PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Sister Live 5/6/06 Glasgow

Mr Badguy
06-05-2006, 08:41 PM
This was a great night out.

The support band was Hanoi Rocks, who were pretty good apart from having a shit sound.

You would think Michael Monroe had time travelled from the 80`s with his big feathered hair and rock star demenour if it wasn`t for the fact that he`s starting to look like a leathered old bastard.

A few songs from their new "Another hostile takeover" album and the usual classics like "Tradgedy", "Don`t you ever leave me" and "Up around the bend".

I thought they got away with a lot of stuff you never see support bands do, Monroe climbed both PA stacks and jumped into the security pit to get right up to the crowd although they didin`t have any spotlights.

But how often do you get to see a Saxophone solo at a rock gig?

Twisted Sister`s sound was crystal clear and the band were amazing, not at all looking like the doing-it-for-the-money mercenaries that they have been accused of being, hell, they even looked like they were enjoying it.

Biggest cheer of the night was the announcement that no, they hadn`t cancelled their gigs later in the month because of poor ticket sales, but that they have signed a record contract and have to start work on a new TS album to get it out for before Christmas. (However, the balcony section was curtained off so it was clear that although it was a respectable turnout, you could have got a lot more punters in there)

Here is the set (some songs may be out of order)

WHAT YOU DON`T KNOW (SURE CAN HURT YOU)
THE KIDS ARE BACK
YOU CAN`T STOP ROCK N ROLL
CAPTAIN HOWDY
STAY HUNGRY
THE FIRE STILL BURNS
THE PRICE
BURN IN HELL
WE`RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT
SHOOT `EM DOWN
I WANNA ROCK
IT`S ONLY ROCK N ROLL

UNDER THE BLADE
I AM, I`M ME

It was a great gig marred only by the fact that I was stripped to the waist, headbanging away down the front, and some cunt with a pink T shirt appeared from nowhere and put his arm around my naked torso and started jumping about next to me.

Did I not like that?

Dicker!

Seshmeister
06-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
This was a great night out.

The support band was Hanoi Rocks, who were pretty good apart from having a shit sound.

Fucking Hell!

That's twice now that Hanoi Rocks have played Glasgow in the last couple of years and both times I found out about it the day after.

The SM is going to go crazy!

Could you let me know next time?:)

I was in Manchester last night at a pretty poor Queensryche gig.

Tate seemed to be pissed off about something and never said a single word to the audience and did no encores.

After 10 hours of travelling I'm pretty fucking pissed off with him.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Mr Badguy
06-06-2006, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Fucking Hell!

That's twice now that Hanoi Rocks have played Glasgow in the last couple of years and both times I found out about it the day after.

The SM is going to go crazy!

Could you let me know next time?:)

My wife asked me on Sunday night who the support were and when I told her it was Hanoi Rocks she hit the roof.

She was a pretty big fan back in the day but she doesn`t like TS so I never mentioned it.

She`s been calling me a "fucking arsehole" ever since.

:D

Shaun Ponsonby
06-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Ah, they're playing Manchester tonight, but I can't go cos I've got an exam tomorrow.

Sounds good, though.

Mr Badguy
06-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Ah, they're playing Manchester tonight, but I can't go cos I've got an exam tomorrow.

Sounds good, though.

Well, they said they ain`t coming back so it could be your last chance.

Seshmeister
06-06-2006, 10:26 AM
[BShe`s been calling me a "fucking arsehole" ever since.

:D [/B]

LOL!

Actually mine quite likes TS too.

Maybe I should just not say anything...:)

Shaun Ponsonby
06-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Well, they said they ain`t coming back so it could be your last chance.

I know.

Ah, well, at least I saw them with Coop.

Vinnie Velvet
06-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Great to see TS still kicking ass!

binnie
06-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Cool!

Sounds like a great gig!