PDA

View Full Version : i hung with DAVID LEE ROTH last night in NYC

joe van halen
04-20-2004, 02:17 PM
ok so i wont give away the place but i hung out with the master and commander last night. he is absolutely the coolest fucking guy in the world and is currently learing guitar. the guys so nice and totally not a dick i couldn't have been more comfortable talking to him about everything under the sun. like talking with your uncle (just an uncle who recorded some of the greatest rock songs on earth). anyway, just to let all know, dave is just like he is on the radio or live, a ball of energy and laughter and tons of non sequiturs. we spoke about halen (duh) and music and dancing and drums etc...i will post a pic later

joe

Calderone
04-20-2004, 02:48 PM
post it !

Big Troubles
04-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Let's see. Us Army vets are a little skeptical of anyone who says they've met our leader. :D

Lou
04-20-2004, 03:40 PM
Gotta love the first-time posters :)

BrownSound1
04-20-2004, 03:48 PM
There are several here who have met or hung with the Diamond One, and I'm glad I'm one of them. :D

tjvhou812
04-20-2004, 04:06 PM
this guys probaly cut and paisting a pic w/him dlr together

Panamark
04-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Congrats Joe.

I thought Dave could play guitar already ?

PHOENIX
04-20-2004, 06:46 PM
He had trouble posting his pic so i did it for him.:D

Big Troubles
04-20-2004, 06:50 PM
LOL yeah thats pretty much what I'd figure it to be. :D

Ooh, I met him too. Actualy, he's in my house whipping up a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I have to go. He wants me to run his bath water. He's spending the night on the couch. Then he's flying from my front lawn over to the Fives house. :D

GAR
04-20-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Congrats Joe.

I thought Dave could play guitar already ?

He takes lessons from lots of people on lots of subjects.

For example, a personal intercourse tutor might edumacate on techniques one already knows, but a quick review of current methodology is always worth going over IMO.

Practice, practice, practice...

thefive
04-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
LOL yeah thats pretty much what I'd figure it to be. :D

Ooh, I met him too. Actualy, he's in my house whipping up a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I have to go. He wants me to run his bath water. He's spending the night on the couch. Then he's flying from my front lawn over to the Fives house. :D

No it wasn't Monday its Wednesday:D

DLR_EngineRoom
04-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Congrats Joe. I thought Dave could play guitar already ?

Um...kinda stating the obvious but....wasn't it DAVE that performed the original ICE CREAM MAN (playing the acoustic guitar) AND ON EVERY LIVE PERFORMANCE OF THAT SONG SINCE???

I kinda-sorta agree with Panamark....

PHOENIX
04-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Dave was taking lessons from Bart Walsh at first. Obviously he's taking lead guitar lessons. He pretty much knows his way around an acoustic.

King Top Jimmy
04-20-2004, 07:59 PM
I've never posted before. I've only followed along, had a few laughs, enjoyed the DLR content....

But, I break my silence today for one reason....

To say that "Joe Van Halen" is a total f----g idiot.

I am convinced that "Joe Van Halen" is actually Waldo from the HFT video and he is providing bad info. due to his pent up angst.

I have one thing to say to you....

"Sit down, Waldo."

PHOENIX
04-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by King Top Jimmy
I've never posted before. I've only followed along, had a few laughs, enjoyed the DLR content....

But, I break my silence today for one reason....

To say that "Joe Van Halen" is a total f----g idiot.

I am convinced that "Joe Van Halen" is actually Waldo from the HFT video and he is providing bad info. due to his pent up angst.

I have one thing to say to you....

"Sit down, Waldo."

Dude stop lurking and join the insanity.:D

rustoffa
04-20-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
He had trouble posting his pic so i did it for him.:D

Sonofabitch.....wonder if that's a fitted cap?

thefive
04-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by joe van halen
ok so i wont give away the place but i hung out with the master and commander last night. he is absolutely the coolest fucking guy in the world and is currently learing guitar. the guys so nice and totally not a dick i couldn't have been more comfortable talking to him about everything under the sun. like talking with your uncle (just an uncle who recorded some of the greatest rock songs on earth). anyway, just to let all know, dave is just like he is on the radio or live, a ball of energy and laughter and tons of non sequiturs. we spoke about halen (duh) and music and dancing and drums etc...i will post a pic later

joe

You sure it wasn't this guy????:D

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=62504

rustoffa
04-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by thefive

That fella in the background looks up to no good......

hotdog@ a shake
04-21-2004, 01:46 AM
anyone sure it isn't edward Van halen incognito?

Golden AWe
04-21-2004, 07:48 AM
I'll take these Joe Van Halen-kinda posts over Links-SPAM any day...

tjvhou812
04-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by joe van halen

joe

yea and i was w/eddie yesterday having some beers and watching the red sox

Golden AWe
04-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
yea and i was w/eddie yesterday having some beers and watching the red sox

are you the one that gives good head?

tjvhou812
04-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
are you the one that gives good head?

no that was your mom.. she must have limped home after that

BITEYOASS
04-22-2004, 10:29 PM
right on joe Van Halen. Welcome to the Army, and if you find any of Spammy's sheep around here, then gimmie a hollar! ;)

GAR
04-22-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by thefive

See how a combination of muscle relaxants and the excesses of Alcoholalia, with a smidgeon of cocaine addiction sprinkled on top for a good luck charm help to aid in causing your pancreas to fail?

I don't know HOW Sammy will sing thru Dialysis treatments.
I don't know HOW Sammy will sing "Respect the Wind" from 'Twister' soundtrack...

http://www.trossachsh3.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/photogal/cocktail2002/Who_Farted.jpg