X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Gatorade vs. Powerade

Me, I much prefer Powerade to Gatorade, as it tastes alot better, imo. Although, I know that Gatorade probably works better than Powerade.
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

For me it's Gatorade.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
      Foot Soldier
      • Apr 2005

original formula gatorade

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

Either one, All Sport though Tastes like Shit. I'm glad that doesn't exist anymore.

I'm leaning toward Powerade, Because they have Lebron on the Packaging now
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Powerade. another fine Coca-Cola product.

i thought LeBron was signed to a Pepsi product? isn't he still pimping Mountain Dew?
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
            Either one, All Sport though Tastes like Shit. I'm glad that doesn't exist anymore.

I'm leaning toward Powerade, Because they have Lebron on the Packaging now
            I Really Think That You Should Stop Capitalizing Things Unnecessarily. This Isn't German.

Comment

• MAX
              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Cool thread IMO. Although, you should've made it a poll.

Gatorade for sure and without a doubt.

I pretty much stopped drinking sodas or sugary beverages (for the most part) about a year ago and I stick with water. However, it gets extremely hot here in the summer and whether I'm working hard in the hot sun or playing and sweating bullets, water just does NOT cut it. I'm going to sound like a Gatorade sales rep or something but after having a cupla close calls with heat exhaustion, sun stroke, etc. I KNOW from personal experience how much Gatorade is scientifically proven to help in such extreme circumstances. It's formultaed with precisely the right amounts of sodium, electrolytes, carbohydrates and sugars that an active body loses. It completely replenishes everything when battling dehydration.

The history of Gatorade goes back to the 60's and was made for the hot, humid and brutal Florida Gator Football players summer practices.

Besides, I've always loved the stuff even going back to being a little kid.

That Powerade shit tastes like shitty Kool-Aid and is too sweet, IMO.

When I'm working or playing hardcore, give me that classic greenish Lemon-Lime or the original Orange and I'll be good to go.

The Gatorade "Lemonade" flavors rock as well.

Plus, their commercials kick ass.

Dayuuuum, those fuckers should hire me for all of this PR, no?

Oh and one last thing... This is going back about twenty years or so but does anyone remember when they also made "Gatorgum?" That shit was sooooo friggin' awesome!!!

Last edited by MAX; 08-11-2006, 04:03 AM.
              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• RuzDNailz
                Foot Soldier
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                Cool thread IMO. Although, you should've made it a poll.

Gatorade for sure and without a doubt.

I pretty much stopped drinking sodas or sugary beverages (for the most part) about a year ago and I stick with water. However, it gets extremely hot here in the summer and whether I'm working hard in the hot sun or playing and sweating bullets, water just does NOT cut it. I'm going to sound like a Gatorade sales rep or something but after having a cupla close calls with heat exhaustion, sun stroke, etc. I KNOW from personal experience how much Gatorade is scientifically proven to help in such extreme circumstances. It's formultaed with precisely the right amounts of sodium, electrolytes, carbohydrates and sugars that an active body loses. It completely replenishes everything when battling dehydration.

The history of Gatorade goes back to the 60's and was made for the hot, humid and brutal Florida Gator Football players summer practices.

Besides, I've always loved the stuff even going back to being a little kid.

That Powerade shit tastes like shitty Kool-Aid and is too sweet, IMO.

When I'm working or playing hardcore, give me that classic greenish Lemon-Lime or the original Orange and I'll be good to go.

The Gatorade "Lemonade" flavors rock as well.

Plus, their commercials kick ass.

Dayuuuum, those fuckers should hire me for all of this PR, no?

Oh and one last thing... This is going back about twenty years or so but does anyone remember when they also made "Gatorgum?" That shit was sooooo friggin' awesome!!!
                Truth is Max, you are dead-on with the water aspect. One of the paths to losing weight is to drink a shitload of water and let it flush out your system.

Comment

• RuzDNailz
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Nov 2004

I'm totally split on this one.

Gatorade is the original and you can't mess with that! I like the original orange or lemon-lime flavour because those are the classic flavours besides the fruit punch one. Gatorade provides us with the largest selection of flavours and formats.

Powerade is great IMO and especially the berry blast blue flavour. It's also one of my favourites. They don't really emphasize on fancy bottles at all and they stick to tradition. Now, I don't know if it still is available, but Powerade at least had a lite version. It was half the sugars and carbs and it still tasted pretty good.

Please don't mention All-Sport because that was Pepsi Cola's poor attempt at the sports drink market. I've TRIED to like it but the carbonation killed it. You don't carbonate sports drinks! Learn from the top 2 leaders on how it's done.

Comment

• Little Texan
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

All Sport was HORRIBLE! I also didn't like it because of the carbonation. Now Pepsi owns the most popular sports drink brand on the market, Gatorade.

My favorite flavor of Powerade is Green Squall, and I can't find it around here, anywhere, so I usually drink my second favorite flavor, which is Mountain Blast.

Comment

• Redballjets88
                      Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Powerade, gatorade tastes watered down
                      R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Powerade.
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Jim Beam.

Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• RuzDNailz
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Nov 2004

That explains why All-Sport was dropped by Pepsi. Gatorade was owned by Quaker Inc. the same guys as the oatmeal breakfast products. Funny how some products become monopolized because of their reputation.

Comment

• Sammy Who??
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2004

both

Comment

Working...