PDA

View Full Version : Now HOLY JOE might run as a fucking REPUBLICAN!

FORD
07-19-2006, 04:21 PM
CT-SEN: Will Lieberman Rule Out Accepting GOP Line?
By Greg Sargent | bio

Yesterday we brought you word that some Republicans in Connecticut think it would be a good idea to offer their line to Joe Lieberman if he loses the Dem primary to Ned Lamont and if current GOP candidate Alan Schlesinger can be given the push.

This is of course a pretty far-fetched scenario. But then again, everything about this race has been far-fetched.

So today Election Central has just posed a simple question to the Lieberman campaign:

Will Lieberman or will he not rule out running on the GOP line if he loses to Lamont in August and it's offered to him?

This is fairly straightforward: Yes, or no? Which is it?

The question has been posed to Lieberman campaign deputy press secretary Noah Kores, and the campaign is mulling it.

Election Central will let you know when -- or if -- we get an answer. Don't touch that dial.

LINK (http://www.tpmcafe.com/blog/electioncentral/2006/jul/19/ct_sen_will_lieberman_rule_out_accepting_gop_line)

jcook11
07-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Too wishy washy ....but then again he is a politician, most of these people would say anything to get elected and we all know it.

matt19
07-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Is it just me or do you guys support anyone? Or do you just rip everyone down from your livingroom/parents basement?

diamondD
07-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Funny how the main supporters of the guy running against Joe are from out of state. Streisand is one of his main contributors. Vote against the liberal line and they are on you like a pack of dogs.

Big Train
07-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Maybe he is like a veteran major leaguer...just wants to be on a winning team for once before he retires...

FORD
07-20-2006, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
Maybe he is like a veteran major leaguer...just wants to be on a winning team for once before he retires...

Then he should have picked a fucking team before the election started and stayed with it.

To use your baseball analogy, Joe's trying to be on the Yankees, White Sox and Mariners all at the same time, with the option to switch teams at will whenever one of them wins the pennant.

And of course, you can't do that in baseball or politics.

LoungeMachine
07-20-2006, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Then he should have picked a fucking team before the election started and stayed with it.

To use your baseball analogy, Joe's trying to be on the Yankees, White Sox and Mariners all at the same time, with the option to switch teams at will whenever one of them wins the pennant.

And of course, you can't do that in baseball or politics.

Especially on The Mariners ;)

FORD
07-20-2006, 10:25 AM
Hey, this is Lieberman we're talking about. Maybe he thinks it's still 1995?

EAT MY ASSHOLE
07-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Hello? The article is all rumor and conjecture.

And I wouldn't rule out the posssibility that it was planted by Lamont's campaign. Typical Leftie dirty politics. Thank God my fellow USA-loving beloved Republicans would never stoop to anything so crass and low.

Nickdfresh
07-20-2006, 10:55 AM
http://images.dailykos.com/images/user/3/liebadmerkel.JPG.jpg

LoungeMachine
07-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Hello? The article is all rumor and conjecture.

Shit you say!!!!!!!!

:eek:

Well, by gum....

We'll have none of that in this forum. :rolleyes:

FORD
07-20-2006, 10:50 PM
Apparently Jeff "Bulldog" Gannon is now Holy Joe's webmasterbator.......
http://www.takeyourcountryback.com/BLOG/joementum.jpg

Cathedral
07-21-2006, 04:25 AM
You all act as if there is a difference between a Republican and a Democrat.

Maybe 10 years ago there was, but today it's like the difference between two identical gonads. One swings to the left while the other swings to the right...but they still occupy the same sack.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
07-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
You all act as if there is a difference between a Republican and a Democrat.

Maybe 10 years ago there was, but today it's like the difference between two identical gonads. One swings to the left while the other swings to the right...but they still occupy the same sack.

You're wrong. Yes, in many ways the democrats have homogenized themselves to be like Republicans, but two things I can guarantee had there been Dems been in control of the White House or one or both houses:

1) There never would have been a veto on federal funding on stem-cell research. Depening on how you feel about that, you're either on your knees praising God that W is our president or completely befuddled in the knowledge that other nations will press ahead and take the lead in the advances this research is going to bring about.

2) There wouldn't be such overwhelming discussion on repealing the estate tax in the same week as rejecting measures to increase the federal minimum wage. Depending on your tax bracket, this is either wonderful or disgusting news.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
07-21-2006, 11:36 AM
P.s. Bill Clinton himself has come out in support of Lieberman. Choke on that.

Nickdfresh
07-21-2006, 12:15 PM
You're wrong. Yes, in many ways the democrats have homogenized themselves to be like Republicans, but two things I can guarantee had there been Dems been in control of the White House or one or both houses:

1) There never would have been a veto on federal funding on stem-cell research. Depening on how you feel about that, you're either on your knees praising God that W is our president or completely befuddled in the knowledge that other nations will press ahead and take the lead in the advances this research is going to bring about.

2) There wouldn't be such overwhelming discussion on repealing the estate tax in the same week as rejecting measures to increase the federal minimum wage. Depending on your tax bracket, this is either wonderful or disgusting news.

You forgot that there would have been no costly invasion of Iraq...

EAT MY ASSHOLE
07-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
You forgot that there would have been no costly invasion of Iraq...

Yes there would have been. Clinton set that up himself with the measures he enacted when he was president.

Iraq - like korea - was in the works for YEARS before it actually happened.

Nickdfresh
07-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Yes there would have been. Clinton set that up himself with the measures he enacted when he was president.

Iraq - like korea - was in the works for YEARS before it actually happened.

Oh c'mon, there is absolutely no evidence of that, other than AIPAC began their lobbying of self-destructive policies under Clinton, and Gore would have bought into that B.S. even less...