PDA

View Full Version : The Gripes of Roth

Big Troubles
04-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Not sure if this was printed already or not. If not, enjoy. If it was sorry.
And if it was, and the Mods are pissed. Fuck off. :D

excerpt: Roth's requested drink arrives and I begin by asking him how his gig at the House Of Blues on New Year's Eve went. "James", he says, "I am New Year's Eve. What we sell here are big, fat, Technicolor smiles that go with just about any major holiday and some of the intermittent. People ask, 'Dave, what's the chemistry with the audience? Why so many girls?' Well, I'm certainly old enough to think it's because I'm so handsome...but I'm also old enough to know better. What it is," he continues, "is this: after 2 or 3 of those songs-especially if it's classic Van Halen or 'California Girls'-you feel like squeezin' someone. Probably not me, but definitely someone. And that's what makes what I do permanent. We will be here ten summers on, because that feeling, that impulse, is forever!"

the rest : http://www.vhnd.com/articles/040413-02.shtml

Big Troubles
04-19-2004, 03:08 PM
"The fact that I'm still here, 25 summers later, making seven figures American, is testament to just how much this whole tribal ritual still has value. To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding?"

amen Dave. A-fucking-Men!

thefive
04-19-2004, 03:18 PM
I think I read this one before but I want to read this again. I will get back to you on this one Big Troubles. Yeah Dave is a character.

thefive

Big Troubles
04-19-2004, 04:44 PM
yeah i realised near the end of interview that it was old. my bad. good read though