ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Jon Stewart vs Bill "The Gambler" Bennett on gay marriage

Watch the video

here
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Cheers for sharing that, funny and thought provoking.

Wish we had shows like that here....
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

I am pro Gay marriage, always have been.

however, when people start talking about "natural human condition", I start to worry.

It should be allowed because two consenting adults of sound mind want to do it and are not hamring anyone by doing so.

It has nothing to do with whether you deem it "natural" or not, because that is a problematic term.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Guitar Shark
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

FORD is seriously obsessed with this topic lately. I wonder why.
        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• jcook11
          Commando
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
          H's using that bathtub meth he has been making again

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Maybe I should ask why you're obsessed with me posting threads on the subject?

Seriously though, the mere idea of changing the constitution to discriminate against ANYONE is completely ridiculous, and as Jon Stewart so easily demonstrates here, the right wing nutcases can't even sustain their own ridiculous arguments when challenged.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Guitar Shark
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Why is it ok for you to suggest in one thread that Bush is gay or bi, and then object to "bigotry" here?
              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Why is it ok for you to suggest in one thread that Bush is gay or bi, and then object to "bigotry" here?
                Because Chimpy is a hypocrite, being a closet case and then pushing to damage the Constitution in order to discriminate against gays.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

I see, so you get to be a hypocrite because Chimpy is one. Works for me.
                  ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There is a difference. For example, Mary Cheney's sexual orientation isn't an issue, because she doesn't support the bullshit ammendment, nor do her parents.

Newt Gingrich is heterosexual, as far as I know, but since his track record of ending marriages under the worst circumatances is a matter of public knowledge, then it's fair to compare that to his sister Candace's right to get married.

So there's no hypocrisy on my part.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Whatever you say, big guy.

And I mean that in a totally nonsexual way.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
                      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

FORD, to me this is almost a non-issue. It's obviously clear that this is just another way to pander to the religious right to try and garner votes for the mid-term election. They know it will never pass...

Don't conservatives get their panties all in a bunch when the ACLU launches 'frivolous lawsuits'? This, to me, is 'frivolous legislation'...

(oh my god, I posted in the Frontline!)
                        Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

PS, Jon Stewart handed Bill Bennett his ASS last night...
                          Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• jcook11
                            Commando
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            Because Chimpy is a hypocrite, being a closet case and then pushing to damage the Constitution in order to discriminate against gays.
                            You of all people calling someone else a hypocrite
                            HA!HA!

Comment

• knuckleboner
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

not bad, though steward didn't handle the polygamy thing as well as could be.

there is a definite, valid reason for treating same sex marriage different than a polygamist marriage, despite the fact that both "marriages" involve consenting adults:

marriage is currently a contract between 2 people bestowing certain rights and obligations upon them. that's it. (any religious connotations are add-ons for each religion, but whatever they do has no bearing on the legal requirements of a marriage.)

whether the 2 participants in a marriage are opposite or same sex, makes no difference, legally. the rights and obligations of the marriage participants remains the same.

but in a polygamist marriage, that would have to change. there is no judicial precedent in how to divide assets in a polygamist divorce, or dividing an estate.

yes, we could establish new laws and concepts, but THAT would mean redefining the concept of marriage. because legally, marriage is a contract between 2 people. period.

Comment

Working...