I have gif files way too big to use as avatar. Anyone know what to do?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fenway5150
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2004

I have gif files way too big to use as avatar. Anyone know what to do?

I put together 3 second clips of DLR in various videos and wanted to use them as avatars here but the files are way too big and they won't work. Anyone know how I can maybe shrink the file or maybe I need to use different software. I am using an avi to gif converter right now and the file size is so much bigger than the avatars I see here.
    "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
    - DLR, 2004
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Has anyone helped you with this?
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• fenway5150
      Head Fluffer
      • Feb 2004

Not yet man. You know of a simple way to shrink these files or is it a complicated deal? If anyone knows, it must be The Lizard King.....after all, you can do anything!
      "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
      - DLR, 2004

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

It depends what program you have at home...

I've used photoshop, which compresses quite nicely...

and Macromedia Fireworks as well...

If you don't have either of those...you could always have someone else make it for you...

or there may be some other freeware you can nab...although I'm not much into graphics to find out...

maybe someone else here does...

those files to tend to be large...it's just a matter of finding the righ person...or program...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• MAX
          Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

If I may?

Talk to flappo cos he's a genius with that stuff and has helped me a 1000 times over.
          EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Use imageready... you can use the animation/tween features to make cool stuff.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: I have gif files way too big to use as avatar. Anyone know what to do?

I have the same problem with my coch.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Or you could download GIMP here: http://www.gimp.org/

Use the "scale" feature to compress your pic down to 100x100pixels...

Comment

Working...