PDA

View Full Version : Eat'em And Smile Reunion April 2004

TMR
04-21-2004, 02:29 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen!

EAT'EM AND SMILE BAND COMING SOON!

GREG BISSONETTE HAS JOINED STEVE VAI in the STUDIO on 4/10/04!!!

BILLY SHEEHAN as you know has been working with VAI for sometime now!

DAVID LEE ROTH Lead Vocals
Steve Vai Guitars
Greg Bissonette Bass Guitar
Greg Bissonette Drums

AWESOME NEW WEB PAGE COMING UP WITH THE GREATEST ROCK N ROLL BAND OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thefive
04-21-2004, 02:54 AM
Where did you get that photo? If this is true I will be jazzed. I will be so happy.

thefive

Panamark
04-21-2004, 04:19 AM
This would be great news ! :D

DavidLeeNatra
04-21-2004, 04:38 AM
I do not believe...but it would spice up the situation :D

GAR
04-21-2004, 04:41 AM
I thought Matt bissonette played bass?

David Van Via
04-21-2004, 05:45 AM
You've made my boring day turn into one of the greatest. This is one of the best things that anybody could have said to me today!

MrWiseMagic
04-21-2004, 07:13 AM
That would be cool. I feel my wallet getting lighter already. Can't wait.

DlocRoth
04-21-2004, 09:01 AM
holy shit! someone prove this please!

Big Troubles
04-21-2004, 09:04 AM
Great news if true. I'll wait to see what transpires though.

Red Beard
04-21-2004, 09:44 AM
G3 is touring Europe Summer 2004. Sheehan and Bissonette are backing Vai up. It's three out of four but still a long shot. I'm on board hoping for the best.

pardo
04-21-2004, 10:18 AM
That looks more like Tony Hawk and Tommy Lee.

Would be cool though!

Roy Munson
04-21-2004, 10:45 AM
It's true EXCEPT for DLR being involved.

Vai and Bissonette (http://www.vai.com/News/index.html)

Golden AWe
04-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Hey that's MY brother on the photo!!!

WACF
04-21-2004, 02:25 PM
The reunion to hope for.

Roy Munson
04-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by WACF
The reunion to hope for.

Don't hold your breath. Even though it will be cool to hear new music from Gergg and Steve I'd bet a million bucks they don't want to work with Roth again. From what I've heard anyway.

BrownSound1
04-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Ain't happening....plus I think Ray shits all over Gregg Bissonette as far as drumming goes.

L.S.D.
04-21-2004, 03:45 PM
You guys act like Vai wants work with Roth. He sells more tickets and albums on his own.

ELVIS
04-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Exactly...

L.S.D.
04-21-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Exactly...

What do u mean exactly, I meant steve vai sells better than Roth. Easily.

tydhurst
04-21-2004, 04:51 PM
so, is it true or not??????????

And where did the person who started the thread get the info?

If not true, don't put stuff like that up!!!

ALinChainz
04-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by L.S.D.
What do u mean exactly, I meant steve vai sells better than Roth. Easily.

And you know this how?

L.S.D.
04-21-2004, 04:56 PM
because steve vai routinely has albums put out on sony and lst time through he sold out the riviera theater in chicago, where roth had about, according to the radio, 350 people at the hob. Youre going to tell me that dlr sells better than vai, and all of his guitar player fans? Please............

Roy Munson
04-21-2004, 04:58 PM
because steve vai routinely has albums put out on sony and lst time through he sold out the riviera theater in chicago, where roth had about, according to the radio, 350 people at the hob. Youre going to tell me that dlr sells better than vai, and all of his guitar player fans? Please............

LOL...funny and true

L.S.D.
04-21-2004, 05:02 PM
no shit its true. What a joke..."and I know this how?" Because I dont have my head up dlr's ass.

distortion9
04-21-2004, 05:11 PM
no shit its true. What a joke..."and I know this how?" Because I dont have my head up dlr's ass.

You can't have it up DLR'S ass....you're too busy sticking it up Shammy's faggot.

P.S. thought you're not posting anymore, woman.

