PDA

View Full Version : Pat Travers

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 07:01 PM
just fiddlin' with my transfers from LP to CD! can't get the tone just right! Here's a treat for ya! Two songs of Pat's BLACK PEARL album!

http://media.putfile.com/AMGAWANNA-KICK-BOOTY

ELVIS
07-27-2006, 07:10 PM
The tone is awful...

You're doing something wrong...

No low end whatsoever...

ELVIS
07-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Check this out...

Who is the guitarist with the Stratocaster ??

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lq3FERQ3_EM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lq3FERQ3_EM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:elvis:

guwapo_rocker
07-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Jerry Riggs?

ELVIS
07-27-2006, 07:31 PM
No, I don't think so...

thome
07-27-2006, 07:39 PM
DT, since i ain't so internet lingo smart. Are you doing this conversion
or dupe or ? from LP to CD Digital thu a second party on the net..?

There is solid technology hardware for your home that you can acomplish this with.Or is it pricey..?

Im a little lost on this..?

guwapo_rocker
07-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
No, I don't think so...

Michael Lee Firkins?

ELVIS
07-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by thome

There is solid technology hardware for your home that you can acomplish this with.Or is it pricey..?

A little ??

You're completely lost on everything, but that's a different topic...

I use a Creative Labs sound card like this (http://cgi.ebay.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-Audigy-2-ZS-Platinum-Audio-Card_W0QQitemZ170012349387QQihZ007QQcategoryZ44981 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)...

ELVIS
07-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Michael Lee Firkins?

Possibly, but I'm not sure...

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 08:58 PM
The tone is awful...

You're doing something wrong...

No low end whatsoever...

yeah that was raw ... I guess I need to tweek the bass end some and clean it up ALOT! I got this $40 program to clean up the albums and a new $40 needle for my 1980's Technics turntable but these albums have been played until the grooves are gone! Thanks for the patience and the video! Those where some fun times in my life ... the PT SHOWS!

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Wow I didn't listen to the downloaded file it sounded worse than my original rip!

My guess it's it's Jerry from the HOTSHOT tour! I remember that show ... they came out all glammed out! Here's Jerry from the HOTSHOT liner!

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/DTSKYNYRD/jerry.jpg

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 09:27 PM
It was always cool them rippin' back and forth on guitars!

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 09:44 PM
DT, since i ain't so internet lingo smart. Are you doing this conversion
or dupe or ? from LP to CD Digital thu a second party on the net..?

I have a stak o' vinyl so I went to Best Buy and got a $6 RCA adapter and plugged my turntable directly to my PC! While at Best Buy I got this $40 program to reduse noise and make adjustments and what not! I haven't gotten into the changing of the tones ... obviously!

ELVIS
07-27-2006, 09:51 PM
I guess it is Jerry Riggs...

Dude, the Creative Labs products work awesome...

You can even enhance the quality of an MP3 which really works well...

I recorded, eq'd and enhanced the audio from several YouTube clips with GRATE results...

ELVIS
07-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
I have a stak o' vinyl so I went to Best Buy and got a $6 RCA adapter and plugged my turntable directly to my PC!

That will work for a cassette player, but not a turntable...

A turntable requires a preamp for the cartridge...

Now, you may be able to run the turntable into your stereo reciever (which should have the appropriate preamp, either ceramic or magnetic) then from there into your $6 RCA adapter, but your results will still be poor compared to what I suggested with the creative product...

thome
07-27-2006, 10:13 PM
A little ??

You're completely lost on everything, but that's a different topic...

I use a Creative Labs sound card like this (http://cgi.ebay.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-Audigy-2-ZS-Platinum-Audio-Card_W0QQitemZ170012349387QQihZ007QQcategoryZ44981 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)...

When it comes to someone who knows what they are talking about, and i can see that, i listen.

When they are a blind idiot spouting BS and i can see that i don't listen.

I have always listend when you and a few others around here talk Audio /Video Shop.

Nuff Said.:cool:

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 10:22 PM
That will work for a cassette player, but not a turntable...

A turntable requires a preamp for the cartridge...

Now, you may be able to run the turntable into your stereo reciever (which should have the appropriate preamp, either ceramic or magnetic) then from there into your $6 RCA adapter, but your results will still be poor compared to what I suggested with the creative product...

That's what I thought until I plugged it in without my amp! It plays the same way the cassette did. Suprised me to I guess the soundcard works as a reciever!?

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 10:23 PM
BUT I bet that why it sounds like SHIT!

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 10:24 PM
....DT scurries around office to hook up amp that has been tossed aside!

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah I wanna get the AUDIO LAB next!

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 10:28 PM
I got this .... a bag o' rocks! ;)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7299764&type=product&id=1118841747143

ELVIS
07-27-2006, 10:28 PM

Nuff Said.:cool:

And I also like to push peoples buttons...;)

thome
07-27-2006, 10:30 PM
I have a stak o' vinyl so I went to Best Buy and got a $6 RCA adapter and plugged my turntable directly to my PC! While at Best Buy I got this $40 program to reduse noise and make adjustments and what not! I haven't gotten into the changing of the tones ... obviously!

