PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Remember This?

bueno bob
07-28-2006, 07:38 AM
I'm looking for the name of an old sci fi show that came on TV back in the mid '80s...maybe '86ish? I think it was pretty short lived, maybe only ten or eleven episodes, but it was about this family that went on vacation to Egypt and got separated from the touring group...and their youngest son found some kinda oddball gateway or something in the pyramid and the whole family got zapped into an alternate dimension that was really Nazi-like...they were trying to keep up appearances of being locals while finding a way back home...

This ring a bell to anybody? I know what it is, I just can't for the life of me remember the name and it's driving me nuts...

binnie
07-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Was it an american show?

Does seem to ring a bell.....

m_dixon1984
07-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Otherworld.

It was fun but not really my cup'o'tea.

M

bueno bob
07-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
Otherworld.

It was fun but not really my cup'o'tea.

M

THAT'S IT!!!

Thanks!

MERRYKISSMASS2U
07-28-2006, 11:25 AM
http://www.innermind.com/myguides/guides/otherw.htm

bueno bob
07-28-2006, 11:59 AM
That's the one exactly...

I'm going to hit up Youtube and see if they have any episodes...I haven't seen the thing in years, but was dreaming about it for the last couple of days, don't know why...

Got my appetite whetted to watch it again...all whopping 8 episodes... :)

bueno bob
07-28-2006, 12:00 PM
I swear, most of my favorite all time 80's sci fi programs never seemed to get off the ground...Otherworld got 8 episodes...Automan had a handful...Street Hawk had a handful...the Phoenix wasn't even on a month before it got cancelled...