X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcook11
    Commando
    • Sep 2004

THE THING I HATE ABOUT BASEBALL

The designated hitter. Why? before the DH pitchers were no different than other players when it came to swinging the lumber Babe Ruth was not only a great hitter but also a pretty decent pitcher. All the DH Rule does IMO is water down the game.NUT UP PITCHERS AND GRAB A BAT DON'T BE A PUSSY!
  • vheddyrmv8
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2005

Yeah that sounds all nice and dandy but if you're playing and your tied in the bottom of the ninth with someone on third and 2 outs, I'd rathar have a DH up than a pitcher any day.
    http://www.geocities.com/vhcrossingover/talkinshit.jpg

Comment

• jcook11
      Commando
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by vheddyrmv8
      Yeah that sounds all nice and dandy but if you're playing and your tied in the bottom of the ninth with someone on third and 2 outs, I'd rathar have a DH up than a pitcher any day.
      What if that pitchers' name was George Herman Ruth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

DISCLAIMER: VA Beach VH Fan had nothing to do with the creation of this thread...
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Who cares. Bud Selig ruined the game.

DH doesn't matter either way.

Most NL fans say the DH sucks.

Most AL fans say pitcher's hitting sucks.

who cares.

There's a lot more in baseball that needs fixed than whether there's a dh or not...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

Baseball needs a Salary Cap,
            And until that happens, Baseball will continue to lose fans.

Bud Selig needs to have his ass fired, and Taglibue needs to be hired in his place.
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Start by fixing the fucking schedule!!!

There is nothing more boring than playing the

same teams week after week.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                There's a lot more in baseball that needs fixed than whether there's a dh or not...
                Do tell, do tell !!!!
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DlocRoth
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I personally don't think baseball NEEDS a salary cap.

Too drunk to expound. May do so later.

Seacrest.......OUT!
                  Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Well Va...you start with to many fucking teams...

and finish with fucking pussy commish's like Selig...

Start there...

get a commish that isn't owned by the owners...and things will fucking fix themselves.

Gotta break the union a bit though...which they don't have the balls to do...
                    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

DLoc...there's a part of me that says a hard cap is good for baseball...and a hard cap is bad...

It's not a large market fest year after year...but...

It's also damn near impossible for teams to put together continuous runs unless you are a big market team.

Either way...you have to start with a commisioner that can tell the owners to stick it up their ass...without fearing getting canned...

Comment

• jcook11
                        Commando
                        • Sep 2004

BUD SELIG MUST GO!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Like I've always said...having an owner (former owner now...but not when he was hired) as a commisioner is a fucking joke. And to top it all of, to watch him fuck up year after year after year...and basically...watch baseball transgressions go up...it's amazing to me that the owners sit and do nothing.

Comment

• jcook11
                            Commando
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                            Like I've always said...having an owner (former owner now...but not when he was hired) as a commisioner is a fucking joke. And to top it all of, to watch him fuck up year after year after year...and basically...watch baseball transgressions go up...it's amazing to me that the owners sit and do nothing.
                            Follow the money.

Comment

Working...