• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetalSkool
    Banned
    • May 2006

The MIAMI VICE movie thread : Your Thoughts

Who's seen it and your reviews:

My opinion, short of character names and movie title this movie had very little to do with the tv show or tv show plot lines.

It wasn't bad, kinda dark and Colin and Jaime have no chemistry togther but that may have bene the fault of the script writing.

The movie doesnt even start like a normal movie with an opening scene or logo, screen credits, you dont even see a MIAMI VICE logo until the end of the movie.

There are some good shoot scenes including some tard in a trailer who gets his shit blown away by a female bad ass cop which had the audience yelling "DAMN!!!!"

Overall a 2.5 out of 4 thumbs up.
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I actually am a fan of the original TV show, I used to tape it off SpikeTV. I just wonder why they even bothered if they weren't going to relate the movie to the series in more ways than just the title. Sounds like they're just marketing a bland, action-cop film with a slightly different angle. But then again, the Miami Vice series was pretty much a standard cop series dressed up with a great soundtrack and visuals. They should have left it in the 80's. And Colin Ferrel just sort of irritates with the one stock-character he does as 'the tough guy.' I mean, even Don Johnson, who is no great actor, gave Crockett a little depth, I can't see that drunken Irish dickhead doing much with him.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

I never gave a damn about the TV show....I care even less about the remake....

I mean spending millions to make a lame movie based on a lame TV show?

Christ...what a waste...

Not knocking anyone who was a fan of the TV show...it just never was my cup of tea....

Comment

• Golden AWe
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Besides all the exciting fast cars and beautiful women that amazed me as a kid, when it was first shown, and the retro looks that amazed me now that it's been shown again, I do like the fact that there weren't so many TV shows before this that brought up the drug problem etc. in the 80's...
        Originally posted by Cato
        Golden, why are you FAT?
        Originally posted by lesfunk
        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• distortion9
          Sniper
          • Mar 2004

The TV show was also one of the first, if not THE first, to incorporate ACTUAL songs/artists into the show. This was a big deal at the time. Prior to this, everything was either original music or cover band type remakes.

As for the movie....fast cars, fast boats, Miami nightlife, drugs, hot brawds and guns....what's not to like? If you're a "gun nut" like me, you know that NOBODY does gun play better than Michael Mann.
          http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...sternsucks.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80...9e45f7d735.jpg

Your mom's box!

Comment

• Douglas T.
            Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

They should have called this movie the LOVE BOAT or something! Too too much romancin'!

Comment

• Keeyth
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
              Besides all the exciting fast cars and beautiful women that amazed me as a kid, when it was first shown, and the retro looks that amazed me now that it's been shown again, I do like the fact that there weren't so many TV shows before this that brought up the drug problem etc. in the 80's...

Yes, because when we ignored it, the problem wasn't so bad. In fact, it almost went away there before they started that whole D.A.R.E. thing!
              Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

Working...