PDA

View Full Version : I just had the sh@t scared outta me!

Nickdfresh
07-11-2006, 04:00 AM
So, here I am with a bad case of insomnia, listening to some Catholic-extremist-offshoot cult member on Coast-to-Coast AM and posting here. I' wanna get some sleep. so I go to fix myself a little drinkie (vodka & tonic), and I hear the rustling sound outside the open window of my humble abode. It almost sounds like someone is walking around my place or something, so I get my big-ass "cop" flashlight in case I have to lay-into some fucker.

I shine it out the window, and a goddamn skunk was mowing my garbage I forgot to put into a can. Of course, this happens every once in a while, but the fact that it was a skunk was pretty disconcerting. I'm not getting sprayed, so I slammed the window so he couldn't get any of that nasty toxic venom inside, and I guess that scared him off...

http://i.ugtz.com/albums/Nature/skunk.sized.jpg

Nickdfresh
07-11-2006, 04:01 AM
The little fucker's back!:mad:

kentuckyklira
07-11-2006, 04:11 AM
Do people eat skunks?

binnie
07-11-2006, 04:20 AM
Damn!

sometimes we have foxes do the same thing!

FORD
07-11-2006, 04:30 AM
I've seen the occasional raccoon around here, even though I'm well inside city limits. But foxes and raccoons don't stink, so it's a lot easier to scare them off.

Nickdfresh
07-11-2006, 04:33 AM
Well, the little cunt came back and was mocking me as I shined my light in his eyes. I was tapping on the window and shinning the light in his eyes with no discernible effect. So I took a few items I had lying around in my garage, a few old spark plugs, and started whipping them at him from around the corner. He flew out, and I didn't get sprayed. I was so pissed, I was willing to risk it. It's my fucking garbage!:mad:

Anyhoo, I picked it up and threw it all in the can after he ran away...

Nickdfresh
07-11-2006, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
Do people eat skunks?

Not that I've ever heard. But skunks apparently like to eat chocolate-chip cookies, or the left over crumbs in a package...

FORD
07-11-2006, 04:43 AM
Should have let the little bastard eat them. Then you would know shortly after if skunks die from eating chocolate like dogs do.

Which could be an effective way of getting rid of the next skunk.

binnie
07-11-2006, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Should have let the little bastard eat them. Then you would know shortly after if skunks die from eating chocolate like dogs do.

Which could be an effective way of getting rid of the next skunk.

Do dogs die from eating chocolate?

SensibleShoes
07-11-2006, 06:03 AM
Yes. But it has to be a decent amount of DARK or BAKING chocolate. There's a chemical in it that will kill them if they consume it in enough quanity.

If your dog steals milk chocolate, or eats a chocolate chip cookies or bagful....nothing's going to happen except he'll get the shits.

My friend had one that ate a box full of baking chocolate and was found dead on the floor when everybody got home from school. My two stealthed a BJ's sized bag of chocolate chips (dark chocolate, beware) from the cupboard and ate the whole thing. THat's five pounds.

If that happens, pour hydrogen peroxide down their throats about a half cup at a time. Wait about 15 min. If the stuff doesn't come up, repeat. They'll throw up a mess that looks like a barista made mega chocolate froth at Starbucks. Always keep a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide around to make dogs vomit. Must have.

Northern Girl
07-11-2006, 07:47 AM
I bet Stoff will have a story to share, and I bet it will involve a gun. :eek: :p

What's with all you Frontliners having insomnia? I think there's a connection there. Why won't your conscience allow you to sleep? ;)

Golden AWe
07-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Shoot the bastard!

I've had some troubles using my shotgun here in the city though, some people don't like me shooting around in the middle of a night.

Matt White
07-11-2006, 08:07 AM
HA!!!

I can't put my garbage outside...due to the skunks...and raccoons...and possums...and coyotes......and rats............:eek:

Douglas T.
07-11-2006, 08:30 AM
A visit from Pee Pee Lepew!

Figs
07-11-2006, 08:54 AM
That does suck, I hate when I almost run into those bastards at night, I don't think getting sprayed would be a fun experience. Not to mention your dog might get mixed up with it too....

Nickdfresh
07-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
Shoot the bastard!

I've had some troubles using my shotgun here in the city though, some people don't like me shooting around in the middle of a night.

My neighbors wouldn't like my Mini-14 at four in the morning.:D

Golden AWe
07-11-2006, 09:47 AM
RANDY!!!

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=927329

Northern Girl
07-11-2006, 10:19 AM
I bet Nick tried to piss on her. :D

(I'm assuming it was a girl, since she went for the chocolate) ;)

sadaist
07-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
So, here I am with a bad case of insomnia, listening to some Catholic-extremist-offshoot cult member on Coast-to-Coast AM and posting here.

http://i.ugtz.com/albums/Nature/skunk.sized.jpg

I was listening to that guy last night too. At least it was different than the alien encounters they usually talk about at night.

LoungeMachine
07-11-2006, 11:04 AM
What was KKKarl Rove looking for in your garbage?

Hardrock69
07-11-2006, 11:09 AM
When I lived in LA, the hillside neighborhood I lived in had a bunch of them.

Several times I would walk down the steps from my front door, and make a sharp turn to continue on down to the street, only to find myself face to face with one.

Fortunately I never got sprayed.

