• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Breaking News: ESPN signs exclusivity agreement with Cowboys

Holy shit....

Visit ESPN for Dallas Cowboys live scores, video highlights, and latest news. Find standings and the full 2023 season schedule.

ESPN signs 5 year airtime exclusivity agreement with Dallas Cowboys

BRISTOL, CT - Jul. 29, 2006
    by Dean Werner, ESPN correspondent

ESPN and the Dallas Cowboys have mutually announced a five-year agreement that in essence ensures that ESPN and it's networks will exclusively discuss the Dallas Cowboys in it's NFL coverage.

Sources at ESPN state that all NFL discussions on it's NFL shows, such as "Sunday NFL Countdown", "NFL Live", "Edge NFL Matchup", as well as the nightly "Sportscenter" and the 24/7 coverage on "ESPNEWS", will center on the Cowboys, and mostly on head coach Bill Parcells and it's controversial wide receiver signed in the offseason, Terrell Owens.

Cowboys owner and CEO Jerry Jones enthusiastically proclaimed that this was a "terrific agreement that we've been attempting to finalize for quite some time now. It's common knowledge that the Cowboys are 'America's Team', and now with ESPN's help, it will just solidify that throughout our great nation".

While fans of other NFL teams are sure to complain about the new policy, ESPN senior management sources said privately on Friday that focusing on the soap opera-like stories that envelope the Cowboys' camp is what drive the ratings up, rather than focus on the actual football stories that occur in all other NFL teams' camps.
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Well...lmfao...people have been knocking ESPN now for years...

but refuse to stop watching it like I have...

now...EsPn slaps you in the face with it...because people won't stop watching...

hilarious...

Next thing you know...they'll have an exclusive contract with Lebron...and single players...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

LMFAO.... I thought I did a pretty good writeup....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

Doesn't shock me, They already talk about the fricking cowboys every chance they get, The Fucking Browns could be in the super bowl, and the Dallas Cowboys could be 0-16, and ESPN would still talk about the cowboys.
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

LOL, I just got a little ticked today...

Every fucking day this week, all I see is either Parcells and Owens....

And I'm not saying it's should be "all Steelers, all the time" either...

But you're not seeing ANYBODY ELSE....

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            LOL, I just got a little ticked today...

Every fucking day this week, all I see is either Parcells and Owens....

And I'm not saying it's should be "all Steelers, all the time" either...

But you're not seeing ANYBODY ELSE....

I could give a fuck about the cowboys, put some fucking results on the field, and I'll care.

The only guy who is legit when it comes to football over there, is Chris Berman, He could give a fuck what team a player is on, He gives them props when they make a good play. He even had fucking Tim Couch on his All-Sunday Night Football team. That takes some serious balls to say that.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

This is bizarre.

They should at least try to appear impartial...

Kind of fucked.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Ummmm.....

You guys realize that I typed that up on my own.....

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

Ummmm.....

You guys realize that I typed that up on my own.....

LMMFAO! Just realized it, Good prank my Friend.

Isn't Dean Werner from Animal House?

Anyways, As of late ESPN has truly been horrible, I can't fucking stand how many times they play that Fucking World Series of Poker shit, It's fucking annoying as hell, Wish they would replay an old football game instead.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Unchainme
                    LMMFAO! Just realized it, Good prank my Friend.

Isn't Dean Werner from Animal House?

Anyways, As of late ESPN has truly been horrible, I can't fucking stand how many times they play that Fucking World Series of Poker shit, It's fucking annoying as hell, Wish they would replay an old football game instead.
                    LOL, yeah, I was gonna put Ed Werder, who's ESPN's Cowboys bitch boy, but with my luck, I'd get sued....

And don't forget, they're showing Darts now !!!!

What's next, going back to Australian Rules Football like the old days ???

Comment

• Unchainme
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2005

What's next, going back to Australian Rules Football like the old days ???
                      that would probably be better than "The World Series of Boring Sports"
                      At least its an auctual sport.

ESPN needs to quit showing that shit, and show auctual sports.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

LOL Nice one, Va........
                        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• redblkwht
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Great gag, i was like..your kidding me right?

get used to it, TO gets too much PR..IMO this will get
                          annoying VERY soon i feel it coming!

EUAS

Comment

• thome
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Mar 2005

I respect the Marcus Allen way of scoring touchdowns and setting Hall of Fame numbers up---No Fanfare, it's what I do.

I can always handle a little celebrating after a good play but when
                            it progressed into the -Eighties -into a team Doing the Super Bowl Shuffle Video and then every play each player does his own 10 second version of it i really lost interest in the attention seeking some players Need..Like a Bunch of school girls fighting for camera time.

Back to your fake article --top notch sarcasm- on the current state of affairs in The -E- Chanel coverage of Football and Paris Hilton.

ESPN seems like The E chanel at times and i just wonder why a football player thinks he must garner any attention he can bad or good.

Is it a popularity contest or a contest of skill co-ordination and talent
                            in the execution of complicated group strategy....?

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

It never occured to me that you would be bs-ing.

Hilarious that I have that much trust in a complete stranger.
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...