X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Is Reggie Bush a douchebag?

He hasn't played a single down in the NFL and he's holding out. Is it me or is this jusr not right?
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Bush
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• EbDawson
      Veteran
      • Apr 2004

Nothing new really. Still early in training camp. Just holding out for the bucks. Historically, running backs suffer the least from holdouts. Not a Saints fan so it's no big deal to me anyway.
      "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• amadeus
        Head Fluffer
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
        He hasn't played a single down in the NFL and he's holding out. Is it me or is this jusr not right?
        No, it isn't right at all but unforunately this is par for the course for the NFL lately. In hindsight, maybe the Texans weren't as dumb as most people think concerning drafting Williams ahead of Bush as far as a signing persepctive goes. In my opinion, Bush will do great in the NFl but I don't get the whole thing of demanding money now when all you have done is proved what you can do in college but have yet to prove what you can do in the NFL. Everybody knows that the NFL is a lot different the college ball in more ways than one.

Comment

• Brett
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The Texans were dumb, end of story. Bush is going to be a great player. They'll get him signed soon, it's not going to be a big deal.

Comment

• redblkwht
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
            The Texans were dumb, end of story. Bush is going to be a great player. They'll get him signed soon, it's not going to be a big deal.
            I read that he may hold out &
            draft in 2007..
            wouldnt that be a gasser? lmfao!!

EUAS

Comment

• jcook11
              Commando
              • Sep 2004

Reggie is doing the same thing other top draft picks unfortunately do.....Having said that for those who didn't get a chance to see him on a regular basis the guy is a great running back and will (barring injury or drug or weapons charges) be a great NFL back as well.

Comment

• Little Texan
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I wouldn't go as far as to call him a douchebag, but he is a greedy little prick like all the rest of 'em.

Comment

• Brett
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by redblkwht
                  I read that he may hold out &
                  draft in 2007..
                  wouldnt that be a gasser? lmfao!!
                  Cool maybe he'll come back and play at USC this season...we need a running back.

I had the good fortune to see every game Bush played at USC, including everyone home game for three years. He's the real deal, and a special player. And he's not a fucking thug like so many of these pricks.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Yeah, a real good character guy.

Priced himself out of being the #1 pick when he should have been.

Is now holding the team up for more money than Williams got, trying to save face.

Is threatening to holdout all season, live off endorsement money over what, maybe $3-4 million he is easily going to make-up in endorsements and future contracts, and place himself back in the draft?

Paid cash for the condo before he got out of college?

Great college player. No question. Bt let's not try to paint the guy as some wonderful human being. He could help revive New Orleans.

But will he.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

My thoughts on Bush are simple...

He SHOULD get #1 money...but he won't...because he wasn't #1...it's that simple.

HE WON'T hold out for the year...that's blog bullshit that will never come to fruition....

I think you'll see him sit until around week 2 of the preseason...

and end up getting a contract close to Williams...

maybe 400 grand less...

New Orleans is lucky...they have McCallister...so they can make Bush sweat for sure...

I agree with you Brett...on the field...I think the guy is going to be as good as you can get for a hybrid back...he could rename the "Marshall Faulk" back the "Reggie Bush" back.
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

I do agree...the wonderful human being piece, right now, is a joke...

although I think the cards are still out there.

I don't blame any college player for taking money while they are in college.

although it does perhaps bring the moral question into play...
                        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Oh he could be every bit Faulk was ... but there's a reason he wasn't the #1 ... and is holding out.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Agree with the "not squeaky clean" thoughts, but when you really think about it, how many 1st rounders can actually say that they don't have anything during their college career that was immoral, unethical, or downright illegal ??

Not many, unfortunately....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

First round...second round...third round...fourth round...fifth round...

Comment

Working...