The local Humane Society would loan you a cage trap for a refundable deposit of 40 bucks, and they would have one of their guys come out and remove whatever you caught free of charge.

The first night we caught a possum and 3 of her babies.

The second night we got a skunk, as well as the third, fourth and fifth nights.

We kept the trap for a week, but after the initial captures, we caught nothing else.

We watched as the animal control guy walked up to the cage, and poured chloroform on the skunk as it sprayed the cage and surrounding area.

BLEAH!

I felt sorry for the animal control guy.

But after that, we never saw any more skunks in our neighborhood.

Now, even though I live in the middle of the forest,
I (nor my dog) have never encountered skunks (fortunately).

I see deer and rabbits all the time, and the occasional fox. But that is about it.

Ally_Kat
07-11-2006, 12:48 PM
We get racoons here because of the cemetaries. I remember the first time they ventured here my dad and uncle took to them with the hose. That's when it was jsut a family of four. Not we have a dozen. And they'll hiss.

Once we had one possum that scared the crap out of me and a couple of friends during this BBQ party we were having because it went on the neighbor's garage and took a leak off the side.

SensibleShoes
07-11-2006, 01:07 PM
(I live close to NickD)
Nelson caught a woodchuck in the backyard the other afternoon. Carried him around by his back, and the little sucker twisted around and bit him in the face. Big red dog drops woodchuck, standoff ensues. He finally got away under the fence. THey don't run too fast I notice.

Nasty little MF's.

I've groomed a bunch of dogs who have been sprayed by skunk. The best thing I've found to destink them is Massingil douche.

Douglas T.
07-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Pour a bit of bleach or ammonia into the garbage bag before you tie it closed and put in the can or set it outside. This will keep them from spreading your garbage all over! Once they break open the bag they tend to leave!

Ally_Kat
07-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by SensibleShoes

I've groomed a bunch of dogs who have been sprayed by skunk. The best thing I've found to destink them is Massingil douche.

there's a commercial in there somewhere

Douglas T.
07-11-2006, 01:45 PM
My dog wouldn't talk to me for a week I come toward him with that ... even if he smelled like skunk piss!

Redballjets88
07-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Do dogs die from eating chocolate?

my dog at a bag of m&m's and now he has diabetis i think the m&ms had a lot to do with it

vheddyrmv8
07-11-2006, 04:37 PM
We've had a huge problem with them here lately as well, my neighbors dog tried to tango with one of them and was accordingly sprayed. They seem to come back every night now, reeks pretty bad.

FORD
07-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
My dog wouldn't talk to me for a week I come toward him with that ... even if he smelled like skunk piss!

Give him a bath in tomato juice. It should work just as well, and he won't get any shit from the other dogs in the neighborhood for it, like he would for getting douched.

diamondsgirl
07-11-2006, 11:09 PM
I stepped out my front door and there was one on my doorstep!! :eek:

I almost stepped on that nasty thing. They are sooo friggin ugly with those beady eyes. I freaked out and it just waddled away. Ugh.

MAX
07-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
I stepped out my front door and there was one on my doorstep!! :eek:

I almost stepped on that nasty thing. They are sooo friggin ugly with those beady eyes. I freaked out and it just waddled away. Ugh.

How many have you intentionally run over with your car? ;)

Douglas T.
07-12-2006, 12:17 AM
Give him a bath in tomato juice. It should work just as well, and he won't get any shit from the other dogs in the neighborhood for it, like he would for getting douched.

I thik I remember trying that before! We have since moved into the city so it's just CRANES(4 ft tall birds) in my KOI pond in the AM and DUCKS at my doorstep after work!

LoungeMachine
07-12-2006, 12:32 AM

This was an episode of The Partridge Family.

Mr. Kincaide had to find enough tomato juice for Danny to bathe in.

and then they played a song;)

FORD
07-12-2006, 02:11 AM
Yeah, I knew I had seen it on TV somewhere. Couldn't remember if it was the Partridge Family, Brady Bunch, or Eight Is Enough. They all had older brothers who thought they could sing.

MAX
07-12-2006, 02:23 AM
Yeah, I knew I had seen it on TV somewhere. Couldn't remember if it was the Partridge Family, Brady Bunch, or Eight Is Enough. They all had older brothers who thought they could sing.

Orrrrrrrr..........

Going along with your current av and one of my all time favorite shows. ;) There was the one episode where a valet who parked Jerry's car haunted the car with B.O. and the smell "attatched" itself to anyone in the car.

Remember that one?

Eliane had to ultimately do the tomato juice thing to get the stench out of her hair.

SensibleShoes
07-12-2006, 09:56 AM

Men. Just like the crap of "oh I CAN'T neuter my dog, he'd be emasculated, and scarred for life". Jesus Christ.

Tomato juice does not work as well. But if you want to use gallons of the shit versus one little bottle of clear stuff, makes no difference to me. I will caution you that if your dog is white, he will end up pink. Now how are the other dogs in the neighborhood going to react to THAT?

HMMMMM? :)

Northern Girl
07-12-2006, 09:31 PM
I love Peppy Le Pew :D

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-12-2006, 09:52 PM
IT WAS A BLACK MAN!

Northern Girl
07-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
I bet Stoff will have a story to share, and I bet it will involve a gun. :eek: :p

Stoff let me down. I'm going to bed disappointed. :(

:p