L.S.D.
04-21-2004, 05:24 PM
am I a woman or a faggot. And I am bored and believe it or not, you retards are the most entertaining way to piss away time in the office.

Big Troubles
04-21-2004, 05:31 PM
There ya are. I thought you ran away! Well ducking to the next pro roth thread is running away I guess.

Vai sells better than Roth? Hmm...Who cares? Seriously. Are you a Vai fan now too? Or just a Roth hater? I think you need council bro.

Big Troubles
04-21-2004, 05:32 PM
Exactly...

2051. your almost there! LOL

David Van Via
04-21-2004, 05:35 PM
am I a woman or a faggot. And I am bored and believe it or not, you retards are the most entertaining way to piss away time in the office.

Tuh Tuh you should be working while in the office not on forums you've been very bad!

Big Troubles
04-21-2004, 05:38 PM
I doubt he has a job. I question if he's reached puberty or not. :lol:

ALMOSTsaved
04-21-2004, 05:39 PM
The EEAS smile reunion would be cool.

But I'd rather they stick to Dave solo songs live. No VH. I don't like Vai playing Eddie's stuff.

ALMOSTsaved
04-21-2004, 05:41 PM
If the EEAS band reunited it would be great!

However, if and when they toured, I'd rather they just stick to the Dave solo era stuff.

I'm SO not into Vai's style of playing Ed's material.

redblkwht
04-21-2004, 06:29 PM
TMR back up your thread bro-

EEAS reunion would be real cool,
not this year with G3 dude.

mightyjar
04-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Saw Diamond Dave last summer at Freedom Hill in Detroit.
14,000 people there. The only time Steve Vai saw that many people was while playing with Roth.
Next you are going to say Vai outsells and outplays Satriani.:monekyr:

Roth kills Sam
04-21-2004, 09:36 PM
mightyjar, all of us agree with you here that roth is the friggin coolest and best dude in rock, but you couldn't be more wrong about Vai and his popularity. It is not merely anyone's opinion that Vai is pretty darn popular - it is simply true. None of us have to like him, but his following is even bigger outside the states. This dude commonly plays to over 14,000. Just check his website any given day and check out his tour dates. He plays the globe to MUCH larger audiences than the common arena here. An example of his global popularity is when he recently played on the Grammy's with Nelly. He was called up by the President of the Grammy committee and asked to play and present. Hagar sucks, Dave friggin rocks, but the "Vai is nothing without Dave argument" is just poor at best

ELVIS
04-21-2004, 09:41 PM
You EEAS people are on drugs...

TMR
04-21-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
Ain't happening....plus I think Ray shits all over Gregg Bissonette as far as drumming goes.

NO WAY! Totally disagree, the energy that comes from Gregg and how he plays sounds so much better for Dave....Listen to Bad Habits....that song has the best vibe and beat of the Diamond Dave CD. Ray is good but doesn't come close to Gregg!

IMO

TMR
04-21-2004, 10:45 PM
20 YEARS AFTER VH SPLIT UP....WHAT A WAY TO CELEBRATE!!!

pete
04-21-2004, 11:07 PM

you have about half the equipment.

If I were your mother you'd be named Georgia.

kinda rugged, kinda feminine.

ELVIS
04-21-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by TMR
NO WAY! Totally disagree, the energy that comes from Gregg and how he plays sounds so much better for Dave....Listen to Bad Habits....

Bullshit...

TMR
04-22-2004, 02:17 AM
Bullshit...

Tell me Elvis? What the hell do you know about drums:)

Not to say Elvis sucks....but where is the great drum playing in those songs???

Bill Lumbergh
04-22-2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by TMR
Tell me Elvis? What the hell do you know about drums:)

Not to say Elvis sucks....but where is the great drum playing in those songs???

Oh man that was some MONSTER drumming back in the 50's. Hound Dog rocks my world. John Bohnam's got nothin' on the dude who played on that.

Apollo
04-22-2004, 05:39 AM
This reunion aint gonna happen.

