PDA

View Full Version : Van Hagar is Spinal Tap without the humor

secrets
04-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Is it just me or is Van Hagar becoming more like Spinal Tap but without the humor? Tap couldn't keep a drummer in the band likewise VH can't make up their mind who they want to be the lead singer.
Perhaps they could bring back the dwarves as well and do a cover of 'Stonehenge'.
:D

Bill Lumbergh
04-19-2004, 03:14 PM
I have more respect for Spinal Tap than I do for Van Hagar. Much better music, and they KNOW they're a joke!

secrets
04-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Couldn't agree more. I love Spinal Tap! Van Hagar so reminds me of the scene where Tap (minus Nigel Tufnel) resort to playing in an amusement park and end up sharing the stage with a puppet show. I mean how desperate can you be? What an embarressment!

DLR_EngineRoom
04-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
I have more respect for Spinal Tap than I do for Van Hagar. Much better music, and they KNOW they're a joke!

The state of affairs could NOT be stated so well as good ol' Big Bad Bill himself.....well done pal!

secrets
04-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Hilarious pics.
I still say Van Hagar is like Spinal tap but with no sense of humor. Sam Hagar is Genine the bitch who's fucking it all up, Dave is Nigel the guy they kicked out who wrote all the best songs so now all they have left is pure shit and plenty of time on their hands to get involved with outside projects.
Like Nigel only Dave can save this band from further embarrassement and humiliation.

GAR
04-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Sammy Hagar is like, the dogg's eggs but without the dog what laid 'em in the grass thereupon

Wayne L.
04-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Spinal Tap is one of my favorite movies of all time because it's more factual than you think on the rock scene about rock bands like Black Sabbath & Van Halen being a dedicated rock fan like myself except with cutting edge humor which is why it's a classic. I think Van Halen with Sammy Hagar is just as great as the VH/DLR era except WITHOUT being more influential because it's commercialized hard rock with an edge for a mainstream audience while Sammy isn't Dave when it comes to his personality & humor.

rustoffa
04-19-2004, 10:03 PM
They just redid it. "A mighty wind" (breaking).