PDA

View Full Version : PLAGIARISM !!!!!!!!!!!

doctor roth
05-29-2006, 12:13 PM
It would seem the red hot chili peppers have been caught red handed, pun intended !

http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=17507

Check out the ridiculous simmilarity....................

DeadOrAlive
05-29-2006, 03:19 PM
It's sad that they suck so much now. They can't even write their own hits...

FORD
05-29-2006, 05:53 PM
There are similarities, but don't expect Tom Petty to make a federal case out of it.

After all, Tom didn't sue Van Hagar when they blatantly ripped off the chorus of "I Won't Back Down" for their "Standing On Top Of The World" song or whatever the F.U.C.K. it was called.

ashstralia
06-02-2006, 07:35 AM
how many bands have ripped off the chili peppers?

fucking plenty.

i don't think anyone's losing any sleep.

doctor roth
06-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Im assuming you have all downloaded the MP3 ????

EAT MY ASSHOLE
06-02-2006, 01:08 PM
It happens. You write enouigh songs, and I guarantee one is going to evoke someone elses.

Look at the Stones "Anybody Seen My Baby?". Apparently Mick had written the the bulk of the song, adn the band recorded it, it was fully produced, the album was pressed and set for release, the band and label agreed that it should be the lead single, the video shot and it wasn't until a friend of Keith Richards' daughter started singing KD Lang's "Constant Craving" over the chorus (Keith was playing it at home weeks before the albums release and was apparently making a sandwich at the time) that anyone noticed the similarity, resulting in the band giving Lang a writing credit as it was too late to do anything else.

So how many people - IN THE INDUSTRY - did that go through? the band, the producers, the studio help, back-up musicians, the management, the label, the video team, etc.

It happens. They'll probably quietly throw Tom some money and it'll all be resolved. Period.

FORD
06-02-2006, 01:14 PM
It is kinda weird that KD Lang has the same number of Stones writing credits as Mick Taylor when you think about it.....

Golden AWe
06-02-2006, 01:52 PM
How about Jason Becker ripping off Hot for teacher on IT'S SHOWTIME :)

EAT MY ASSHOLE
06-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by FORD
It is kinda weird that KD Lang has the same number of Stones writing credits as Mick Taylor when you think about it.....

Oh, that's just creepy. The poor guy.

(what are some other tunes aside from Time waits For No One did he believe he was due credit for? I believe Moonlight Mile was one of them, probably Heartbreaker too...)

EAT MY ASSHOLE
06-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Just about everything on It's Only Rock 'n' Roll, apparently.

(aside from Ain't Too Proud to Beg, natch)

FORD
06-03-2006, 03:41 PM
How about "Can't ya Hear Me Knockin"?

The second half of that song wouldn't exist without Mick Taylor.

And Keith didn't play a note on "Sway" or "Moonlight Mile".

Of course "Time Waits for No One" is the one that broke up the band, supposedly.....with Mick T. obvioiusly not happy with the Glimmer Twins pulling down the faders in the middle of his solo.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
06-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Keith has said that he wrote the riff for Moonlight Mile, he just wasn't around for the take that wound up on the record.

(I translate that to mean Taylor was able to play it much more fluidly and cleaner)

Still, that riff sounds like something Taylor was more apt to come up with than Keith.

As for Sway, that seems like a Jagger composition. Very basic in both chord progression and rhythm, just like a budding, novice guitarist would come up with.

BTW, Keith does contribute backing vocals to Sway, and they MAKE the tune.

ThrillsNSpills
06-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Let's Get

to the point

Let's roll

Another narwoshhhhhhhh

(nobody will rip off narwoshhhhhh):)

ThrillsNSpills
06-04-2006, 10:56 AM
But seriously.

Mick Taylor should have songwriting credit on every Stones tune that he solo'd on.

He was the King of making you feel every damn note he played and even though putting licks on a song doesn't constitute a song credit it can certainly be argued that his contributions on Time Waits for No One, Can't you Hear me Knockin, etc. add much more than just icing on the cake, so to speak.

So, how long was the original Time waits for no one solo ?

FORD
06-06-2006, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills

So, how long was the original Time waits for no one solo ?

Not sure.... it's one of the few legendary relics in Stones history which has never surfaced on a bootleg, so maybe it was actually the master recording that Mick & Keith - most likely Keith - cut off in the studio.

Though there are numerous outtakes of other songs from the Taylor era that showcase his part in the creation of the songs, which were somehow stripped away from the final mix of the album.

Nobody can deny what Mick Taylor brought to the Stones as a live band, but apparently Keith wanted to be THE alpha male on the records. Except for when he didn't show up, like the previously mentioned tracks from "Sticky Fingers".

MAX
06-06-2006, 03:07 AM
Fuuuuuuuuuck, another dumb case IMO. This is similar to George Harrison "My Sweet Lord" and "Please Mr. Postman." There's only so much peeps can write within Rock and Roll. I happen to dig "Dani California" and never even thunk about Petty until reading this. Similarities? Sure but a blatent attempt of plagiarism? Definitely not.