Runnin with the devil,Pretty woman and YRGM rerecorded for US FEST 3 CLIP TV RELEASE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Calderone
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

Runnin with the devil,Pretty woman and YRGM rerecorded for US FEST 3 CLIP TV RELEASE

Why they decided to rerecord the vocals ?
    i got the 2 versions and the vocals are OOOTHER THING
    they recorded Roth's vocals with a livevibe to it but they were not live at all...i got both versions
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Re: Runnin with the devil,Pretty woman and YRGM rerecorded for US FEST 3 CLIP TV RELE

Originally posted by Calderone
    Why they decided to rerecord the vocals ?
    i got the 2 versions and the vocals are OOOTHER THING
    they recorded Roth's vocals with a livevibe to it but they were not live at all...i got both versions
    The intention at the time was to release a radio special of "US Festival Highlights" and eventually a live album, so that's probably why the suits wanted the overdubs.

Dave's overdubs are obvious, but I think they "cleaned up" some of the instrumental parts as well.

From a label perspective, I can understand why they did it. VH's performance at the festival was hardly "perfect". They were all drunk and sloppy as Hell.

For the fans, it's a fucking great document of how the show actually went down, and I'd take it over the most "perfect" Van Hagar show every time. But radio and record labels don't want it to sound real, they want it to sound "perfect".
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Calderone
      Commando
      • Jan 2004

i love the REAL VH !
      i mean ..the mistakes ...the ROTH voiceless parts ...the improvised lyrics...thats ROCKNROLL !

Comment

• Golden AWe
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cato
        Golden, why are you FAT?
        Originally posted by lesfunk
        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

Working...