X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JuniorsGrades
    Roadie
    • Feb 2004

Welcome Back Kotter

Does anybody know where I can find the video that MTV aired when we all thought Dave was back in the band in '96?

Thanks........
    Before I always said I always liked Van Halen with David Lee Roth. Now I have to say I like Van Halen with David Lee Roth & Michael Anthony. It's just too much!
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Anyone?

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Dang. I have it on vhs. About the closest I could get is play it on my tv, film it with my phone camera, and YouTube it. Wuld probably look pretty crappy. There has to be a decent copy out there. If one doesn't turn up, I'll try the above this weekend. At least you can still see it that way. That little tribute to Dave fired me up more than anything about the reunion. So close.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• JuniorsGrades
        Roadie
        • Feb 2004

Wow. With all the other crap that's on YouTube I thought for sure it would be there. Hopefully somebody's got it.
        Before I always said I always liked Van Halen with David Lee Roth. Now I have to say I like Van Halen with David Lee Roth & Michael Anthony. It's just too much!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I know WE used to have it...

but can't seem to find it...

I do have it on DVD somewhere in my boot stash...

I don't know if CATO has it or not....

but it's around...and around here for sure...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

It was more evidence of how disposable sam was in that band that they would even produce that clip if Dave wasn't a permanent replacement.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Well...MTV doesn't know much...but they know where the money is...

and it took them what...a 5 second hint that Roth was back to start spreading around that commercial?

in 1996...had they have toured...

wow...

it COULD have been one of those moments in history...that lasted longer than 5...

fucking spED...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I hate seeing that clip....The way Dave and Eddie shook hands, then later the announcement they had reformed. I remember being in my car when I heard about the reunion and I started screaming out loud....

Then we find out they still can't get along. Seeing the clip makes me feel sick knowing what could have been.
                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• fenway5150
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Feb 2004

I remember getting the chills when I saw MTV playing that piece with Dave doing the splits and hearing Welcome Back.....wow.
                  "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
                  - DLR, 2004

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by fenway5150
                    I remember getting the chills when I saw MTV playing that piece with Dave doing the splits and hearing Welcome Back.....wow.
                    Exactly. That definitely cranked the excitement level up to 11. Even rap saturated MTV knew what was up and what the people want. It was like the Catholic church having a welcome back video for the second coming of Christ. I don't know if Jesus would do the splits though.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...