PDA

View Full Version : 30 years for helping Al Qeada.

thome
07-24-2006, 02:47 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/20/terror.trial.ap/index.html

Homeland security works.

NEW YORK (AP) -- A Pakistani man convicted of agreeing to help an al Qaeda operative with terrorist plans sneak into the United States was sentenced Thursday to 30 years in federal prison.

Judge Sidney H. Stein said Uzair Paracha knew what he was doing when he agreed to help a former Baltimore, Maryland resident trying to sneak back into the United States from Pakistan.

His father, Saifullah Paracha, is being held as an enemy combatant at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. He has denied involvement in terrorism, though documents indicate he is suspected of laundering money for terrorists and associating with al Qaeda figures.

The government said Majid Khan plotted with al Qaeda leaders to bomb underground storage tanks in gas stations in Maryland, and enlisted Uzair Paracha to pose as Khan so he could obtain immigration documents necessary for Khan to re-enter the United States. Khan never made it into the country and the attack never took place.

Nickdfresh
07-24-2006, 06:08 PM
So the Feds managed to find a single, incompetent terrorist? Stop the presses! It's a good thing we're surrendering our civil liberties for the few, disorganized, unarmed "terra-ists."

jcook11
07-24-2006, 06:12 PM
This poor bastard thought he was helping Al Franken ...not Quaeda.

jcook11
07-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
So the Feds managed to find a single, incompetent terrorist? Stop the presses! It's a good thing we're surrendering our civil liberties for the few, disorganized, unarmed "terra-ists."

Just what civil liberties have you given up Nick? What do the
"terra-ists" have to do to get your attention?

thome
07-24-2006, 11:03 PM

i AM possitive.... HE IS NOT THO ONLY ONE IN THE COURTS, WHO WILL BE IN THE COURTS AND WHO WILL GET CAUGHT, BEFORE THE
END OF THIS BULLSHIT.

ps are you defending this fukstick..?

I know your not, just a lil tiffed at your statement.

Cathedral
07-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by jcook11

Good questions, but don't expect an answer to either that doesn't lay everything at the feet of the Bush Administration.

60 years of failed policy never seems to be entered into the equation.

But to acknowledge any of that would mean they would have to understand WHY our troops are deployed they way they have been historically and WHY we must continue down the path we are currently on.

Admitting fault won't diminish the reality of what must be done now, and they would have to support Bush and his actions.
Even if Bush came right out and said all the conspiracies were true it wouldn't change the reality we face now or in the future.

However, it would lead to where they are ultimately focused on, re-gaining the power which would then be used to appease those who have nothing more in their heads than strapping on a bomb and walking into your local mall.

I might just vote Democrat out of curiosity of how they would handle things. it would be suicide in my opinion but what the hell...I don't care if i live another day or not, i just don't want to leave my daughter alone in this world.

Ultimately, I'm just fed up with the horse shit mentality of this modern world.

jcook11
07-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Good questions, but don't expect an answer to either that doesn't lay everything at the feet of the Bush Administration.

60 years of failed policy never seems to be entered into the equation.

But to acknowledge any of that would mean they would have to understand WHY our troops are deployed they way they have been historically and WHY we must continue down the path we are currently on.

Admitting fault won't diminish the reality of what must be done now, and they would have to support Bush and his actions.
Even if Bush came right out and said all the conspiracies were true it wouldn't change the reality we face now or in the future.

However, it would lead to where they are ultimately focused on, re-gaining the power which would then be used to appease those who have nothing more in their heads than strapping on a bomb and walking into your local mall.

I might just vote Democrat out of curiosity of how they would handle things. it would be suicide in my opinion but what the hell...I don't care if i live another day or not, i just don't want to leave my daughter alone in this world.

Ultimately, I'm just fed up with the horse shit mentality of this modern world.

"Buy ya a drink sailor"? :bottle: :D

ELVIS
07-24-2006, 11:40 PM
Just what civil liberties have you given up Nick?

He's just reciting liberal talking points while doing his best FORD impression...

How entertaining...:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
07-24-2006, 11:42 PM
This poor bastard thought he was helping Al Franken ...not Quaeda.

WTF does that even mean?

Oh, gee, the right not to have my fucking phone tapped by the NSA, my IP given to the Feds via my service-provider and phone records given via my phone provider, to have my mail & bank records seized via blanket "National Security Letters" with no recourse, etc.

Wake up you stupid, uninformed bitches!! If this were Clinton in the White House, you'd be bitching about your guns being taken away by "jack-booted federal thugs."

Cathedral
07-24-2006, 11:42 PM
"Buy ya a drink sailor"? :bottle: :D

Sure, i'll have an RC and Coke, thank you... ;)

Nickdfresh
07-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by thome
i AM possitive.... HE IS NOT THO ONLY ONE IN THE COURTS, WHO WILL BE IN THE COURTS AND WHO WILL GET CAUGHT, BEFORE THE
END OF THIS BULLSHIT.

ps are you defending this fukstick..?

I know your not, just a lil tiffed at your statement.

Thome, go back to the refrigerator and grab another cold one from your Lone Star 12-pack, and try not to hurt your little pea-brain...

Nickdfresh
07-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
He's just reciting liberal talking points while doing his best FORD impression...

