PDA

View Full Version : Lamb of God

mako_kimura
08-05-2006, 10:27 PM
I've been experimenting and getting into newer music, and I came across Lamb of God. They sound like a cross between some European band and some Bay Area band. Any thoughts?

rustoffa
08-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Mastodon is better. See for yourself!

Brent...don't bother to thank me....throw money.
:D

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/2214/993131773lfl6.jpg

Unchainme
08-06-2006, 01:10 AM
Children of Bodom sounds promising to me, I listened to their covers of Aces High and Powerslave by Iron Maiden and they tore it up, They're a Death Metal band and usually I hate bands like that (Vocalists I'm not to keen on.), But they sound Different I might try some more of it, Any reccommendations?

Dave's Bitch
08-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Lamb of God are very good live, I saw them last year supported by Devil Criver and they sound great and have quite a presence onstage,something most bands seem to lack today

mako_kimura
08-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Yo, DB, it's Devil Driver, just to let ya know

Dave's Bitch
08-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by mako_kimura
Yo, DB, it's Devil Driver, just to let ya know

lol oops,i type to fast.Now i feel stupid :)

Devil Driver were pretty good live,They made the pit the size of the whole floor

FORD
08-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Do any of these bands have something other than a "Cookie Monster" lead vocalist? I don't even waste time with that shit.

binnie
08-07-2006, 02:18 AM
Nope, all have cookie monster vocals, although Children of the Bodom do alternate between that and singing.

However, Mastodon are the best metal band to come around for at least 10 years....

binnie
08-07-2006, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by mako_kimura
I've been experimenting and getting into newer music, and I came across Lamb of God. They sound like a cross between some European band and some Bay Area band. Any thoughts?

I actually think that they are the best of the "New Wave of American Heavy Metal Bands".

They have a bit of the crazy time signatures like Meshuggah, and the fury like Slayer.

most importantly, they have something that most heavy bands don't have these days: when you hear them, you know it's them inside v30 seconds.

Hopefully one day, they will make a classic!

mako_kimura
08-07-2006, 10:46 AM
At first, I was afraid to listen to them cause number one: they're death metal, and number two: all the scene kiddies at my school LOVE em. But, they're the most listenable out of all the bullshit the kiddes here like, which is stuff I've never heard of