PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Warns Against Global Warming

ELVIS
05-22-2006, 02:03 PM
May 22, 2006 (http://www.zaman.com/?bl=international&alt=&hn=33330)

http://www.zaman.com/2006/05/22/clinton_b.jpg

Former US President Bill Clinton noted that global warming will pose a greater risk than terror in the future and added that all countries should take precautions in this frame.

Talking to a graduating class of the University of Texas' Lyndon Johnson School of Public Affairs, Clinton made some warnings about global warming.

Clinton defended that the United States should adopt policies on global warming that will bring more strategic partners and fewer enemies and use channels of institutionalized cooperation.

“Climate change is more remote than terror but a more profound threat to the future of the children and the grandchildren and great-grandchildren,” Clinton told.

:elvis:

FORD
05-22-2006, 02:52 PM
I'd hire 10 new interns for him, if we could only have him finish up Chimpy's unelected term of office.

ELVIS
05-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Yeah, but aren't you proud your fearless leader is endorsing that global warming will be a greater risk than terror ??

Guitar Shark
05-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Well, it's a matter of opinion but I think he's right.

ELVIS
05-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Amazing...

Guitar Shark
05-22-2006, 03:28 PM
What's amazing is that you don't even see the possibility, given what happened in your back yard last year.

ELVIS
05-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Absolutely not!

FORD
05-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Did they ever release a "final" death toll from Katrina? I know damn well it was higher than 2,700. Which is why they wouldn't release a number to the public, most likely.

Because then the BCE would have to admit that their own incompetence killed more people than Osama (allegedly) did on 9-11-01.

binnie
05-22-2006, 04:00 PM
It's a big threat, but how the fuck can you quantify either to say which is bigger?

Anyway, didn't Saint Clinton bomb Iraq?

DrMaddVibe
05-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Sk33t Sk33t!!!!!

diamondD
05-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Did they ever release a "final" death toll from Katrina? I know damn well it was higher than 2,700. Which is why they wouldn't release a number to the public, most likely.

Because then the BCE would have to admit that their own incompetence killed more people than Osama (allegedly) did on 9-11-01.

Since that's not what happened, there must not be a BSCE.

Katrina Death Toll in LA (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/05/20/katrina-death-toll-raised_n_21343.html)

Katrina Death Toll Raised By 281 To 1,577...
Associated Press | BRETT MARTEL | Posted May 20, 2006 11:19 AM

Louisiana raised its Hurricane Katrina death toll by 281 Friday to 1,577 after including more out-of-state evacuees whose deaths were deemed related to the storm or its grueling aftermath.

The Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals decided that if residents' deaths were hastened by the stress and trauma associated with relocating — or even an accidental injury during travel — those deaths should be counted in the toll.

;)

diamondD
05-22-2006, 06:13 PM
LA was the worst hit by far. No one else's number are anywhere near that.

ELVIS
05-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I know damn well it was higher than 2,700.

Did Mike Malloy tell you that ??

FORD
05-22-2006, 06:35 PM
That corporate media death toll doesn't account for the 6,500 people still missing. Like I said, they're suppressing the official death toll, just like they're doing in Iraq.

ELVIS
05-22-2006, 06:36 PM
Is there any truth anywhere, FORD ??

FORD
05-22-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Did Mike Malloy tell you that ??

No, the Associated Corporate Mediawhore Press did.

FORD
05-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Is there any truth anywhere, FORD ??

You tell me. Anybody you know still "missing" from Katrina?

ELVIS
05-22-2006, 06:39 PM
No...

ELVIS
05-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Former US vice-president Al Gore, who is at the Cannes Film Festival, has warned the world is facing a "planetary emergency" due to global warming. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4998856.stm)

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41667000/jpg/_41667632_goreafp_203.jpg

A documentary based on the politician's environmental campaigning is being screened at the festival.

Mr Gore said the world faced a stark choice between the end of civilisation and a future for its children.

He also said he was not considering running again for presidential office in 2008.

Mr Gore said global warming was a "challenge to our moral imagination to understand it and then to respond to it urgently".

