Maurice Clarett Arrested AGAIN: Loaded guns, liquor and knife!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Switch84
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Maurice Clarett Arrested AGAIN: Loaded guns, liquor and knife!

:confused: :p I wasn't sure where to put this, since he wasn't a pro, just an NFL wannabe. He would've made a perfect Bengal, LMAO!

Maurice Clarett was arrested early Wednesday after police found four loaded guns in his truck.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Maurice Clarett was arrested early Wednesday after a highway chase that ended with police using Mace on the former Ohio State running back and finding four loaded guns in his sport-utility vehicle, a police spokesman said.
    Officers used Mace to subdue Clarett after a stun gun was ineffective because the former Fiesta Bowl star was wearing a bullet-resistant vest, Sgt. Michael Woods said.

"It took several officers to get him handcuffed," Woods said. "Even after he was placed in the paddy wagon, he was still kicking at the doors and being a problem for the officers."

Police planned to charge him with carrying concealed weapons without a permit and other counts, Woods said. Clarett did not speak to police who tried to interview him at the station before he was moved to the Franklin County Jail.

Wearing tan jail-issue clothes, he talked on the telephone in the booking area, separated from reporters by a window. He was to be held at the jail at least until an arraignment Thursday morning, unless his attorneys work out an agreement for his release, police said.

Clarett made an illegal U-turn on the city's east side and failed to stop when officers, in a cruiser with lights flashing, tried to pull him over, Woods said.

Police said they pursued Clarett onto the eastbound lanes of Interstate 70, one of the city's main freeways, when he darted across the median and began heading west. Clarett drove over a spike strip that was placed on the highway, flattening the driver's side tires of the SUV, Woods said. A police helicopter in the area helped track the vehicle.

Clarett exited the highway and pulled into a restaurant parking lot about 10 minutes after police say they saw him make the U-turn. Officers removed him from the SUV after he failed to obey numerous orders to exit the vehicle, Woods said.

After Clarett was placed in a police van, officers discovered a loaded rifle and three loaded handguns in the front of his vehicle, Woods said.

"We don't have any idea why he had them or what, if anything, he was going to do with them," Woods said. Police don't know where Clarett got the guns or where he was headed or coming from in the SUV. Federal authorities plan to trace the guns' ownership.

A half-full bottle of vodka was found in the SUV, but no breath test was administered because police had no indication that Clarett was intoxicated, Woods said.

Clarett, 22, is currently awaiting trial on two counts of aggravated robbery, four counts of robbery and one count of carrying a concealed weapon in a separate case. Authorities said he was identified by witnesses as the person who flashed a gun and robbed two people of a cellphone in an alley behind the Opium Lounge in Columbus in the early hours of Jan. 1.

Messages seeking comment were left Wednesday morning for Clarett's attorneys in that case, Nick Mango and Michael Hoague. The home address Clarett gave police was his mother's house in Youngstown. A message seeking comment was left at the home.

Clarett scored the winning touchdown in the second overtime of the Fiesta Bowl against Miami to lead Ohio State to the 2002 national championship, the school's first since 1968. But that was the last game the freshman played for Ohio State.

Clarett plans to play for the Mahoning Valley Hitmen, one of five teams in the Eastern Indoor Football League. The team, based in Clarett's hometown of Youngstown, is to begin play in January.

He sat out the 2003 season after being charged with misdemeanor falsification on a police report, then dropped out of school. He sued to be included in the 2004 NFL draft and lost in court.

A surprise third-round pick in the 2005 draft, he was cut by the Denver Broncos during the preseason.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
    Last edited by Switch84; 08-09-2006, 10:50 AM.
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

HE COULD ... GO ... ALL ... THE ... WAY ...

(to ... prison)

GO BLUE!

Comment

• thome
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Mar 2005

Well, with the NFL's record, i can't figure out why he isn't playing.

Maybe ,the NFL is finally getting smart? i have no idea how many of
      these types of players they see and -know- can't be included in the draft or on Any team.

Chalk one up for the NFL knowing a piece of Sh!t when they see it.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

What a fucking idiot!!

Comment

• redblkwht
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

4 guns & a bullet proof vest tells me, he had plans for
          something big..

I hope hes done for a while now.