Steve is doing his own stuff now and that is far fro what he did with Roth.
He only did the Whitesnake and DLR gigs to promote himself and get a good salary.

Just think about it. If you had been your own boss for so many years would you suddenly take a step back and work for somebody else again?

Stop kidding yourself a bout a Roth - Vai reunion.
A Van Halen reunion is far more likely by comparison.

David Van Via
04-22-2004, 08:02 AM
So is it true or is it a pile of crap please the suspense is enough to kill me.

TMR
04-24-2004, 10:50 AM
EEAS COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VH LINKS SUCKS
04-24-2004, 01:13 PM

You have a job? Better yet, what office would hire such a fuckup?:confused:

DLRismydad
04-24-2004, 01:32 PM
The reunion is great but unless DLR is involved im really not very interested

David Van Via
04-24-2004, 02:12 PM
I hope it is true the tension is building up and I just can't wait any longer.

Viking
04-24-2004, 04:45 PM
TMR, I've been saying it for years - you are so full of shit. :fucku2: Wish you were right this time, though. :killer:

thefive
04-24-2004, 04:50 PM
It will never happen. Steve Vai is in his own world. I think if they got back together Steve would think that he is UNDER Dave and that is the problem. Thats why I think it will never happen.

the 5

Big Troubles
04-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Vai was mentioned on the radio this morning, heading to Europe to do some recording with Billy and Bisonette. No mention of Dave. From what I got from the interview they are colaborating to make music for movies or Tv. Not even a mention of a singer? Can any of those 3 sing? maybe they dont need Dave? I dunno. They also plugged Van Hagar in Toronto, and began to play Panama. Last week, they plugged the Hagar show in T.O and played Unchained. And Ive also heard And the Cradle....plugged along with the reunion. Boy are people gonna be dissapointed when Van hagar wont play any of the songs they are promoting...LOL

TMR
04-25-2004, 03:33 AM
Whatever the EEAS band choosed to do, it will be great!

:D

TMR
04-25-2004, 03:34 AM
PURE TALENT in this band....not like the Van Hagar idiots!

Panamark
04-25-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Vai was mentioned on the radio this morning, heading to Europe to do some recording with Billy and Bisonette. No mention of Dave. From what I got from the interview they are colaborating to make music for movies or Tv. Not even a mention of a singer? Can any of those 3 sing? maybe they dont need Dave? I dunno. They also plugged Van Hagar in Toronto, and began to play Panama. Last week, they plugged the Hagar show in T.O and played Unchained. And Ive also heard And the Cradle....plugged along with the reunion. Boy are people gonna be dissapointed when Van hagar wont play any of the songs they are promoting...LOL

They really shouldnt be allowed to use Van Halen to promote Van Hagar. Thats the worst form of false advertizing I can think of..

thefive
04-25-2004, 04:00 AM
I agree with you TMR but I dont think it will ever happen.

Bill Lumbergh
04-25-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
They really shouldnt be allowed to use Van Halen to promote Van Hagar. Thats the worst form of false advertizing I can think of..

That should be a federal offense right there..........

Dave IS VH
04-25-2004, 05:09 AM
I hope this is true it's about time Dave comes out with his game plan, but I won't believe it until I see and hear it.

Big Troubles
04-25-2004, 01:35 PM
Not to rain on anybody's parade (TMR), I just dont see a EEAS reunion at all. It really doesn't make sense now. It made sense when it happened but not now. At best I can see maybe dave lending vocals for a few tunes, but Vai is the boss now. And that wont sit well with Dave's ego. Vai wont let Dave dictate what happens musically. And Dave doesn't take a back seat to anybody. In 86 all members in EEAS needed to feed off each other to survive to keep the music momentum going. Plus Dave doesn't need a reunion with anyone other than VH. An EEAS reunion would be about as exciting, if not less than exciting than the Van Hagar reunion. It's just not worldly popular.
Sorry, but that's just an opinion.

