• Show
Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

It's Official: Ricky Williams Headed for CFL

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Update: Williams (suspension) will be allowed to play for the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL this season if the Argonauts give the Dolphins written assurance that he will be released upon the end of the CFL season in November, the Miami Herald reports.

Recommendation: The Argonauts are expected to grant the requested assurance in time for the start of their training camp on Sunday. They open the regular season on June 16.
  • guwapo_rocker

I may go check out a few games this year.

It's not the same as it was in the 80's when there was

50,000 at every game.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I think the game itself...the rules, field size, etc. is much more exciting than the NFL.
      Nothing like running the ball for 3 downs for excitement.

Of course the NFL has some of the world's freakiest atheletes and it is a superb entertainment product.

I am going to see Ricky for sure.

He is going to have to learn to catch the ball in this league...may actually help him in this regard
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

He's a fine receiver...but obviously...it's less of a big deal in the NFL...where most teams run more than half the time...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Flamma...I know I disagree with you about certain things...

but...mother of god...I absolutely refuse to comment on a CFL/NFL debate...

Now if you want to compare the CFL to the Arena League...that's a different story...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Maybe the CFL could find a way to curb this into a sort of Minor League of the NFL type of deal...

I heard that the CFL and NFL had talked about this a few years back...maybe this is a first step...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Pojo, I think the NFL is the best single pro sports league right now.

The CFL has second-rate players in comparison, but have you watched much of it lately?

I am just saying the game itself, rules, field , etc, lends itself to a great deal of excitement.

Sometimes, the NFL can be great, others time the game is tedious.

Sure, the CFL has guys who are cut from NFL teams and have guys who could never make it there, but the game is a great product. Watch some games this year.
              Last edited by Romeo Delight; 05-24-2006, 08:24 PM.
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

I used to watch it back in the 80's...

obviously...it's not a big ratings hit here in the deep south...

I'm not saying it isn't entertaining...

but more entertaining than the NFL?

I get your point...there's more excitement...because of the run and gun stylings...the motion...3 downs...

Like I said...it's more like Arena Ball than anything else...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

but more entertaining than the NFL?

Arena Ball than anything else...
                  I've been known to overstate things from time to time
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• redblkwht
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

gotta pay for the northern lights!!

Q: does the CFL have a drug policy?

EUAS

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

He is in TO as we speak.

Consider it done

When Couch gets dropped by the Giants, he is going to sign there as well
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        Maybe the CFL could find a way to curb this into a sort of Minor League of the NFL type of deal...

I heard that the CFL and NFL had talked about this a few years back...maybe this is a first step...
                        The CFL would never, EVER change their 3 downs, field size etc.

There is alot of tradition and pride in the CFL, regardless of the image in the States.

I would like a closer affiliation with the NFL in some respects, especially if it meant seeing more marquee players from time to time.

But, for the loyal fans like in Saskatewan, who come out 60,000 strong no matter the minus 30 temperature, they deserve some player continuity and loyalty.
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

I would like to see the CFL try to do America again. But instead of San Antonio or Shreveport, Put it in Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Seattle, Boise, Portland, Cities close to the Border to try and devolop rivalries, Of course i love seeing pretty much all Football so it probably sounds pretty stupid.

BTW, I secound the idea of making it a Minor League to the NFL. Than have the Arena League be AA, and Then NFL Europe as Single-A.
                          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Every year, and I mean every year, the Grey Cup is an absolutely incredible football game.
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Unchainme
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
                              Every year, and I mean every year, the Grey Cup is an absolutely incredible football game.
                              Wish I could watch it . The only time I see it is when they show Highlights on Sportscenter on that day.
                              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...