PDA

View Full Version : Journey and lip-synching

Ellyllions
07-12-2006, 07:53 AM
Calm down! I know the worst thing about Journey is that they didn't do enough ballads...:D

Has anyone else heard the latest rumor about Journey's lead singer Steve Augeri lip synching?

I first heard about it on another message board. Seems the band was here in Raleigh on the 4th and Augeri was having a "hard time" so the drummer had to finish the vocals for the show. Two reports on that message board was that the drummer also sounded "just like Perry". Funny enough to me because of all the musicians I know, there aren't many who can pull off a Perry song because of Perry's amazing vocal abilities.

Anyway, I dug a little deeper and found this link:

http://forums.melodicrock.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=17003

What's raising an eyebrow with me is that this came out just after Journey announced that Augeri had to leave the tour due to a throat infection...

ThrillsNSpills
07-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Somewhere in an alternate universe they are screaming Perry or the Grave at the
Steve Perry Army.

Maybe Ashlee simpson can teach Augeri to do the hoedown.

But at least Perry is releasing a concert from 81 for their fans; meanwhile we just got 3 jems from Oakland.

Nickdfresh
07-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
Somewhere in an alternate universe they are screaming Perry or the Grave at the
Steve Perry Army.

Maybe Ashlee simpson can teach Augeri to do the hoedown.

But at least Perry is releasing a concert from 81 for their fans; meanwhile we just got 3 jems from Oakland.

:p

http://www.steveperryfanclub.homestead.com/

They used to have a chatroom.:(;)

Bill Lumbergh and I tried to get them to turn it into the "Steve Perry Army" complete with aggravating message board and a Steve Augeri Sheep PenŠ. But they didn't appreciate us very much.

bueno bob
07-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Deen Castronovo is a hometown buddy of mine...and he DOES sound exactly like Perry...so much so that he was singing "Suzanne" on the last tour...

He's a hell of a nice guy, too...

FORD
07-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Jeff Sucks Scrotum is so horrible that the Journey fans (all 4 of them that are left) will be willing to KILL to get Gary Cherone in the band by the end of the first show.

FORD
07-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Deen Castronovo is a hometown buddy of mine...and he DOES sound exactly like Perry...so much so that he was singing "Suzanne" on the last tour...

He's a hell of a nice guy, too...

Well, maybe if they could get Steve Smith back behind the drums, then Deen could sing?

Not that I give a shit one way or another. The only way I'd be intrested in seeing Journey live if it was a reunion of the Perry-Schon-Rolie-Valory-Smith lineup and they didn't play a single Jonathan Cain cheese ballad in the set.

monkeythe
07-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Journey Lip Syching? Hell the whole band didn't play their instruments. DOn't believe me, then check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwGdXZ6o2xs

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VwGdXZ6o2xs"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VwGdXZ6o2xs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

bueno bob
07-13-2006, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Well, maybe if they could get Steve Smith back behind the drums, then Deen could sing?

That'd be a remotely interesting turn of events, for sure...fans would probably be pleased, considering Deen's almost vocally identical to Steve Perry...knowing Deen, I doubt he'll ever get out from behind the kit, though...

But it still wouldn't be enough to make them relevant, even if...Journey's dead in the water anyway...

bueno bob
07-13-2006, 03:26 AM
Only good albums Jeff Scott Soto ever did were Yngwie's...

Everything else I've heard from him sucks...

FORD
07-13-2006, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Only good albums Jeff Scott Soto ever did were Yngwie's...

Everything else I've heard from him sucks...

Did you hear that Godawful "Kryst the Konqueror" thing he did with Jerry & Doyle?

bueno bob
07-13-2006, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Did you hear that Godawful "Kryst the Konqueror" thing he did with Jerry & Doyle?

Luckily enough, no...I've worked for YEARS to avoid it at all costs...

So far I've been lucky...

FORD
07-13-2006, 04:16 AM
Back when you could actually find MP3's of rare music online, I managed to find one of their songs.

Every thing horrible you could imagine... NewShits meet Hair Metal. Or worse yet, Christian Hair Metal, since that was the gimmick Jerry was trying to sell at the time.

You didn't miss much.

bueno bob
07-13-2006, 04:20 AM
So I've heard...

Jeff Scott Soto + God + Misfits = Disaster on wheels...

Never had any interest in tracking it down at all...

Although it's probably more interesting at this point than the Jerry Only Band Featuring a Veritible Revolving Door of Ex Members of Forgotten and Overshadowed 80's Punk Bands, er, I mean, "The Misfits"... :rolleyes:

:)