• Steve Savicki
    • Jan 2004

Next generation of VH fans

This is interesting:

sigpic
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Above and beyond the featured user deal, the Van Halen brand truly does stand the test of kids.

They are REALLY impressionable. My niece (9 years old at the time) went along for the ride @ Wild Adventures last summer. She had no idea what David Lee Roth or Van halen was/is. I remember asking her "whaddya think?" @ some point during Dave's set. She didn't bother to stop clapping along as she shattered my eardrum with the answer:

"HE'S FUNNY!!!!"

Fast forward to a week and a 1/2 ago.....

We were on our third trip in 3 days to the supermall when HFT came on the radio. The very instant "whaddya think the teacher's gonna look like this year?" came out of the speakers, she went:

"UNCLE RUSS!!!.....THAT'S DAVID LEE ROTH!!!"

She's ten years old...not a Van Halen fan. All she thinks about is getting a cell phone, and whateverthefuck else she sees on Disney Channel.

If I had dragged her to a Blue Oyster Cult show last summer, like same fast forward to this year?

DFTR comes on the radio?

"UNCLE RUSS....HOW FAR IS THE MALL?"

Make any sense? Are ya followin' the parallelium?

WORD.

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

"He used to ask me to invite Eddie, Alex, Michael, Dave over to our house and couldn't understand why they couldn't come."

....neither do I.......
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

What's a parallelium?

My daughter loves dancing to Dave's stuff. She'll be 4 next month

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

My kids love him, too - as much as I listen to CVH, it's almost like they're growing up with him as well.

They're actually becoming quite the little Van Roth experts...I'm relatively proud of myself...
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...