EUAS

Comment

• Little Texan
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

What the hell is wrong with that idiot? He had a bright future ahead of him at Ohio St., until he started fucking up and ended up pissing away every last bit of that future away! Why is it that some people just can't stay out of trouble, don't learn from their mistakes, and keep doing the same stupid shit over and over again? I'll never understand that. I guess some people just love prison food and being Bubba's bitch so much that they'll do anything to get put back in prison!

Comment

• ALinChainz
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Wearing a vest tells me maybe he threatened one too many people or screwed the wrong dude and was thinking his ass was dead.

Anyway you cut it ... because this dude couldn't cut in class at OSU, and we all know athletes are coddled, the lying to the cops, etc, he threw away millions.

And he still got drafted, and he still blew it.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

You know...I know he's stupid...I know he's a thug...and I know he deserves being hammered as a dope over, and over, and over, and over...

But still?

Sad...really sad...

that someone so fucking young...can be so fucking stoopid...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Threw it away.

One thing to get in the league and just find out you weren't good enough, but to just continually fuck up, something wrong with the dude.

Personally, was never impressed with him as a player. He ran behind a good line and had major threats on the outside to keep the defense honest. I don't think he would have been "great". But who knows, stranger things have happened.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

The chick who was going to testify against him at his trial (supposed to be today) lived only ONE BLOCK from where he made the U-turn....

That's one lucky chick, if you ask me....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

What a dirtbag loser!
                      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Hard to tell how good he was going to be.

I know he played behind a good line...but he broke some records at OSU that had stood for a long time, and some pretty good backs had run the ball there.

How good?

I don't know. He didn't really have break away speed, and it really looked like he wasn't a between the tackles kind of guy...

and you are right...he did have a lot of holes.

a good pro?

never know...

now, of course...no fucking way...lmfao...

and amazing that he had a flak jacket on, with 4 guns, one an AK-47...

no doubt...he was going to say hello to a little friend.

What a dumb ass...
                        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I saw he had a half bottle of grey goose in the car.
                          Atleast he has good taste in vodka!

GO CANES!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Just when you thought it couldn't get more ridiculous...

lmfao...

Report: Mob ties behind Clarett's latest arrest?
                            Story Tools:
                            Print Email Blog This
                            FOXSports.com
                            Posted: 6 hours ago

The Maurice Clarett saga took yet another bizarre turn Thursday, as the former Ohio State star's lawyer said his client may have been in possession of firearms last week to protect himself against mob activity.

According to a report on ESPN.com, Clarett's lawyer, Nick Mango, said Clarett has received repeated death threats over the past year. But a recent postcard sent from Los Angeles last week has Mango worried about Clarett's ties to an alleged member of an Israeli crime organization.
                            The report said Clarett traveled to L.A. in late summer of 2004, where he was introduced to Hai Waknine, 35, a convicted felon whom prosecutors believe is a member of an Israeli crime organization called The Jerusalem Group. Waknine reportedly became Clarett's sponsor, providing him with cash, a BMW, bodyguards, drivers and beachfront lodging in Malibu, Calif., with the understanding that he would be reimbursed and would receive 60 percent of Clarett's rookie contract.

When Clarett was released by the Denver Broncos in August of 2005, he could not pay Waknine back and was eventually cut off financially.

After Clarett was arrested last week while in possession of four guns and a hatchet and wearing a bulletproof vest, his attorneys received an anonymous phone call alerting them to Clarett's ties to Waknine. They grew more suspicious when the threatening postcard arrived from Los Angeles this week.

"That's our question, whether it's from him or people associated with that scene out there," Mango told ESPN. "Again, it came from Los Angeles, and we don't know what to make of that. ... We're going to turn this over to someone in law enforcement and see what they think (of the postcard). ... We've always felt he had some reasons to fear for his safety, and we don't think any of his actions the night he was arrested — despite the way it's been spun — were that he was a threat to anyone else but more of him being in fear for his safety for quite some time."

Mango said he believes Clarett's debts may be the reason behind the threats.

"I believe he owes (Waknine) money, and I think (Waknine) is probably not the only one," Mango said.

Waknine recently pleaded guilty to a racketeering charge, admitting he threatened violence to extort money from several individuals. He is expected to receive a nine-year prison term at his sentencing Sept. 11.

Comment

• Mezro
                              Full Member Status

• May 2004

Maurice Crackhead: true colors.

Mezro...go to jail...go to McDonalds...go back to the hood...who the fuck cares?...chunk of shit...
                              Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

Working...