Days of the New singer Travis Meeks is a dead beat dad!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

Days of the New singer Travis Meeks is a dead beat dad!

Is this guy a dead beat dad?

Metal Sludge -- Hot off the social media wire, the band FireHouse will perform this weekend without their lead singer Cj Snare.Snare took to his official Facebook this morning and wrote: "So, I woke up this morning and was sick in my stomach. Headed to...

Travis Shane Meeks
    Owes over $10,881.00
    as of July 2, 2006
    Name: Travis Shane Meeks
    Date of birth: April 27, 1979
    Last known address: 2738 Beals Branch Drive, Louisville, Kentucky 40206
    Employment: Singer / Songwriter
    General Comments: Leader of the band "Days of the New" (Click to view website)
    Case number: 19-023.762.464

Interesting link here http://www.wantedposters.com/featureposter.htm

"The first Days of the New album, titled "Days of the New" but frequently called "Orange" after the color of the disc and liner notes, was released in 1997, selling 1.5 million copies worldwide. Three songs from this album were hits: "Touch, Peel & Stand", "The Down Town" and "Shelf in the Room". "Touch, Peel & Stand" was number one on Billboard's Rock Chart for 17 weeks; "The Down Town" and "Shelf in the Room" were each top 40 hits. Shortly after releasing the album, the band went on tour with Metallica.

Travis "Meeks had been in the running for the singer slot for the group of former Guns n' Roses players that has become Velvet Revolver, and is now fronted by Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland."

"the man who has produce three incredible albums and who also masterfully covered "L.A. Woman" and "The End" by the Doors"

Answers is the place to go to get the answers you need and to ask the questions you want

"After appearing on an episode of A&E's Intervention, where his family and friends convinced him to seek help for his addiction to crystal meth, Meeks entered rehab"

Well it sounds like some dirt on Travis Meeks has indeed hit the Internet!

AIN'T CRYSTAL METH FUN?!?
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

He should stay on meth.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Damn, are they still going?

Didn't they open for Metallica at some piont in the 90's?
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

That CRACK-HEAD fired the rest of the band Binnie...and they formed TANTRIC.....

He's a smart one that Travis!!!

Comment

• blueturk
          Veteran
          • Jul 2004

Another tongue-in-roof-of mouth Eddie Vedder imitator in the cock-sucking tradition of Scott Stapp. Fuck him.

Comment

• RuzDNailz
            Foot Soldier
            • Nov 2004

Yes it is true about Metallica touring with Days Of The New. I heard on the radio that before the band went on, James Hetfield and the guys trashed the stage and Travis had a nasty fit over it. I remember back in 1998 when the radio jockey announced that he was my age and had 4 kids already! Geez, talk about starting a new family when you are still in high school.

Comment

• RuzDNailz
              Foot Soldier
              • Nov 2004

See, Travis always had some kind of negativity in the press regarding many things. One being he got too big for the band and fired them citing that he 'did' everything and the bad did fuckall. One of those band leaders who manage to score many radio hits at a time and claim that 'he IS the band'. Shelf In The Room reminds me so much of that summer and it had great slide-guitar bits throughout it. The way I see it is this; Your ego grows WAY too quickly and you wind up fucking up everything you just achieved. A great future turned into a sour one. What a shame....

Comment

• RuzDNailz
                Foot Soldier
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by blueturk
                Another tongue-in-roof-of mouth Eddie Vedder imitator in the cock-sucking tradition of Scott Stapp. Fuck him.
                Now you know what killed most of the music from the very late 90's.
                If you can make that nasally voice going 'yeeeaaaahhh!' then you sum
                up what became of it. I blame most of that on Creed.

Comment

• MAPRamone
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by RuzDNailz
                  Now you know what killed most of the music from the very late 90's.
                  If you can make that nasally voice going 'yeeeaaaahhh!' then you sum
                  up what became of it. I blame most of that on Creed.
                  Lots of guys have been doing it. Eddie Vedder started the trend in rock in the early 90's and was soon followed by Scott Weiland of Stone Tempel Pilots. It was all downhill from there. Scott Stapp
                  is the worst offender. Strangely enough, while Vedder started the trend, i think the real originator of that vocal style was Cher!
                  dm/dt=kA (Cs-C)

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by MAPRamone
                    Lots of guys have been doing it. Eddie Vedder started the trend in rock in the early 90's and was soon followed by Scott Weiland of Stone Tempel Pilots. It was all downhill from there.

Sorry dude, Scott Weiland may be suckin' pretty bad in Velvet Turds but he was miles above these hacks back in the day. Scott and Stone Temple Pilots should never be mixed with these no talent shit heads in the same sentence. When he's on his game he's one of the most versatile singers out there.
                    [

Comment

• MAPRamone
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
                      Sorry dude, Scott Weiland may be suckin' pretty bad in Velvet Turds but he was miles above these hacks back in the day. Scott and Stone Temple Pilots should never be mixed with these no talent shit heads in the same sentence. When he's on his game he's one of the most versatile singers out there.
                      Just listen to the early STP stuff. He does a clear Vedder impression. Infact i recall Vedder telling Weiland something to the effect of ´Get your own gig man.´He's displayed far more versatility since then. Nevertheless i do recognize that STP and Weiland are about a dozen orders of magnitude beyond the shite Creed and Scott Stapp spewe(d).
                      dm/dt=kA (Cs-C)

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by MAPRamone
                        Just listen to the early STP stuff. He does a clear Vedder impression. Infact i recall Vedder telling Weiland something to the effect of ´Get your own gig man.´He's displayed far more versatility since then. Nevertheless i do recognize that STP and Weiland are about a dozen orders of magnitude beyond the shite Creed and Scott Stapp spewe(d).
                        Puhleease! I've been an STP fan from day one. I remember a similar comment from Vedder. He shouldn't have flattered himself! If Andrew Wood hadn't have died, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Wood was a true Roth disciple. Vedder just made a sinking ship go down even faster. (Maybe not in sales, but in creativity not to mention talent!)
                        Couldn't agree more about Scott Stapp.
                        Vedder aside, where in the world does Meeks even fit into this equation?
                        [

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                          Commando
                          • Apr 2006

Puhleease! I've been an STP fan from day one. I remember a similar comment from Vedder. He shouldn't have flattered himself! If Andrew Wood hadn't have died, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Wood was a true Roth disciple. Vedder just made a sinking ship go down even faster. (Maybe not in sales, but in creativity not to mention talent!)
                          Couldn't agree more about Scott Stapp.
                          Vedder aside, where in the world does Meeks even fit into this equation?
                          And before anybody reminds me, I know Pearl Jam wasn't Mother Love Bone Mark II. However, without MLB and the death of Andrew Wood, there would have never been a PJ...and the would would've been a more pleasant place, least for me.
                          [

Comment

• MAPRamone
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jun 2006

And before anybody reminds me, I know Pearl Jam wasn't Mother Love Bone Mark II. However, without MLB and the death of Andrew Wood, there would have never been a PJ...and the would would've been a more pleasant place, least for me.
                            I still think there are definite similarities between Weiland's early vocal style and Vedder's. Having said that' i've never been a Pearl Jam fan. PJ and Vedder are completely disposable to me.
                            dm/dt=kA (Cs-C)

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

Pardon kids....it's aboot Travis Meeks...who does suffer from the dreaded "Vedder-Jaw"....

A bunch of those dudes tried to sound like Eddie Vedder...they just had HOOKS in their music.....

Let's stay on topic......

Comment

Working...