X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJMcClure
    Groupie
    • Apr 2005

Say what ya like about Jump, but..

I was out last night at my local bar enjoyin a few beers for my birthday. The bar's a bit tight only holds about 50 or 60 people but the atmosphere is pretty cool. The music played in the place is a little bit of everything from NWA to The Undertones. Basically if it sounds good they'll play it. The DJ does a "you say we play" set so I wrote down Van Halen's Jump and gave it to the barmaid. I'd forgot all about it until an hour later when they played it.

I gotta tell ya the crowd fuckin loved it. That song got the best reaction of any of the songs played that night.
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

happy birthday mate!

crank up unchained now.

Comment

• JJMcClure
      Groupie
      • Apr 2005

Consider it cranked.

Comment

• Dan
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Jump is a Great song.I go nuts when I play it in the car.
        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• JJMcClure
          Groupie
          • Apr 2005

Yeah but I think it gets too much of a bad press. A lot of people would have just seen it as a cheesy 80s synth tune. I think it's gone through a bit of a renaissance lately though. The keyboards don't sound dated IMO, EVH's guitar solo is superb (as always) and Dave was hitting top form vocally. Guaranteed to get the crowd goin' even when he put the bluegrass spin on it.

Comment

• DLRISVH7884
            Head Fluffer
            • Apr 2006

I love the song "Jump", and also loved the music Video, but lots of people hate it because how mainstream/"too cheesey 80's" the song was and ranked it up to another horriable 80's song.

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

^^^^^^

when you see the 'panama' and 'hot for teacher' vid's, it all makes sense...

i was like, 15 or 16 at the time. =VH= and ZZ had the best vids!!!

Comment

• DLRISVH7884
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2006

CVH videos wore defiantly fun, they still are! I got all the CVH videos and most of Dave Solo music video on VHS, I'm hoping to transfer them to DVD soon.

Comment

Working...