I don't plan to be a candidate again for national office - there are other ways to serve

The documentary An Inconvenient Truth is based on lectures Al Gore has been delivering about environmental crisis for many years.

The film shows photographs of changes to glaciers around the world, with snow disappearing from the Alps, Antarctica and the South Pole.

"People have been moved by it," Mr Gore said. "People coming out feeling a sense of urgency."

He stressed the problem was moral, not political, and said he hoped the current US government would re-think its environmental strategy and sign up to the successor to the Kyoto treaty.

An Inconvenient Truth is screening at the festival out of competition
"I even believe that there is a chance that within the next two years even Bush and Cheney will be forced to change their position on this crisis," he said.

"One can only attempt to create one's own reality for so long. Reality proper has a way of insisting itself upon you.

"Mother nature has joined this debate with a very powerful and persistent voice."

But he said he was not thinking of running for president in two years.

"I don't plan to be a candidate again for national office," he said. "There are other ways to serve."

'Polluting interests'

He would not be drawn on his opinions of any potential presidential candidates, saying it was too early for such a discussion.

Mr Gore, who is donating his proceeds from the film towards a new environmental charity, said there were "some powerful polluting interests that have way too much influence in the American political system".

He said President George W Bush had missed an opportunity after 11 September terrorist attacks to declare that the US should be independent of oil and coal.

"Leadership can make a difference," he said. "What I can most valuably do is try to change the minds of the American people and elsewhere in the world about this planetary emergency."

:rolleyes:

FORD
05-22-2006, 06:44 PM
It's sad that President Gore isn't running for re-election, but I've heard the film is excellent. Even the trailers have recieved standing ovations in theaters.

DR CHIP
05-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Man Ford, I love your passion, but how can someone be so wrong and not know it?

This is not an insult attempt (I respect you as a person and fellow CVH lover), it just goes to prove their are people out there who find you so off the wall as you do others.....

Peace

FORD
05-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
Man Ford, I love your passion, but how can someone be so wrong and not know it?

This is not an insult attempt (I respect you as a person and fellow CVH lover), it just goes to prove their are people out there who find you so off the wall as you do others.....

Peace

Why do you assume I'm "wrong"??

Because to believe what I'm saying would challenge you to change your beliefs of the people you have unfortunately trusted to lead this country.

I may not have all the facts on exactly what took place on 9-11-01. I may never have all those facts, and you might not either. We still don't know the whole truth about the murder of JFK, or his brother, or Dr King, and these crimes took place 4 decades ago.

But when you look at all the lies of the BCE that have been exposed so far, from the WMD's in Iraq, to the Plamegate coverup, to the election fraud, to Bush claiming not to know either Jack Abramoff or Ken Lay, to the Jessica Lynch & Saddam Statue photo ops, and on and on and on......

Really, who's more likely to be telling you the truth. Me, and the millions of Americans who no longer buy this crap, or the Bush Criminal Empire??

Nitro Express
05-23-2006, 12:49 AM
Bill Clinton is daddy Bush's gay lover. Them two have fallen in love and go on all sorts of trips together. Their last love-in was at Tulane University.

ELVIS
05-23-2006, 12:49 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/images/2006/05/17/imageb087f73a-22dd-4b95-bf81-48fedbeb29a8.jpg

:elvis:

FORD
05-23-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Bill Clinton is daddy Bush's gay lover. Them two have fallen in love and go on all sorts of trips together. Their last love-in was at Tulane University.

Now if there was such a thing as a way to turn a gay man straight, that image would probably do it.

atomicpunk70
05-23-2006, 05:13 AM
I think it's fair to say...Clinton was the worst president ever to hold office.

binnie
05-23-2006, 08:02 AM
Bush is a bad president (from an outsiders viewpoint)

No doubt Clinton was a better politician, but he wasn't perfect

As far as I can see, you don't even have a left-wing in the US (I ain't saying thats a bad thing)

Isn't it just two sides of the same coin?

Ford, I respect your passion dude, but if your trying to win converts, is a DLR fansite really the best place to start, I think you would do really well on a more political forum

You are obviously passionate, but the governent isn't out to get you!