X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SNIPER
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

VH3 makes my head hurt!

I must say I did buy this CD the day it came out and I thought it really blew at the time was just glad Spam was gone. Now that I just put it in my ipod I found if I can get past the voice part of it the music and guitar work are by far the best since 1984... But god damn its hard to get past that fucking voice!!! hurts my fucking head!! Dave would have kicked ass on these tunes!!
  • jcook11
    Commando
    • Sep 2004

"From afar" is the only one I like....reminds me of CVH...I mean the guitar work

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

I gave my copy a listen to 3 times. Some albums don't sound great at first, but the more you listen to them, the better they get. Not the case here. I took it back to Tower Records and said it was scratched. They replaced it with a brand new copy. I then took the unopened copy to another Tower Records with my receipt and got my money back.

Ed said on a rockline intreview with VH3 that Gary wrote the words, then he wrote music around them. Totally backwards from the way it is typically done. Maybe that also attributed to the awful sound. But Eddie swore it had Elephant Balls From Hell. Who knew evil elephants had such tiny balls.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Toughest thing about that album was the production: it just didn't sound good.

Van Hagar albums were hit or miss in terms of the tonal clarity (5150 was just muddy - OU812 was fairly crisp - FUCK was kinda halfway between the two - Balance was crisp). Am not talking about the songs themselves here, but just how the album sounded.

Van Halen 3 periodically sounded like a demo tape at times, and not even a good one at that. Considering the time that went into that thing (roughly a year and a half from when Cherone was officially announced as singer to release), for it to sound so poorly is just inexcusable. The DLR Band album sounded pretty rough as well, but that album was recorded and produced fairly quickly, and not for a major label, either.

If I were a WB exec, I would've nixed releasing Van Halen 3 on sound quality alone.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Terry
          Toughest thing about that album was the production: it just didn't sound good.

That's what you get when you hire a TV theme song guy (Mike Post) to produce your album.
          Originally posted by perilouspete
          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Loons The Great

This is song 2 on the album....BURN THE ALBUM!!

Comment

• shaggydoo
              Head Fluffer
              • Feb 2005

Never fear, Doctor Shaggydoo is here!

And what appears to be your complaint?

Originally posted by SNIPER
              VH3 makes my head hurt!
              Well, well, well... I can see exactly what the problem is...

You've been listening to it, haven't you?

Stop it at once! Your complaint will disappear immediately.

That'll be $50 thankyou, pay the scantily clad nurse at the exit.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

It is just totaly forgetable........
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...