PDA

View Full Version : WOOT! Rob Halford To Release Fight: War Of Words DVD Next Year!!

Hardrock69
06-02-2006, 10:24 PM
UDAS PRIEST Frontman HALFORD Creates New Company To Produce And License Future Solo Releases - June 1, 2006
Heavy Metal superstar Rob Halford has purchased his groundbreaking, critically acclaimed HALFORD catalog from Sanctuary Records U.K. The three albums under the band name HALFORD include "Resurrection" (2000), the two-CD concert recording "Live Insurrection" (2001) and "Crucible" (2002).

The HALFORD titles were acquired January 2006, and they will be the first music releases to possess The Metal God's new corporate imprint: Metal God Entertainment (MGE) an entity which will act as exclusive production company and label for Rob's future solo music and film releases. Under new licenses, much of Rob's existing and new titles will release through global-label partners whom have worked previously with The Metal God. Additional details available late summer 2006.

The Roy Z.-produced HALFORD titles "Resurrection" (2000) and "Live Insurrection" (2001) have been re-mastered. Roy and John Baxter (Rob Halford's manager/executive producer) recruited Danish producer/mixer Tue Madsen to remix and master one of Rob Halford's finest releases, "Crucible" (2002). Additional details available late summer 2006.

In 2007, Metal God Entertainment (MGE) will release FIGHT's "War Of Words - The Film". Recorded throughout 1992 and 1993, this 5.1 surround-sound film presents a view of Rob Halford as he makes his decision to leave heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST, record and tour with his first solo band, FIGHT. The band's original audio-demonstration recordings (1992) will appear on a separate FIGHT soundtrack release. Promotional trailer available at: www.RobHalford.com/trailers. Also in 2007, Metal God Entertainment (MGE) will release HALFORD's "Live at Rock In Rio 2001". The formation of Rob Halford's new heavy metal band (HALFORD) is chronicled from studio to road in 5.1 surround sound. After releasing "Resurrection" (2000), HALFORD screams through a 95-city, world-wide concert tour. The band's final-tour performance at Brazil's Rock in Rio III (2001) festival in front of more than a quarter-million metal fans presents an up-close view of one of metal's hardest working and innovative bands. The film's audio-only soundtrack release, HALFORD – "Live at Rock In Rio III" — has been produced by Roy Z. Promotional trailer is available at: www.RobHalford.com/trailers.

The anticipated HALFORD studio album "Halford IV" is being rescheduled as Rob is in studio with JUDAS PRIEST collaborating on their 2007 release and subsequent tour. Additional "Halford IV" details will be available summer 2008.

ELVIS
06-02-2006, 10:30 PM
War Of Words - The Film might be good...

Panamark
06-02-2006, 10:31 PM
I just want to know when Priest are gonna tour Australia !!
Heard anything about that HR69 ??

binnie
06-03-2006, 04:33 AM
That should be a good DVD

Mr Badguy
06-03-2006, 07:59 AM
I wonder if the DVD will be warts-and-all?

There was alot of animosity between Halford and Priest at that time.

You gotta wonder if there is any of that feeling in the film then it won`t open a can of worms in the current Priest camp.

binnie
06-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
I wonder if the DVD will be warts-and-all?

There was alot of animosity between Halford and Priest at that time.

You gotta wonder if there is any of that feeling in the film then it won`t open a can of worms in the current Priest camp.

That's a good point, but I think Priest are making too much money to worry about that at the mo'

Mr Badguy
06-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by binnie
That's a good point, but I think Priest are making too much money to worry about that at the mo'

I dunno.

Even just before he rejoined KK was adamant he should never sing with Priest again.

That was why it was such a surprise when he did rejoin.

It wouldn`t be a total disaster if they did split because Halford (the band) were excellent and I wouldn`t mind seeing THEM reunite.