How entertaining...:rolleyes:

Me Elvis, me smart.

Another monsyllabic, one line, rant from the village idiot.

How entertaining...

Cathedral
07-24-2006, 11:57 PM
WTF does that even mean?

Oh, gee, the right not to have my fucking phone tapped by the NSA, my IP given to the Feds via my service-provider and phone records given via my phone provider, to have my mail & bank records seized via blanket "National Security Letters" with no recourse, etc.

Wake up you stupid, uninformed bitches!! If this were Clinton in the White House, you'd be bitching about your guns being taken away by "jack-booted federal thugs."

Nick, do you use a cordless/wireless phone?
I can listen to anyone's conversations with a $200 scanner on either device.

Nick, can some smart ass hacker get into your bank records and steal your identity?
or view your email?

I could do all of the above long before Bush came along, pal.

The only people who have to worry about losing their freedoms are those who are engaged in unlawful acts. on this particular issue the only thing that has changed is that it is now legal for them to do it.

Nickdfresh
07-25-2006, 12:01 AM

Nick, can some smart ass hacker get into your bank records and steal your identity?
or view your email?

The only people who have to worry about losing their freedoms are those who are engaged in unlawful acts. on this particular issue the only thing that has changed is that it is now legal for them to do it.

But they can't prosecute you on trumped up charges the minute the Gov't believes they can turn fascist... That's the difference!

Cathedral
07-25-2006, 12:07 AM
But they can't prosecute you on trumped up charges the minute the Gov't believes they can turn fascist... That's the difference!

That's true, i agree there is an opportunity for corruption as with any office in government. I just don't know of anyone who has been prosecuted on trumped up charges yet.

I'm on record as saying i don't like these changes in the past and i still stand by that.
but i'm hard pressed to make a claim that I have personally lost anything because of it.

That's all i'm saying.

jcook11
07-25-2006, 12:10 AM

When they try and prosecute YOU Nick....give us a call and we'll try and find you sound legal counsel.

Cathedral
07-25-2006, 12:17 AM
When they try and prosecute YOU Nick....give us a call and we'll try and find you sound legal counsel.

And i'll pay the retainer, we can't have the Frontline without Nick.

He's a great Lightning Rod in this forum.

Nickdfresh
07-25-2006, 12:19 AM
...but i'm hard pressed to make a claim that I have personally lost anything because of it.

That's all i'm saying.

The problem is, you don't know it until it's gone...

They aren't going to tell you...

And the reason I'm skeptical of this kind of shit is that we had a local case of "The Lackawanna Six (Buffalo Cell)," which turned out not to be this terrorist cabal cell, but a bunch of dumb Yemeni-Americans that had once visited camps in Afghanistan. There was, and is, no evidence they had any plans, equipment, nor organization, yet they're in jail for like 10-years for a mistake they made and mainly trumped up charges and innuendo..

Nickdfresh
07-25-2006, 12:20 AM

I know where to go...

Cathedral
07-25-2006, 12:23 AM
The problem is, you don't know it until it's gone...

They aren't going to tell you...

And the reason I'm skeptical of this kind of shit is that we had a local case of "The Lackawanna Six (Buffalo Cell)," which turned out not to be this terrorist cabal cell, but a bunch of dumb Yemeni-Americans that had once visited camps in Afghanistan. There was, and is, no evidence they had any plans, equipment, nor organization, yet they're in jail for like 10-years for a mistake they made and mainly trumped up charges and innuendo..

Point taken...

FORD
07-25-2006, 01:14 AM

yep, just a matter of knowing which diode to cut....

Oh, did I just say that out loud.....:angel:

Cathedral
07-25-2006, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by FORD
yep, just a matter of knowing which diode to cut....

Oh, did I just say that out loud.....:angel:

2 years of electronics comes in handy.
but it isn't a matter of cutting diodes, it's all in the chip you install, ;)

It's no big secret, Radio Shack has everything you need to get any and all frequencies known to man.

I didn't just buy this thing to listen to Nascar while at the track.
I have found out just what several neighbors think of me and many others they pretend to like.

FORD
07-25-2006, 02:28 AM
2 years of electronics comes in handy.
but it isn't a matter of cutting diodes, it's all in the chip you install, ;)

It's no big secret, Radio Shack has everything you need to get any and all frequencies known to man.

I didn't just buy this thing to listen to Nascar while at the track.
I have found out just what several neighbors think of me and many others they pretend to like.

It was probably the early 1990's the last time I tried anything like that with a scanner. With this one, it had one diode which filtered out cordless phone frequencies, and naturally it wasn't in any main path of the circuit, so you didn't even have to wire around it. I actually couldn't believe they would make it that easy to eavesdrop on phone calls.

I've got this old scanner collecting dust, and can't even remember where I got it from. Maybe I should test it's limits ;)

Cathedral
07-25-2006, 03:35 AM
Oh yeah, man, everything is plug and play now.
It's just a matter of what frequency you want, you buy the chip and stick it in there, your done.

Trunked Frequencies however are much harder to scan unless you are in the group that uses them.

Cordless phones would benefit from using them but, i don't know if the amount of traffic could be accomodated by the limited frequencies being conserved.

ODShowtime
07-25-2006, 07:28 AM

or view your email?

you are missing the point entirely on this Cat