X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ace diamond
    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Official Arizona Cardinals Thread

I'M WATCHING THE GAME AGAINST THE STEELERS RIGHT NOW,AND HOLY SHIT,WERE LOOKING GOOD. AFTER YEARS OF SHITTY TEAMS,
    I THINK WE MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE A DECENT SHOT AT A WILD CARD SPOT THIS YEAR. IT WOULD BE THE FIRST TEAM TO MAKE POST-SEASON SINCE THE EARLY 1990'S.

OH FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!TOUCHDOWN ARIZONA!!!!!!!!
    WE SCORED FIRST AGAINST THE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!
    GO CARDS!!!!!
    Originally posted by hideyoursheep
    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

As much as I "Dislike" The Steelers and a much as I like to see them get beaten , It is only the Pre-Season. No One knows what is going to happen, because of the parity of the league now a days.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Okay, I could go two ways with this thread...but will take the high road...

1. Arizona's offense should be incredible this year, if healthy...which I doubt...because I don't think their line is sound. You'll see Edge and Warner hurt.

2. Arizona's defense will suck this year...

3. They'll be middle of the road or worse THIS YEAR...

but...

next year...if they pick up the right pieces...could be formidable...with the kid from USC running the team...and a better line...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

They'll be much improved, no doubt...

But let's not get carried away....

Edge didn't run for shit against the top lines....

Although when you think about it, no one runs on the Steelers...

Preseason defense is damn-near prevent defense, especially for the Steelers....

I do like the Boldin/Fitzgerald combination though....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I don't like Warner...to erratic...and was questionable when he had a cannon with some of the passes he'd make...

and he's injury prone...

their line is porous...

Leinart unproven...

and their defense is far to streaky...although improved...but not NEARLY enough...

their receivers will make them better...and Edge...irregardless of how good he is...will force teams NOT to double the outside...which could be bad...if that line even comes close to looking good...

they are one year away from playing for a wildcard...and 2 from contending...and that's if their wonderful owners don't dismantle the team before then (they will).
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Little Texan
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: Official Arizona Cardinals Thread

Originally posted by ace diamond
            I'M WATCHING THE GAME AGAINST THE STEELERS RIGHT NOW,AND HOLY SHIT,WERE LOOKING GOOD. AFTER YEARS OF SHITTY TEAMS,
            I THINK WE MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE A DECENT SHOT AT A WILD CARD SPOT THIS YEAR. IT WOULD BE THE FIRST TEAM TO MAKE POST-SEASON SINCE THE EARLY 1990'S.

OH FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!TOUCHDOWN ARIZONA!!!!!!!!
            WE SCORED FIRST AGAINST THE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!
            GO CARDS!!!!!
            Dude, I wouldn't get too excited...it's only the preseason! I used to do that, but I learned a long time ago that you can't read too much into what happens in preseason...it'll fool the shit outta you! Besides, most of the teams are trying out unknown walk-ons and draft picks during these preseason games and most of the time it's a team's 2nd and 3rd stringers playing against the other team's 2nd and 3rd stringers. Unless it's the final preseason game, the starters are only going to play for one series.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Playing the rookies is a big part of it, sure...

The biggest thing in the preseason that gets forgotten a lot of the time is that coaches call the most basic plays in their playbook...

That means a lot of basic handoffs off tackle, simple screen passes, and zone defenses....

And that's what you saw yesterday...

As you get closer to the regular season, the starters play more, but the vanilla gameplans stay the same....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• EbDawson
                Veteran
                • Apr 2004

What's the over/under on Leinart signing? I say the 3rd preseason game. Cards are in the driver's seat on this one, no need to hurry and get him into camp.
                "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Leinart is really starting to show his colors eh?

I don't know...seemed that he spent most of his USC time playing it like a professional...calm and cool...friends to the stars...but not really mixed to much up...

but damn...over the past 4 months or so...he's started to look like a giant ass...

I wouldn't put it past the Bidwell's to hardball him all year...

Comment

• Little Texan
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    but damn...over the past 4 months or so...he's started to look like a giant ass...

Hell, I thought he was an arrogant asshole when he was still at USC! Notice during that interview after the National Championship game how he refused to give Texas any credit for beating USC, and said that USC was the better team? I was thinking at the time, you cocky little prick, Texas won the game so obviously they are the better team, asshole! I can't stand Leinart, or any of that bunch from USC for that matter!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I suppose I should have gone back further...lmfao...

it started after that Notre Dame game...

I remember thinking how he almost willed USC to that game...

and it's almost like Bush...stole his thunder...and his professionalism...

Comment

• EbDawson
                        Veteran
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by EbDawson
                        What's the over/under on Leinart signing? I say the 3rd preseason game.
                        Should have taken the under, looks like he's gonna sign tommorrow. 14 Mill. Guaranteed.
                        "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• amadeus
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jun 2004

Leinart's cocky attitude will be his downfall and you will see problems this year in the Arizona camp.

Comment

• Brett
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

One thing Matt Leinart is not...is cocky. He's a winner, he'll always be a winner. He will not be a downfall to the Arizona Cardinals, are you fucking kidding? They're ecstatic to have a guy like that on the roster.

Comment

• Brett
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                              Hell, I thought he was an arrogant asshole when he was still at USC! Notice during that interview after the National Championship game how he refused to give Texas any credit for beating USC, and said that USC was the better team? I was thinking at the time, you cocky little prick, Texas won the game so obviously they are the better team, asshole! I can't stand Leinart, or any of that bunch from USC for that matter!
                              Blow me. Don't be a sore winner.

And good I'm glad Leinart didn't concede to Texas. They weren't the better team, they had ONE player we couldn't get a handle on.

All you dumbass SC haters, sad.

Comment

Working...