• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cwsmith17
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Important Correction: Van Halen

The name is Van Halen. Not: "Classic Van Halen" / "CVH"

Van Halen was a rock group that formed in 1974 in Pasadena, CA. The group rose to stardom in the 80's and disbanded in 1985. David Lee Roth went on to pursue a solo career; the other members continued on by hiring a new singer that attempted to imitate David Lee Roth. The members of this new band believed that if they kept the original name they would still be the original band. Objective truth clearly states that only the original can be an original. Therefore the original followed by an "original" is an imitation. However, the "new original" band believed that they were the original band and have managed to convince others through a cleverly devised scheme.
  • guwapo_rocker

Subliminal messages??

Nah, Van Hagar fans are just gay!

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Reason I call it CVH is because "Van Halen" is sadly a catchall term that includes Tubby and Ass Grabbers shit, too.

Pathetic that the distiction needs to be made, but then we have Ed and Al to thank for that.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Re: Important Correction: Van Halen

Originally posted by cwsmith17
        However, the "new original" band believed that they were the original band and have managed to convince others through a cleverly devised scheme.
        Who the Hell did they convince?

Certainly not I.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Terry
          Reason I call it CVH is because "Van Halen" is sadly a catchall term that includes Tubby and Ass Grabbers shit, too.

Pathetic that the distiction needs to be made, but then we have Ed and Al to thank for that.
          I'm with that!
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Polk High
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

who cares what evh does anymore
            We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

Working...