The reason i brought my question up is a lot of Audio Heads, i have spoken with say you will never find the sound you need or the Video
you need in the digitising of your old LP's and VHS,

They all say buy new .My theory has always been it's a good learning experience, I'm all for that and some of the stuff we all have may be out of circulation, unatainable, lost, whatever.

So ,I have always been into the idea of doing what your doing if not for just to -learn some interesting stuff -but clean up a little, some of my old recordings.

Thanks for the info.

I agree with Elvis from what i've heard you will need a Pre-Amp of some sort to get decent Audio into the Hard drive then a good sound card and software to get further..

about the limit of my knowlege..
:eek:

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 10:30 PM
38 professional studio effects,

Cool I havent even found those yet! I usually teach myself this stuff by trial and error! Error like you heard up the with my Pat debacle!

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 10:34 PM
My theory has always been it's a good learning experience, I'm all for that and some of the stuff we all have may be out of circulation, unatainable, lost, whatever.

So ,I have always been into the idea of doing what your doing if not for just to -learn some interesting stuff -but clean up a little, some of my old recordings.

Tha's about it in a nuggetshell! I am just having fun. After I got it working it's like o.k. now what's next to mess with!

Also I would like some miracle to make my karaoke tapes sound bearable! :D

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 10:36 PM
I just wanna listen to "FLYIN' TURKEY TROT" in my truck damnit! And I can't find myself buying another REO disc ... nope I won't be seen buying REO! There ya'll happy ... the truth is out! :D

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 10:44 PM
The second kid here .... trippin' balls! Look at his pupils!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zhjp9e4ZRGs"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zhjp9e4ZRGs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

thome
07-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Oh yeah, all of the personal Audio i have hosted on the net has been reduced in quality 50% by the hosting site, i don't know if it's a
copyrite protection, or just poor audio quality replay, from the site.

Due to -steaming/band width- power availability at free sites..????

It sounds great on my pc playback from the hosting site sounds off buy a mile.

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Damn that's always been the gayest fucking song! DT shuffles for some FAIR WARNING or something!

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Oh yeah, all of the personal Audio i have hosted on the net

Did I miss a memo? Was there any karaoke?

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 10:58 PM
OK ... that's right ... my stereo has no outputs on it other than speaker wires!

thome
07-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Everytime i Karaoke it's to The Ballad of New Orleans with three or four other drunken bums.The chicks dig it......... cause thier drunk..lol

I've never hosted -ME- cause I'm just too talented and the record companies would be bangin down the door and i don't need that!!
I am quiet happy being the Head Fry-o-later chef at Texas Toms.

15 more years and i can retire..LOL

Has hooking up the Amp helped..?

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 11:02 PM
And apparantitaly I did not take good care of some of my albums when I was playin' the hell out of em! Turkey Trot is scratched to hell! Hey is that Napster Guy still around?

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 11:04 PM
I am going to take this terrible version I have just transfered, WITHOUT my amp, and build a masterpiece ... probably not but I'll have fun tryin' anyway!

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Oh I see why I liked this TROT song ... it sequed into GARY's SOLO! Then there's 157 Riverside Ave. I might have to by this cd. Did I just say that?

thome
07-27-2006, 11:08 PM
What was that old deal in the 70's when we used to send in a -Dime -
and you would sign up to this record club, they sent you 9 *free*? tapes and the you were liable to buy one a month for a year or something..?

This buddy of mine used to use a fake name and then move to another appt address -Cheatin Bastard-!! had more music than anyone in the whole complex..lol

ELVIS
07-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Is Flyin' Turkey Trot the correct name of the song ??

Never heard of it...

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 11:15 PM
With those clubs I would sign up ... get the disc ... buy the others ... that is only fair! then it gets fun ... I would sign up again using a false name and tell them Douglas T. referred them and Douglas T. would get three free disc ... they also beg you to "stay on" by gining you even better deals!
uh oh ... Here's this break in Riverside Ave playin ... bass line .... "just the other day .... you probably remember it well .. I call Gary up on the phone and he said .... WHHhhhhhhHhAAAAAA..... then I said Doo Doo doo doo doo diiddlle ddiddle dit!"

thome
07-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Saw REO five/six times -good live show in the late-mid, 70's-.

No Girl ever said no, to REO live..

Tools Baby.................. It's all About the TOOLS!

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 11:27 PM
This lil ol band called VAN HALEN made things nice too!

Douglas T.
07-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Brought up the bass and reduced some crackles ... still no amp .... three blast from the past! had to cut out some of trot already! Just practicing I guess ... most my albums seem to be well used! :D Lots of guitars anyway! cleans up a bit into the last two songs!

http://media.putfile.com/REO-with-crackles

Douglas T.
07-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Now let's end this music editing commercial and get back to our regularly scheduled jam! Here's some more music that runs in my viens and makes little bumps on my skin!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c-pCXcbvpn4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c-pCXcbvpn4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Douglas T.
07-28-2006, 12:17 AM
Is that Mars?

