X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcook11
    Commando
    • Sep 2004

Saturday Morning Tv Shows

What were some of the Sat. morning TV shows that you watched? Anyone rember Sigmund the sea monster, Liddsville, Land of the lost,or how about the gayest show of all ....SHAZAM. Billy and the old guy cruzing America in that winnebago. That Captain Marvel costume was the gayest of all time!
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Was an avid watcher of the various Superfriends cartoon series, even going as far back as when they had Wendy, some dog and this homo named Marvin who wore a cape; two putzes and a mutt who had no powers to speak of, and usually got stuck riding along with Batman and Robin...

Then onto Zan, Jana and Gleek [Wondertwin Powers ACTIVATE: Jana - "Form of...a kangaroo! (?)" Zan - "Shape of....a bucket of water! (?!?)"].

And finally, the Challenge of the Superfriends, battling the Legion Of Doom. This is around the time where the infant rumblings of PC began to surface, so you had lame characters like Apache Chief who could...make himself really tall...and didn't have a drinking or gambling problem...

And why the fuck did Aquaman always have to catch a ride with Wonder Woman to find a body of water to dive into when they travelled? And the lazy fucker used a damn jetski half the time anyway...

I loved that shit.

Also: Honk Kong Phooey, Goober and the Ghostbusters and Inch High:Private Eye.

Shazam sucked. You always knew Saturday morning was drawing to a close when he came on at 11:30.

Also: CBS 'In The News' breaks during the 'toons.

Spiderman and his Amazing Friends was really my last hurrah. Firestar was a hot, red-headed piece...but by then Bugs Bunny was kinda vanishing from the scene, Tom and Jerry began to talk and became firends...Scrappy Fucking Doo (ugh)

You know what I want? A, like, 4-disc set of old, classic Woody Wooodpecker cartoons. Only thing I can find is on the net, and it's a pirated Vhs-to-DVD amateur transfer boot going for $150 bucks.

Can't forget the Laff-A-Lympics.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• jcook11
      Commando
      • Sep 2004

LMFAO Terry, I had forgotten alot of those, How about Grape Ape, Schoolhouse Rock, Isus, The Bananna Splits, and Captain Caveman

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

What about Lancelot Link?

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

Oopsy the Clown....forgotten DETROIT ICON

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jcook11
              LMFAO Terry, I had forgotten alot of those, How about Grape Ape, Schoolhouse Rock, Isus, The Bananna Splits, and Captain Caveman
              LOVED Grape Ape (and the always underrated Beagly-Beagly).

Same for Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels...specially the club he had where the top of it opened up and a bird on a stick would pop out holding a candle whenever they were in a dark cave and needed a flashlight.

Schoolhouse Rock - classic.

Isus - can't remember it.

The Banana Splits, Sigmund (or was it Seymour?) and the Sea Monsters and the Land of the Lost I just could NOT ever get into, for some reason.

I used to fuckin' GROOVE on the Electric Company. Not that the show was on Saturday mornings...but I was totally entranced when those live-action Spidermans were on that show.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                HA!

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
                  HA!
                  Aw S-N-A-P!!!!

Check out www.sirgravesghastly.com

THe MUSIC starts up

BRILLIANT

He's still alive too!

GOD BLESS SIR GRAVES

Comment

• jcook11
                    Commando
                    • Sep 2004

Ahh The Electric Company.....Morgan Freeman as "Easey Reader",
                    Sigmund, Liddsville, Land of the Lost, H.R.Puffensuff. Sid and Marty Kroft had to be smokin weed.

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

Re: Saturday Morning Tv Shows

What were some of the Sat. morning TV shows that you watched? Anyone rember Sigmund the sea monster, Liddsville, Land of the lost,or how about the gayest show of all ....SHAZAM. Billy and the old guy cruzing America in that winnebago. That Captain Marvel costume was the gayest of all time!
                      CLASSIC

Anybody remember "Roundup" with the GRATE PAUL WINCHELL???

Comment

• jcook11
                        Commando
                        • Sep 2004

How the fuck did "Billy" go from being a sixteen year old kid to a 30 something year old man. Why did he never go to school. What is up with traveling the country in a Winnebago with that old man. And that captain Marvel outfit had to be the fucking gayest costume of all time.....SHAZAM!

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                          Looks like a total ripoff of JP Patches to me......

More useless FORD trivia: Matt Groening, creator of the Simpsons, is a graduate of The Evergreen State College here in Olympia. He has said in the past that JP Patches was his inspiration for Krusty the Klown.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jcook11
                            Commando
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
                            What about Lancelot Link?
                            Lance Link, FUCK that brings back memories....FORD has a new nickname for Dubya

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Lance Link, FUCK that brings back memories....FORD has a new nickname for Dubya
                              No, that wouldn't work. Lancelot Link was a smart chimp.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...