X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don Corleone
    Veteran
    • May 2004

'Plot to blow up planes' foiled

A terrorist plot to blow up planes in mid-flight from the UK to the US has been disrupted, Scotland Yard has said.
    It is thought the plan was to detonate explosive devices smuggled on aircraft in hand luggage.

Police have arrested about 18 people in the London area after an anti-terrorist operation lasting several months.

Security at all airports in the UK has been tightened and delays are expected. MI5 says the current UK threat level is critical - the highest possible.

Scotland Yard said in a statement: "We would like to reassure the public that this operation was carried out with public safety uppermost in our minds.

"This is a major operation which inevitably will be lengthy and complex."

Transparent bags

The Department for Transport set out the details of the security measures at UK airports.

Passengers will not be allowed to take any hand luggage on to any flights in the UK, the department said.

Only the barest essentials - including passports and wallets - will be allowed to be carried on board in transparent plastic bags.

"We hope that these measures, which are being kept under review by the government, will need to be in place for a limited period only," the statement said.

BBC journalist Joe Lynam encountered the increased security measures at Gatwick airport.

"I was handed a piece of paper saying that pretty much nothing could be taken on board the plane," he said.

"Everything had to be checked in and that includes mobile phones, ipods, wallets - even spectacle cases had to be checked in."

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    Roth Army Militia
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Yep, it was breaking news this morning, all over the TV.

Massive security measure have been implemented at UK airports, there is even talk of planes been cancelled.

Looks like the plan was to blow them up over the ocean so that there would be very little evidence.

Bastards.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Douglas T.
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

HA HA terrorist! Foiled again! ASSHOLES!!

Comment

• Douglas T.
        Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Last edited by Douglas T.; 08-10-2006, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• blonddgirl777
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by Douglas T.
          Why don't they just kill themselves and leave us alone!

I take planes regularely and it sucks that I have to think about this shit...

Fuck them!
          FUCK!!!
          http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
          Originally posted by Nitro Express
          ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
          Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
          [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
          http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
          Originally posted by VanHalener
          ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
          Originally posted by FORD
          ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• Don Corleone
            Veteran
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Douglas T.
            No. Assholes have a use, these clowns don't.
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

I don't even know what these terrorists want. What are their demands, what message are they trying to get across?

There is just no purpose whatsoever for such activities.

There is nothing heroic about such actions, it's cowardice at it's worse...
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• franksters
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

They just want the whole planet to become MUSLIM, and they also want the justice system to be the CHARIA. Until they don't have this they won't stop.

they wanted the gaza strip they got it!
                now they want more...

let's just say that if the world would give them Israel, it would work for a few years...And then they would want something else, and on and on and on...

People are too politically correct with the Terrorists these days, why don't we just called them by their real name? The name that is also the reason that lead them to do this kinda stuff: ISLAM.

Every time you see the word TERRORIST it automatically can be replaced by the word MUSLIM, so we should call them by their own given name period.

Let's face it; THEY ARE the only terrorist that we hear about...

sick of them!@#$%%% fuck! fuck! fuck!
                Last edited by franksters; 08-10-2006, 07:42 PM.
                SUMMER'S JUST
                AROUND
                THE CORNER!

[IMG]
                http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by franksters

People are too politically correct with the Terrorists these days, why don't we just called them by their real name? The name that is also the reason that lead them to do this kinda stuff: ISLAM.
                  Because it's not Islam -- It's Islam fundamentalists. Each religion and political stance has these extreme-minded people. We can't punish Muslims who actually follow the peaceful teachings they are told to follow.

What the extremists do is they pick and choose passages. Something like what the fundamentalist Christians do. The Qur'an has passages that says to fight those who fight you until there's no more persecution and religion is all for Allah -- which is what the fundamentalists are doing. They decide to turn a blind eye to where it says within that passage that if those you are in this fight against offer peace, to take it and forget everything that happened and that any revenge handed out will be equal to the Muslim performing it.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
                    Gee, I don't know!

Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                      What the extremists do is they pick and choose passages. Something like what the fundamentalist Christians do. The Qur'an has passages that says to fight those who fight you until there's no more persecution and religion is all for Allah -- which is what the fundamentalists are doing. They decide to turn a blind eye to where it says within that passage that if those you are in this fight against offer peace, to take it and forget everything that happened and that any revenge handed out will be equal to the Muslim performing it.
                      Wow did we just agree on something theological there...?

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Wow did we just agree on something theological there...?
                        Fundamentalists of both Christianity (more the Protestant denominations) and Islam have been getting on my nerves as of late. I have no problem with what anyone wants to believe (except Scientology), but these guys are just getting annoying now. Not to mention good people are getting a black-eye for their actions.
                        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                          Fundamentalists of both Christianity (more the Protestant denominations) and Islam have been getting on my nerves as of late. I have no problem with what anyone wants to believe (except Scientology), but these guys are just getting annoying now. Not to mention good people are getting a black-eye for their actions.
                          Well said as usual, Ally. Anyone who perverts religion to promote violence and intolerance--- Muslim, Christian, WHATEVER---they themselves should DIE.

So the no liquid thing...that applies to carry-on luggage ONLY, right? Can I still have toothpaste deodorant, and whatnot in a CHECKED bag, i.e. one going in the cargo bay? :confused:
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
                            Well said as usual, Ally. Anyone who perverts religion to promote violence and intolerance--- Muslim, Christian, WHATEVER---they themselves should DIE.

So the no liquid thing...that applies to carry-on luggage ONLY, right? Can I still have toothpaste deodorant, and whatnot in a CHECKED bag, i.e. one going in the cargo bay? :confused:
                            Yes.

The checked stuff at least here goes through big fucking scanners up to 4 times that can check that. Plus if you have put some liquid explosive in the hold you can't then create a bomb from it because it's in the hold.

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
                              they won't because this 'war' is causing more problems than good....

the whole thing is so we can lamely follow America's regimes anyway....
                              ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

Working...