PDA

View Full Version : megadeth - remastered vs original

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-18-2006, 07:10 AM
which do you prefer and why? should i download the originals as FLACs? is it that much of a difference from the remastered (what i own)?

Mr. Vengeance
07-18-2006, 06:10 PM
As someone who bought a remastered version of Risk(on sale cheap)..it's not worth it. Very little difference in sound quality.

spanishfly48
07-18-2006, 07:25 PM
I would say it depends, on the older stuff there is a large difference, but you already own the remasters, so you aren't going to get any better quality, the songs are just rougher. for some examples try clips of the versions of songs on the Capitol Punishment CD

DirtyOwl
07-18-2006, 07:52 PM
I purchased the majority of the re-masters and I have to say I'm pissed off that I wasted my money. Dave re-did many of the vocals and there have been many noticeable changes in certain songs. If you know the original releases well the re-masters will bother you. By all means do not get Killing is my business!! These Boots has entire passages of the song bleeped out, and I have the explicit warning label copy. Dave says in the liner notes the the original author of the song didn't like Dave's lyrical additions and would not let him release them as on the original form. I thank god I still have all my original copies. Let this be a warning!!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-19-2006, 12:14 AM
Well.... price isn't an issue here. Would you guys recommend that I download the originals?

Unchainme
07-19-2006, 12:33 AM
I liked the orignals better, The Remastered just sounded to new to me. I mean, they are still good, but the orignal versions were so much better sounding.

EbDawson
07-19-2006, 01:53 AM
Peace Sells was in need of remastering, especially My Last Words. Sounds great. Why anyone would buy the remastered RISK, I'm not sure.

EbDawson
07-19-2006, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
Well.... price isn't an issue here.

Must be nice. :D

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-19-2006, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson
Must be nice. :D

I didn't mean to sound like I'm loaded or something! I could afford to buy the albums, but I have torrent accounts and a usenet feed. Pointless!

EbDawson
07-19-2006, 02:17 AM
Oh. OK. :D

Panamark
07-19-2006, 02:19 AM
Didnt they release a 5.1 version of Peace Sells ???

That would be killer...

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-19-2006, 02:30 AM
peace sells is my 2nd favorite deth album. I'm just debating if it's worth redownloading for a different (original) mix.

binnie
07-19-2006, 04:49 AM
Remastering makes a difference on the older records.

Personally I think it did Killing is my business a world of favours, it sounds fantastic now.

Also, it put more bass frequencies on the older records, just gave the sound a bit of a kick without detracting from the rawness and savergy of the originals.

It is true that Dave had to re-do some of the vocals as the originals got wiped during the process. Sometimes that is noticeable.

But on the albums after Countdown, you ain't gonna notice much difference.

I wish Metallica would remaster Justice, and turn the fuckin bass up!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Remastering makes a difference on the older records.

Personally I think it did Killing is my business a world of favours, it sounds fantastic now.

Also, it put more bass frequencies on the older records, just gave the sound a bit of a kick without detracting from the rawness and savergy of the originals.

It is true that Dave had to re-do some of the vocals as the originals got wiped during the process. Sometimes that is noticeable.

But on the albums after Countdown, you ain't gonna notice much difference.

I wish Metallica would remaster Justice, and turn the fuckin bass up!

The first time i popped in a remaster, i sung Bestow upon me knowledge!!!!!!! And then i was thinking wtf? Bestow upon me "magic"? The new vocals sound cool in their own right, but dave should have got the lyrics right! Can you imagine our Dave going through the VH1 catalog and tampering?

bastardog
07-19-2006, 10:52 AM
If price is not an issue........just got the two versions
the original rough one
and the remastered bass-up one

In my personal op. I like the remaster of Killing is my Business....except that the last song was mostly complete blocked with "beeps"
with Peace Sells the sound was improved......I can't say that I notice a change in lyrics because I haven't heard both versions very close one to another.
... but I can say that lyrics are more clear for sure on the rematered ones

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-19-2006, 10:54 AM
<I> Bestow upon me knowledge wizard all knowing all wise</i>

<i>Bestow upon me magic wizard all knowing all wise</i>

That was the biggest change to me. I was outraged about that song because that's probably one of my favorite Deth tunes.

bastardog
07-19-2006, 11:02 AM
I haven't noticed that... :( shit
recently I just chanks the music withouth listening close the lyrics

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by bastardog
I haven't noticed that... :( shit
recently I just chanks the music withouth listening close the lyrics

That is a HUGE change if you are used to a song a certain way.

bastardog
07-19-2006, 11:06 AM
thats because I can shut down my mental english translator.
I can do it too with my spanish translator but take me more time.

I wish to know if everybody that understand at least two languages can do that same thing (shutting down mentally the interpretation of one language while listening music or any other stuff)

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-19-2006, 11:10 AM
i'm learning spanish right now, and i'm probably going to take some night classes at UCF for russian. I've been studying some on my own and I've loved what I've seen.

bastardog
07-19-2006, 11:10 AM
That is a HUGE change if you are used to a song a certain way.

I know...... it sucks

bastardog
07-19-2006, 11:15 AM
i'm learning spanish right now, and i'm probably going to take some night classes at UCF for russian. I've been studying some on my own and I've loved what I've seen.

what you have seen?

spanish is my first languange....I learned english (still there some words and verbs and other stuff that I don't use well) while on school and while working

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-19-2006, 11:18 AM
i love the sound of it and cases are fun... i also think the <a href="http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfabeto_cir%C3%ADlico">alphabet</a> is pretty cool looking.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-19-2006, 12:11 PM
http://rapidshare.de/files/26304614/Megadeth.torrent.html

azereus torrent link. complete remastered discog of megadeth, except KIMB, which is original FLACS.

Mr. Vengeance
07-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Peace Sells was in need of remastering, especially My Last Words. Sounds great. Why anyone would buy the remastered RISK, I'm not sure.
As I said, it was cheap...I had heard from a "reliable" source that the remaster made the songs heavier. Not a fucking thing was different. Crush 'Em is still lame , and the album as a whole was still weak, thin and wimpy.

I'll tell you what- my old freaking cassette of Killing is My Business sounds better than Risk (either version)...tape hiss and all.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
As I said, it was cheap...I had heard from a "reliable" source that the remaster made the songs heavier. Not a fucking thing was different. Crush 'Em is still lame , and the album as a whole was still weak, thin and wimpy.

I'll tell you what- my old freaking cassette of Killing is My Business sounds better than Risk (either version)...tape hiss and all.

i have kimb in lossless flac! :)

MERRYKISSMASS2U
10-29-2006, 04:12 PM
After reviewing both versions, I'll have to say that I like the originals a lot more.

Dave's Bitch
10-29-2006, 04:38 PM
original

MERRYKISSMASS2U
10-29-2006, 07:18 PM

Why would anyone buy Risk at all?

Dave's Bitch
10-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Why would anyone buy Risk at all?

to complete the cool picture of Vic on the side of all the remastered versions

MERRYKISSMASS2U
10-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
to complete the cool picture of Vic on the side of all the remastered versions

errr....no.