X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DR CHIP
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2004

Let's not BS ourselves folks....

Go onto youtube.com and find the recent Ed/Chesney performance of Jump and be honest.....

Dave is FAR better off w/out Ed and Alex....Ed just SUCKS ASS...

He looks so bad dancing around on stage, he can't play anymore, and it is just embarrasing as hell to me to watch him now....

Hey, I love VH as much as anybody else, but facts are facts and truth is truth....

VH is a memory and a good one at that....a VH reunion would forever go down in flames....

You can BS yourself and believe a reunited VH would rock, but folks I am calling it for what it is....Ed SUCKS ASS.....
  • The_KiD
    Commando
    • Jun 2005

I do believe Ed's hay day has long passed... But hey, what do us fans know..

KiD

Comment

• MUSICMANN
      Sniper
      • Apr 2004

Hey, let no one here kid themselves, If the boys ever reunited, the show wouldn't be anything like they were in their prime. These guys, and i mean dave to, is not even middle aged rockers, their passed that, they are all in their 50's.

Comment

• The_KiD
        Commando
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
        Hey, let no one here kid themselves, If the boys ever reunited, the show wouldn't be anything like they were in their prime. These guys, and i mean dave to, is not even middle aged rockers, their passed that, they are all in their 50's.

Yep.. As Dave said, "if they wait much longer, they will be using walkers and wheel chairs"

KiD

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It's such a damn shame that Eddie fell for Danniels' horseshit back in 1996. He played like a madman on the VDIII tour, and probably would have turned out a great album if Dave had been there putting the songs together.

Granted, Ed took some hits in his personal life after that tour. Some he may well have deserved, like the divorce, others, like the cancer I wouldn't wish on anybody.

But other musicians go through disease and depression and God knows what else and many of them come out on top of it, some stronger than ever.

The 2004 Velveetapalooza Train Wreck would seem to indicate that Eddie isn't among them. And that's a fucking tragedy, even if he's been a chronic asshole for the last 22 years
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jcook11
            Commando
            • Sep 2004

You try being around roy as much as Ed has since VAN HALEN parted ways and you would be in the same shape. His old lady left him, he had cancer and a hip replacement. DAVE SEND HELP ASAP!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

God...who gives a shit...

If spED has it so fucking bad...

then do us all a favor...and completely disappear...

showing up with Chesney...a week after Dave's shit with the Bluegrass...and what did they play together?

fucking get over it spED...already...

you're fucking in your 50's...

just fucking get over the pissing contest...christ...

sad really...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• MAX
                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                It's such a damn shame that Eddie fell for Danniels' horseshit back in 1996. He played like a madman on the VDIII tour, and probably would have turned out a great album if Dave had been there putting the songs together.
                Yup, I'll agree wholeheartedly.

I remember the first time I saw the Humans Being song on MTV and for a Van Hagar track, I actually found myself headbanging (just a little) to the riff. Later I found out that The Round Rocker had almost NOTHING to do with the song. It made sense then as to why (musically) it was alright. Then came the TWO... MWM and CGTSNM!!! Fucking LOVED them!!!

Edward's playin' seemed to be at another peak as opposed to the endless valleys he keyboarded his way through with Hagar.

Now, flashforward to 2004 and those AWFUL songs done for the Van Hagar "reunion" FLOP!!!

Beyond fucking pathetic (even by Van Hagar standards) and further pissed on the legacy of a once great band. I don't think Dave would've touched those songs with a ten foot pole. Unlike Spam Hagar, Ed and Co. cannot dangle a bucket of fried chicken, expect lyrics and participation in a song that sucks from Dave.
                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Yeah...but through the Hagar years...spED could still play live...

Now he sounds like Tiny Tim playing tiptoe throught the tulips...

christ...he even sounds like him...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Those cell phones suck ass for audio..

Ed was jumpin...

Cant all be bad ??

Can it ?? :p
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Dave should now appear on Letterman and do Jump with the whole
                        swords and Roundhouse kick thing now..
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Post 111111 !

Might as well JUMP !!!
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• MAX
                            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

P-A-N-A-M-A-R-K!!!!!!!

Whoooaaaah ahhhhh Ohhhhh Ohhhhhh!!!!!!
                            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                              Yeah...but through the Hagar years...spED could still play live...

Now he sounds like Tiny Tim playing tiptoe throught the tulips...

christ...he even sounds like him...
                              Dunno about that?

Sure, I learned a LOT of tricks on guitar from watching his solo on Live Without A Singer but I've seen clips of that Balance tour, I walked out 15 minutes into a '93 show (that my brother scored us a stellar package for FREE!!!) and he sucked. No spontaneity to speak of whatsoever. His licks were like an old, worn out back of tricks. Nothing inspiring for a guitar playa at all, IMO.
                              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Working...