Ho much did making of the videos "Jump" and "Panama" cost?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Golden AWe
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Ho much did making of the videos "Jump" and "Panama" cost?

I lack this VH-trivia, it wasn't much, I just don't remember even I may have heard it somewhere...

HELP ME FOLKS...
    Last edited by Golden AWe; 04-23-2004, 04:36 AM.
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I remember Edward saying that most of the budget for the shooting of "Jump" went to the purchase of beer.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

$600 and a bag of doritos was the budget for Jump. Panama wouldn't have been expensive either. They used clips from the 84 tour with simulated crowd shots, and old footage spliced in for nice effect. (Motorcycle riding Dave, Both Ed and Dave in the car, everyone raising their glass saying Panama, Ed playing piano while Val sulks in her chair in the background).
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Bob_R
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I've always thought that it was Dave and Ed in the car during the Panama video. But, I think it was actually Dave and Alex. But, I'm not 100 percent certain of that either.
        Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Ive always believed it to be ed and dave, but yeah Ive read somewhere that it could've been alex too. Cathedral or Ford would know for sure. Elvis would know, but he wont tell.
          Panama was always my favourite video. Notice ed goes picking the strings with his fingers to using a pic sweep. I love that kind of stuff. Little things make big impressions. Ed always found it neccassary to never show his complete solos in videos too. They will show the finger work on the fret, then cut to strings then back to fret, then he'll turn his back. he's quick. He shows some, but never all.
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Brett
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Jump was like $800, no idea what "Panama" cost. No question that's Al and Dave in the car, not Eddie.

Comment

• tjvhou812
              Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

jump was 600.00 dollars, no idea on how much panama was..
              and yes it was alex in the car w/dave...
              Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Comment

• Catfish

Back then, when it was Van HALEN, making videos didn't cost much because their live shows were good enough for the vids.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I understood that catering cost more than the video.
                    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

I still think it's Ed in the car. Panama, aside from the 3 live Oakland videos is my fave video of all time.
                      I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

It wasn't $1600 nor was it $800. It was $600 for certain. the catering was more than that. Ive heard it was Al in the car more than Ed, so Im guessing Alex.

Comment

• Brett
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

$800, $600, I was close enough.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

lol $200 is a lot of M&M's and beer though. so you might be right. $600 for video and $200 for food/booze.

Comment

• rustoffa
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

I wonder if Al hurt his neck when he stuck it out of Dave's chop-top rag-top.

Comment

Working...