X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Van Via
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Chucking out a band member

Right we have a band and we want to chuck out the drummer because he isn't good and he is a wanker, when it comes to music (his fav band is RATM and he doesn't like Van Halen). So I was just wondering if anybody has any SUBTLE but firm ways to chuck him out because we like him as a friend.

CHEERS!
    Rumour has it that Van Halen have continued in recent years with a new lead signer, but since there 1985 breakup, nobody involved has ever recaptured that spontaneous cheeseburger magic!

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE
  • DLRSLAVE

Loss of Control I think you need to feel this one out. You've had to fire band members before right.

Comment

• David Van Via
      Sniper
      • Apr 2004

No We haven't because the rest of us get along great so everything has been fantastic.
      Rumour has it that Van Halen have continued in recent years with a new lead signer, but since there 1985 breakup, nobody involved has ever recaptured that spontaneous cheeseburger magic!

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE

Comment

• pete
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

just have the band break up - then reuinite a week later with a new drummer.

reunited and it feeelz so good

Comment

• David Van Via
          Sniper
          • Apr 2004

That's a bloody great idea.

CHEERS!

However if there's any more ideas please post them and we will use the best one.

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE

Comment

• Coyote
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

If I were you, I'd talk to the guy face to face over a beer.

Point out the problems, and come to the conclusion that he's not the right drummer for the band.
            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Top Jimmy
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

do it at the next BIG gig you play...it'll be hilarious! truuust me....

Audition someone behind his back....tell as many people as you can without him finding out...then on the night of the gig...give his pictures to the security...tell them how he 'flipped out' and so you had to '86 him...."he made some death threats"..or "bomb threats"....so they won't let him in the door....and he will show up COMPLETELY unaware! Also, make sure to switch out your posters before he gets there, with pics with the NEW bassist in them...."In OUR band?...oh, no officer...that guy is some wacko from the alley..." watch the fun and hilarity ensue as you take the stage...and rock the house...he is being beat up in the back alley by security....
              HOW's that work for ya? Try it, and video tape the results.......there's GOLD in that there idea, son....

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Just tell him, "It's not you, it's us. We just can't keep with you, were holding you back." Make sure to duck.

Comment

• smaz
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2004

When my friends band got a new drummer, they didnt tell the old one and when he turned up to a soundcheck the day before a gig, they were already playing, and he just stood at the back watching, before probably going home to cry.
                  Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• alexpgrimes
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jan 2004

Too bad your not spinal tap. the guy would just explode sonner or later..lol
                    If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• David Van Via
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by alexpgrimes
                      Too bad your not spinal tap. the guy would just explode sonner or later..lol
                      That would definitely help, plus it would be funny as hell!

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE

Comment

• Ozzy Fudd
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Do what we did, have a sit down and put the cards on the table then say ...Oh Yeah we forgot to tell you your fired.
                        Roth Army MP
                        Originally posted by Panamark
                        Is there such a thing as a trailer park virgin?
                        or is that just a chick that can run faster than her father and brothers ??
                        Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                        She looks like someone I wake up to after a night of drinking. Or someone I'd bang so a buddy of mine can get her hotter friend.
                        Originally posted by JAY HALE
                        so how's about you stop lying, log off and go practice.

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Tell him you are going to become an 80's synth band and will be running on sequencers from now on.
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

You're all adults so have everybody there and tell his ass he's a wanker and to hit the road. Be up front about it. If you're all there and he wants to fight, you can all thump his ass.
                            “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Rubnose

Tell him you have feelings for him that you can't hide anymore. Rub his back and put your hand on his knee.

That should do it. Unless you are Ford. Then get ready for a Cival Union.

Bwaaa-haaa-haaa-haaaa!!!!

Comment

Working...