• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Bonds ties Ruth

Bonds ties Ruth with 714th home run

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) - Barry Bonds tied Babe Ruth for second place on the career home run list Saturday with his 714th homer, a solo shot into the right-field seats leading off the second inning.

The 41-year-old Bonds hadn't homered in nine games - a stretch of 29 at-bats - since hitting No. 713 with a 450-foot drive May 7 in Philadelphia. His teenage son, Nikolai, a Giants bat boy, was waiting for him at home plate and they embraced.
    Bonds was quickly greeted by his teammates, who surrounded him at the top of the dugout. Bonds tipped his cap and blew a kiss toward his 7-year-old daughter, Aisha, then came out of the dugout and raised his hands.

Left-hander Brad Halsey became the 420th pitcher to give up a homer to Bonds, who was San Francisco's designated hitter in an interleague series against the Oakland Athletics.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!
  • guwapo_rocker

Ya think he cheated??

Comment

• Bob_R
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I was watching the Yankees-Mets game on Fox and the announcers said that the news was greeted with boos.
      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Ya he is so evil

The only reason he is getting this bad press is because he is a prick and the press wants payback.

Oh yeah another reason...everyone of the league's top batters cheated and Bonds was just the most talented out of all of them...why he will pass the Babe.

Hypocritical to ignore Mark, Sammy, etc and focus on Barry.
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I think if McGwire was around still...he would be getting the same shit that Bonds is getting...

and Sosa wasn't exactly celebrated either...during his last couple of years in the league...and Sosa...at one time...was MLB's posterboy with that faggety bullshit he did in the dugout...

Personally...all three can goto hell...

Even so...

Bonds is the only one of the three hitters that admitted to taking steroids...but had the audacity to say he didn't know he was taking them...

a joke of monster proportions...

you reap what you sew...

you act like an asshole...you get treated like an asshole...

period...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• redblkwht
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma

Hypocritical to ignore Mark, Sammy, etc and focus on Barry.
            Fuck that..
            Corked bat, bum season last year..wonder why no one signed him in 2006?
            He plainly sucked last year
            for the O's.
            cmon dude im a cubs fan..
            Sammy shit on himself too, he
            was lucky he didnt stick around
            this year, he had alot of love coming his way if he did trust me.

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

and Mac and his fifth ammendment bullshit...

he might have well stripped...hopped up on the table...

and screamed...

"I TOOK STEROIDS AND LET CANSECO DIDDLE MY ASSHOLE!"
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Fucking Hilarious
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I think the telling part of the steroid story is that now, looking back...the only one with any credibility left is Canseco (well Giambi too).

Fucking Jose...who everyone thought was being petty and jealous...was telling the truth.

The emperor has no clothes...
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Find one of my DOJO's...from a month or so ago...I'll find it...lmfao...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I keep coming back to that day in Congress...when all those players and management sat there...McGwire and Sosa and Palmeiro and Canseco (Bonds, of course, wasn't there). There they all sat. McGwire and Sosa...the stars of 1998...who we KNEW would dispell the rumors. Palmeiro, one of the seemingly most respected players in the game today, and about to pass not only 3,000 hits, but 500 homeruns...and Selig...perhaps able to use this meeting to make up for lost time. You know...make up for all that crap he's been dishing out for his entire term. I keep looking back at that meeting now over a year ago and keep shaking my head...

...to think...that the one guy sitting at that table telling the truth...was Jose Canseco...

So congrats Selig...you are perhaps the only guy that could make Jose Canseco sound sane in this house of insanity.

And Barry...salvage something out of this...come clean...and retire...do the graceful thing...if it's in you...unfortunately...

...you don't do anything gracefully...

Comment

• Brett
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

He hit 714? Who cares.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

God cares Brett...

God cares...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Palmeiro with his finger wagging...I almost forgot.

So pathetic
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• EbDawson
                              Veteran
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                              God cares Brett...

God cares...
                              God's a giants fan?
                              "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

Working...