X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_KiD
    Commando
    • Jun 2005

Line 6 Amps?

I was at Guitar Center yesterday eyeing amps and played around with a Line 6 amp which has 7 effects and sounded pretty good for $299... This is really just for me playing at home..Are these pretty good or could I do better for the same amount of money?

Here is what I was looking at..

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

KiD
  • The_KiD
    Commando
    • Jun 2005

Anyone???????

Comment

• Last_Child
      Commando
      • Oct 2004

I have one, and I love it.

I love fucking around with the Reverb and make up good sounding licks, it's great!
      "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

Re: Line 6 Amps?

Originally posted by The_KiD
        I was at Guitar Center yesterday eyeing amps and played around with a Line 6 amp which has 7 effects and sounded pretty good for $299... This is really just for me playing at home..Are these pretty good or could I do better for the same amount of money?

Here is what I was looking at..

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

KiD
        Had mine for over a year and am STILL finding neat sounds. The delays are wicked. Same with the reverb. It packs a good punch for the size and price.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

best suited for humbuckers though. I played my Eddie knockoff through it and you really need to "find" the sound you want. I hook up the les paul and the sound finds you!
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• The_KiD
            Commando
            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Big Troubles
            best suited for humbuckers though. I played my Eddie knockoff through it and you really need to "find" the sound you want. I hook up the les paul and the sound finds you!
            I have a Highway One Stratocastor... I was playing Strat at the store and it sounded pretty good....Hmmm

KiD

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by The_KiD
              I have a Highway One Stratocastor... I was playing Strat at the store and it sounded pretty good....Hmmm

KiD
              I have a single coil Kramer body/ Fender neck Eddie knock-off and I could NEVER get a good sound out of it. I think BS1 gave me some pointers about the pick up- but I also read on the site (musicians friend) that someone else had trouble getting a nice tone using the single coil set up. I have a Kramer Vanguard with quad rails and that sounds pretty sweet. ( a little too sweet actually ) So I dunno.

In case anyone cares, I use the crunch setting with a little reverb. I have (right now) a MT Zone distortion pedal, that I sometimes use with low distortion, an original mxr phase shifter and a flanger channeled thru. I also have a wah hooked up for when Im feeling funky. On the Line 6 I use ZERO mid range, about 8 for Bass and 6 or 7 for treble. The drive is at 12 O'clock and the channel volume is set for 3...

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

good reviews. check the third one. I believe this is where I read about the single coil vs humbucker on the line 6.

Comment

• The_KiD
                  Commando
                  • Jun 2005

I went to Guitar Center today and played a Standard Strat through it.. It was great...I am purchasing it this week...

KiD

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2004

Line 6 suprisingly makes some excellent products at a rather low cost. The amp you are looking at is a real good one, You can get ALOT out of it. I went from Punk to Death Metal to Country by just moving around the tone and effects knobs. It's worth the money, enjoy.

Comment

• The_KiD
                      Commando
                      • Jun 2005

I am very excited about it.. For the money and what I use it for, it really seems like the best fit for me...

I mean it will be in my media room in our basement.. Never on a stage or anything like that...

Now I just need a Les Paul with Humbuckers to plug into it..

Thanks for all the advice..

KiD

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

My Wolfgang guitar is very amp picky. It either sounds amazing or like tottal shit. I have to tottal EQ my amps different for a Les Paul but if my Wolfang is happy my Strat always sounds good. the Wolfgang in a way reminds me of a Telecaster with a lot of balls. Those EVH custom pickups behave more like a single coil than a traditional humbucker. They can get real twangy with the wrong settings or amp. When tweaked you get the balls. Funny, they are still good for the classic Roth era songs but can crank out Judgement Dav or Me Wise Magic if you want.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

I have heard nothing but grate stuff about Line6.

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Line 6's are great for the at home sessions but ...

Once you get on a stage the 6's "line frequency" goes to shit ...

Meaning the guy in the back won't be able to hear you as well ... even if your at 11! ...
                            Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

That is why you need 3 Marshall 100w Super Lead stacks.

Oh and a large PA system.

Comment

Working...