Diamondjimi
07-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Getiin back to Travers......... Fav. album : Heat in the Street
Pat Thrall + Travers , tight funky, and downright lethal . Aldridge and Cowling ,insane rythm section....

DT , you're a ringer for "Tommy Bradford" (8 is Enough)sirca '77 LOL!

Douglas T.
07-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Man!! You people that can make those guitars sound like that ROCK!

Douglas T.
07-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Pat Thrall + Travers , tight funky, and downright lethal . Aldridge and Cowling ,insane rythm section....

DT , you're a ringer for "Tommy Bradford" (8 is Enough)sirca '77 LOL!

That is a first! Wait until I change it with my High School Grad pic ... then I'm sure I'll get some flac!

Diamondjimi
07-28-2006, 12:56 AM
That is a first! Wait until I change it with my High School Grad pic ... then I'm sure I'll get some flac!

:D LOL!

Douglas T.
07-28-2006, 08:17 AM
Is Flyin' Turkey Trot the correct name of the song ??

Never heard of it...

YES SIR! First son side 3 of YOU GET WHAT YOU PLAY FOR! I always liked that whole side! The end is up there at the begining of the clip in post #41! It's actually called "FlyinG Turkey Trot!"

Douglas T.
07-28-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi

One GRATE album!

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/DTSKYNYRD/PT.jpg

Douglas T.
07-28-2006, 08:46 AM
I was present at this recording! :cool: the old Beacham Theater! Saw lot's of bands there .... first place I met Phil Lewis of LA GUNS! Phil stumbles out of the backstage bathroom and has to lean against the wall. Obviously just did something in the bathroom! Grabs my LP and just stares at it! "Awesome" he mumbles as he signs my album!

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n137/DTSKYNYRD/PT2.jpg

diamondsgirl
07-28-2006, 09:25 AM
DT...is that you in your avatar?

LOVE the hair!!!

Hardrock69
07-28-2006, 11:55 AM
I will never buy any Creative Technologies products again as long as I live.

I fell for the hype and bought am X-Fi Platinum card a couple of months ago. It makes so much noise it is pathetic.

They only 3 weeks ago released the first REAL updated driver to try to fix the "issues" that line of cards has been having.

Their support forums on their website are loaded down with thousands of people cursing Creative for releasing such shit products.

They suck.

Period.

Hardrock69
07-28-2006, 12:00 PM
As for Pat Travers, I have seen him probably 8 or 9 times in clubs, arenas and stadiums.

I once hitchiked from Wichita, Kansas to Oklahoma City because Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow was on tour with Pat, and at that time I had never seen Ritchie play live (this was in the early 80s).

Ignorant of who was the headliner, I was shocked to arrive at the venue 20 minutes after the show started only to discover that Rainbow was the OPENING ACT! I felt it was blasphemy....that Pat Travers should be opening for Blackmore.

I watched the last 30 minutes of Rainbow's set, and another 30 minutes of Pat (his band was a 3-piece at the time) then I left and hitchiked back home.

Met him a couple of times years later, a buddy of mine jammed with him once when he was in town for a gig.

I always thought Mars Cowling was an awesome bassist.

Ahm Gwanna Kick Booty was always one of my favorite songs.

I got a 1st generation copy of the master tape of a club gig they did in Wichita in the mid-80s. Transferred it to cd a few months back. Pretty cool show...

So Doug.....Phil Lewis signed your "Go For What You Know" album as "Pat Travers"?
:confused:

ELVIS
07-28-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

I fell for the hype and bought am X-Fi Platinum card a couple of months ago. It makes so much noise it is pathetic.

And did you properly shield the card ??

Didn't think so...

I had a similar problem with a Digidesign card for Pro-Tools...

Some proper shielding tape and walla!!!

I have an older Creative Labs card that I wrapped in shielding tape and it's whisper quiet...

And I go straight from the sound card into a Carver CT-Seven pre-amp into a Peavey CS-900 (yes 900) power amp into very nice custom built (by me) speakers.

I have yet to hear a quieter system, even with the Peaver power amp...

WACF
07-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Elvis...great information!

Thanks.

Douglas T.
07-28-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
So Doug.....Phil Lewis signed your "Go For What You Know" album as "Pat Travers"?
:confused:

Noooo ... I just met them at the same venue! Phil signed LA GUNS first album! Pat signed all my PT albums.

Douglas T.
07-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
DT...is that you in your avatar?

LOVE the hair!!!

Yep that's me about 18 years ago! Heredity is sometimes a cruel thing!

ELVIS
07-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Do you have Down Syndrome ??

Douglas T.
07-28-2006, 09:28 PM
No ... are they heavy metal! :D

Me ... I'm just folically challenged!

Douglas T.
07-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Do you have Down Syndrome ??

Why you ask? Becasue I posted the PT Autograph in the same post I talked about meeting Phil ... not that complicated! I guess that is almost confusing!