OUT

BALLYJUNKIE
05-17-2006, 06:10 AM
LIVE WIRE IS GOOD

BALLYJUNKIE
05-17-2006, 06:11 AM
I ALSO THINK THE US FESTIVAL WAS THE 1ST GIG OF OZZY WITH JAKE E. LEE ?

binnie
05-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Motley forever!

m_dixon1984
05-17-2006, 12:57 PM
That's a great link. I have VH and Motley on DVD already but I'd never seen Quiet Riot, Ozzy, or Priest (or even those ice tea sipping bastards - The Clash).

Thanks BallyJunkie,

M

ELVIS
05-17-2006, 01:05 PM
This is better than I used to think...:)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGRwUJk8bnA"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGRwUJk8bnA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:elvis:

FORD
05-17-2006, 02:14 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LHa5I40ovdM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LHa5I40ovdM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I remember watching this and thinking "That crazy Irish bastard's gonna get himself killed up there!"

binnie
05-17-2006, 02:18 PM
"I'm hot, I'm young, I'm runnin' free
Little bit better than I used to be"

Fuck yeah!

No-one's sleazier!

FORD
05-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Why the Hell are there Laura Branigan videos coming up in that search?

Savicki had something to do with this :mad:

ELVIS
05-17-2006, 02:38 PM
U2...:rolleyes:

FORD
05-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
U2...:rolleyes:

Fuck you. That performance was brilliant. I'll take U2's 83 tour over the Zoo TV or PopMart theatrics anytime.

And it's a CRIME that the Red Rocks concert still isn't out on DVD :(

ELVIS
05-17-2006, 03:02 PM
It just doesn't have any life to it...

FORD
05-17-2006, 03:05 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/10HK0P-6buQ"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/10HK0P-6buQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

"This song is not a rebel song....."

binnie
05-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Yeah U2 have never been a fave of mine, just seem to lack balls.

At least they had something to say at this point tho'

Va Beach VH Fan
05-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by FORD
And it's a CRIME that the Red Rocks concert still isn't out on DVD :(

One of the earliest MTV videos, especially "Sunday Bloody Sunday"...

Remember that FORD ??

Mr. Vengeance
05-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Motley Crue and especially their management lobbied HARD to keep that footage under wraps, because they thought it was horrid. They managed to keep it from being released with the original US Festival Metal Day Program, but obviously it got out....

Terry
05-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Sixx and Lee were good. Mars kinda fumbled around a bit. Vince Neil was fucking awful at the US Fest. Too much coke, or something, but the dude's voice was fried. Crue's management tried to keep that footage under wraps for good reason; got a boot of the full-length concert recently, and was just laughing at how terrible Vince was singing.

If I had seen the footage back then (I did see it when it was on Showtime, but that was only a few songs for each band, and it's been nearly a quarter-century) and someone had said to me that Motley Crue was gonna end up being one of the biggest US rock acts/bands of the 1980s, I'd think that person was outta their fookin' head.

BruinJer
05-18-2006, 12:37 PM
I have to agree with you terry... Vince sounded like a dying cat. Though they looked cool... their set kinda sucked! Also... how drugged up do you all think Ozzy was that day, I used to have his full US Festival set and let me tell ya, he mumbled quite a bit! I thought, Priest, Scorps & Van Halen were on their game that day... as drunk as Dave was, Van Halen still brought the house down. One band that has gotten a lot of shit over the years but I thought was damn good at the US Festival was Quiet Riot... I liked their set!

Funny... what a difference the crowds are comparing Motley Crew & US videos...lol

binnie
05-18-2006, 01:46 PM
Sounds like his voice was fucked in the mix to me.

Still the fuckin' Crue tho'

Mr. Vengeance
05-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Ozzy was totally drunk off his ass. Listen to him forget the lyrics to Paranoid!!! FUCKING PARANOID! A song he'd sung at least five thousand times!

Judas Priest rocked the place.

Scorpions were great, especially On "I Can't Get Enough" and "The Zoo"

Triumph...Always hated them even though I'm Canadian.

Crue sounded like shit.

Quiet Riot do a pretty good job.

VH- One of the classic shows of all time....'Fuck the concert! Let's go across the street and get a drink!"

Terry
05-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Yeah, Quiet Riot DID do a pretty good job, agreed!

By that point, DuBrow was due. When I saw them open up for Black Sabbath several months later, after Metal Health and Cum On Feel The Noize broke, they weren't so hot live...it was apparent that most of the audience were there to see Sabbath and the crowd response was tepid for QR.

Scorps were just a fuckin' finely tuned MACHINE back in those days; consistently professional and always hit the marks - probably one band that I'd bother to go see now, as I'd be reasonably sure they'd still put on a good show.

When I saw the Crue in early 1984 opening for Ozzy, they were much better than when they did the US Fest, although according to The Dirt, they were kinda fucked up that day, and it does seem that Vince's mic was periodically cutting out or his vocals were getting buried in the mix at the US Fest, but he just wasn't singing that great, bottom line.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by BruinJer
as drunk as Dave was, Van Halen still brought the house down.

Come on now, they were all equally fucked up... Of course, with Dave doing most of the talking and singing, it was more apparent...

And as we consider the US Fest. performance one of their best, the band considered it quite sloppy, which is probably why it's never been officially released on DVD...

Mr. Vengeance
05-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
And as we consider the US Fest. performance one of their best, the band considered it quite sloppy, which is probably why it's never been officially released on DVD...

There's money to be made....eventually all this will be released! Hell...Paul McCartney said he'd NEVER agree to release Let it Be, because he was hurt by how he fought with George in the movie...but that's coming out soon.....

Terry
05-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Come on now, they were all equally fucked up... Of course, with Dave doing most of the talking and singing, it was more apparent...

I dunno about one of VH's best performance-wise (frankly, Largo, Buenos Aires, Argentina and Montreal are all better), but it's definitely one of the better quality and most easily found CVH bootlegs out there.

Yeah, I'm not sure why it hasn't been put out there by now either. It's been so heavily bootlegged that it seems silly not to release it officially.

Then again, it's not like we really have a lot to choose from for official CVH video stuff, yet we have 2 full-length live Van Hagar home videos and a live Van Hagar album to choose between not buying...

binnie
05-20-2006, 04:09 AM
Yeah they should release it.

couldn't be more embarrasing than "Live Right Here Right Now"

Or "Without a Net"

Va Beach VH Fan
05-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Terry
I dunno about one of VH's best performance-wise (frankly, Largo, Buenos Aires, Argentina and Montreal are all better), but it's definitely one of the better quality and most easily found CVH bootlegs out there.

Yeah, I'm not sure why it hasn't been put out there by now either. It's been so heavily bootlegged that it seems silly not to release it officially.

Then again, it's not like we really have a lot to choose from for official CVH video stuff, yet we have 2 full-length live Van Hagar home videos and a live Van Hagar album to choose between not buying...

Yeah, that's really the key point, there's so few decent quality videos from the Roth era....

It's really down to the US Festival and the 3 videos from Oakland '81 to real pro-shot videos (I don't think Largo '82 would be in that category)....

And I understand the marketing point of view also, they could throw some great extras on a 2nd DVD to include in it, like Camp Van Halen, MTV footage, and shots from the Festival itself....

If I had the copyrights to that festival, I'd make a DVD package of the entire Heavy Metal Day...

binnie
05-20-2006, 09:11 AM
A-Men