PDA

View Full Version : Ga y Cheronee Splits his melon ..

Diamondjimi
05-29-2006, 02:14 PM
Saw this Blabbermouth.net

GARY CHERONE Dives Into MIKE PORTNOY's Drum Kit: Video Available - May 29, 2006

A video clip of DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy and guitarist Paul Gilbert (MR. BIG, RACER X) destroying their instruments at the conclusion of the debut performance by their THE WHO tribute band AMAZING JOURNEY — also featuring Billy Sheehan (MR. BIG, DAVID LEE ROTH, TALAS) and Gary Cherone (VAN HALEN, EXTREME) — at The Center Theater Stage in Whittier, California Saturday night (May 27)
has been posted online at this location . http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4858277148399178447&q=paul+gilbert

The clip also includes Cherone's already-legendary full-body dive into Portnoy's obliterated custom-made drum set, which resulted in Gary busting the back of his head open and bleeding all over the drums.

CalProg security manager Gruno had previously stated about the incident: "Gary flipped over the drums and his back landed on a mic stand and one of the bass drums. The back of his head landed flat against the back of the toms. He was knocked out briefly (maybe three seconds max) as I was on stage left and he had this bewildered look when he came to. He sat motionless for another few seconds. After they exited the stage, I had to get Portnoy's stick bag for him and there was blood all over the drums. He was okay with some ice and towels in the dressing room."

Looks like a killer Who tribute (sans Cheronee)
Smooth move X-lax
Maybe next time he'll find a bus to dive under ........

FORD
05-29-2006, 02:45 PM
It was a good dive actually.... must be all those ballerina moves he did on the VDIII tour.

Aim for the gong next time Gary! Less things to cut up your scalp that way, and it would make a much better sound if miked properly :D

sadaist
05-29-2006, 03:31 PM
Nice

sadaist
05-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Heehee. I also heard he thwacked himself in the head swinging the mike around during a VH show. LOL. I said thwacked.

binnie
05-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Ha Ha!

Stick to "more than words" pussy!

Fuckin' lamo.

See gilbert smashing the guitar onto a board rather than the stage?

that was some of the most reluctant instrument destruction ever!

diamondsgirl
05-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Thats gotta hurt!

binnie
05-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Thats gotta hurt!

Hope so!

Gary Cherone
05-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Damnit they promised they wouldn't post that!

Bet it was the Nuno trying to undermine my greatness again!