David Van Via
04-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Not to rain on anybody's parade (TMR), I just dont see a EEAS reunion at all. It really doesn't make sense now. It made sense when it happened but not now. At best I can see maybe dave lending vocals for a few tunes, but Vai is the boss now. And that wont sit well with Dave's ego. Vai wont let Dave dictate what happens musically. And Dave doesn't take a back seat to anybody. In 86 all members in EEAS needed to feed off each other to survive to keep the music momentum going. Plus Dave doesn't need a reunion with anyone other than VH. An EEAS reunion would be about as exciting, if not less than exciting than the Van Hagar reunion. It's just not worldly popular.

Ohhhhh why do you have to make so much sense but it would be better then the Van Hager reunion at least.

cwsmith17
04-25-2004, 02:33 PM
David Lee Roth should do that to counter the Hagar tour. If he doesn't he'll look like a giant wet pussy!!

fanofdave
04-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Dave's solo music has been neglected on tours for
way too long. An EEAS band reunion would rock but
I don't see it happening. At this point I would take
the EEAS reunion or an ORIGINAL VH Lineup reunion.

TMR
04-25-2004, 02:46 PM

I believe it's the best REUNION that could ever happen. I really don't care for the puss brothers VH!

The band has reunited, don't you think it's starnge to see BAD HABITS on Diamond Dave Cd with Greg Bissonette on drums?? I sure do! All Dave would have to do is PROMOTE the EEAS TOUR and it would be arena time again. And come out with DLR VIDEOS part 2....At the end of the CRAZY FROM THE HEAT VIDEO TAPE.....Dave goes SEE YOU ON THE NEXT CASSETTE! Well, i've been waiting for a long time and still haven't seen it:D

pete
04-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by TMR
I believe it's the best REUNION that could ever happen. I really don't care for the puss brothers VH!

The band has reunited, don't you think it's starnge to see BAD HABITS on Diamond Dave Cd with Greg Bissonette on drums?? I sure do! All Dave would have to do is PROMOTE the EEAS TOUR and it would be arena time again. And come out with DLR VIDEOS part 2....At the end of the CRAZY FROM THE HEAT VIDEO TAPE.....Dave goes SEE YOU ON THE NEXT CASSETTE! Well, i've been waiting for a long time and still haven't seen it:D

You got heart.

I agree with you on VAI. He's awesome. I find his playing "very" emotional. I think the scope of the emotions he can drag out of a guiitar is unmatched.

thefive
04-25-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
That should be a federal offense right there..........

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=66990

I second that motion.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=53401

DLR'sCock
04-25-2004, 04:40 PM
I would totally dig an EEAS reunion!!!!

David Van Via
04-25-2004, 05:50 PM
I think if the EEAS reunion happened it would blow Van Hager out of this world. But I still have seen no evidence that it is going to happen. If Roth isn't singing then I couldn't really care. But as TMR said he's been waiting a long time for the next cassete I think every Roth fan young and old has.

dave_is_vh
04-27-2004, 12:00 AM
Vai makes more money on his own. Why would he do this?

dave_is_vh
04-27-2004, 12:16 AM
From Vai's web site

April 12, 2004
Photos from the Studio
Steve is busy in The Mothership Studio working on his new album due out later this year. We'll be bringing you photos direct from the studio of the sessions as they progress. Click the thumbnail images on the right to see larger photos of Jeremy Colson recording drum tracks on April 6 and April 8.

thefive
04-27-2004, 02:25 AM
I dont think it will ever happen but maybe it will.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
05-12-2004, 10:49 PM
hagar bites... i would love that reunion... i am only interested if DLR is there. someone offered me free tix to sammy hagars new thing i turned it down. duh!

cwsmith17
05-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by TMR
Ladies and Gentlemen!

EAT'EM AND SMILE BAND COMING SOON!

GREG BISSONETTE HAS JOINED STEVE VAI in the STUDIO on 4/10/04!!!

BILLY SHEEHAN as you know has been working with VAI for sometime now!

DAVID LEE ROTH Lead Vocals
Steve Vai Guitars
Greg Bissonette Bass Guitar
Greg Bissonette Drums

AWESOME NEW WEB PAGE COMING UP WITH THE GREATEST ROCK N ROLL BAND OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a load of shit.