Why is it every place I go to school at has some major building collapse near it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Why is it every place I go to school at has some major building collapse near it?

Seriously.

And suicides, too.

Well, I must say, this is one ultimate way of offing yourself.

As it was, the trains that run by this mess were all screwed up for some other reason. I got fed up with the transit nightmare trying to get to class this morning, so I said "fuck it" and went home. Good thing, too, or else I would have been right there when the thing went up.

At least this suicide didn't include planes or religious statements.
    Roth Army Militia
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

for those who are like, "Wtf?"

New York building collapses, burns
    Five injured; gas explosion appears to be cause

NEW YORK (CNN) -- An explosion and fire leveled a residential building on New York's Upper East Side Monday morning, fire officials and eyewitnesses told CNN.

New York Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta told CNN the cause appeared to be a gas explosion.

Two people were transported to the hospital and two others treated on the scene, according to New York Fire Dept. spokeswoman Emily Rahimi.

One firefighter was taken to the hospital on a stretcher, CNN personnel on the scene report. (Map)

Eyewitness Theodore Milonas told CNN that three women emerged from the building after it exploded and they were covered in blood.

Ann McGovern, a neighbor across the street from the three-story E. 62nd Street location, told CNN she "witnessed two bloody people exiting the building just minutes after the explosion."

The building was between taller structures on 62nd Street between Park and Madison avenues just a few blocks from Central Park.

Smoke from the fire could be seen across Midtown and Manhattan's Upper East Side. As it cleared, firefighters moved in to assess the damage and look for victims.

Scoppetta said the building included doctors' offices, but was primarily residential.

White House Press Secretary Tony Snow said there is no suspicion of terrorism in the explosion.

The New York Fire Department received a call reporting the explosion at 8:40 a.m., department spokeswoman Emily Rahimi said.

CNN's Larry King was in a hotel nearby at the time of the explosion. He said it felt like an earthquake.

"I've never heard a sound like that," King said.

CNN's Katy Byron and Cheryl Bronson contributed to this report.
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Ally_Kat
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

the Fire Commissioner just started telling those at the scene that the suicide theory is true. Man, a lot of pissed off people when that was announced.
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Pretty awful way to die.

Hope my life evr gets to the point where I even contemplate that. Never understood why anyone would want a public suicide.

Glad to hear you are ok tho.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Figs
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

That was a suicide??? That would be really fucked up....

Comment

• Ally_Kat
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

ZOMG. owned by some higher power, indeed.

So this guy tried to off himself by blowing up the building. Building explodes. Guy lives and is in critical condition at a local hospital. And instead of lying in the fire, he called 911 for help.

And this guy is a doctor.

I'm sorry, but I find that funny.
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Figs
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

He might not live too long after people find out about this....

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

It gets better. He tried to off himself and decided to take the building with him because his wife wanted a divorce and the building was up for grabs.
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by THUNDER ICON!
                  immediate "gayest thread of 06 candidate". No offense ally, because I know you want to fuck me but this is fucking gay. You have to even admit yourself. Wow!
                  Why don't you do what you do whenever you meet something that's gay then, and blow it?

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

immediate "gayest thread of 06 candidate". No offense ally, because I know you want to fuck me but this is fucking gay. You have to even admit yourself. Wow!
                    Picking Brian Minto to defeat the exploding building would un-gay it, right?
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Comment

• jcook11
                        Commando
                        • Sep 2004

Note to people who are contemplating suicide: Lock your self in a room drop four hits of four way acid put on all of the van hagar cds put on head phones turn cd player volume all the up...Let the good times roll, Leave the rest of us alone.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                          It gets better. He tried to off himself and decided to take the building with him because his wife wanted a divorce and the building was up for grabs.
                          If there was ever an advert for not marrying, that's it!
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

that might be up for gayest post of the year as well. Cmon ally, your making an ass of yourself, knock it off. Picking Minto to defeat an exploding building???????? WTF Weird ass shit?????? un-gay it????????
                            You just out-gayed my gayest post! :eek:

And you wish I was an ass, because that's how you like your mansex. I have a vagina, sorry.
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

See more of me and my men at:

Comment

Working...